• Replies 231
  • Likes 1

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It might not be a problem for some, the media would have you believe that everyone in the UK/USA is fairly well off - and it might be for the wealthy. The fact is that child poverty is pretty rampant and people are going to food banks at the highest levels ever seen. In Scotland where I live, the Radio is having 'cash for kids' charity and there's lots of other charity's trying to raise money so people can just get by. Some kids only really get fed at school (free lunches), as the parents are dependent on drugs/drink and don't feed the kids properly. This is a first world country - and most people struggle to get by. Some Police/nurses/firemen have second jobs just to pay the mortgage/rent. Young people can't get on the property ladder due to the prices of renting and the low stagnant wages - some people haven't had a pay rise for 10 years.

So yes, these people will eat meat - because they don't have the luxury or being able to go to the shops and pay £1.50 for 4 apples, when they can buy some meat product for less, which will satisfy their hunger more.
Hmmm... yeah, there can be money problems sure, but hunger is not something I usually see around. I mean, there are social aids everywhere, the state gives you food in some way. Your education and well being will suffer, but lack of food? Well, perhaps I haven't been in direct contact with that.

JoeyMacCheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vegan is the healthiest diet without a doubt but cheese is too nice so ill probably become Vegetarian within the next couple years

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, sometimes I think it's disgusting how many animals exist to die, just for to be consumed by people. Or thrown out and wasted or rotted. If I could, I'd totally be a vegan.

But steaks are just too delicious.
Medium rare :tpi:
I quite frankly don't care what diet someone else follows so long as it's not negatively affecting them and they aren't pushing it on anyone else

That said, if someone starts pressuring other people around them to start a vegan diet by shaming them into it, I'd organize a hot dog eating contest in their front yard. And anyone feeding their dogs/cats/other carnivorous pets vegan diets knowing full well that it will kill them over time will get fucking decked
My thoughts exactly!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Tbh I don't really eat meat for environmental reasons but I do eat sustainably caught fish

LOL, don't eat meat for environmental reasons - I'll bet you use plastic products which are pouting the sea/land at an alarming rate. Also the production of veg uses a vast amount of pesticides and doesn't help insects at all. I bet you also drive a car and burn fossil fuels. Buy stuff from China/elsewhere that need a vast amount of energy to be consumed to arrive at your house so you can use it for a couple of years and then throw it in the garbage (so it can be put into landfill).

If you think not eating meat will help the environment, you really are very misguided, they only way the environment will be helped is when humans are eventually extinct, or we return to the stone age.

Reactions: Cyan

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It might not be a problem for some, the media would have you believe that everyone in the UK/USA is fairly well off - and it might be for the wealthy. The fact is that child poverty is pretty rampant and people are going to food banks at the highest levels ever seen. In Scotland where I live, the Radio is having 'cash for kids' charity and there's lots of other charity's trying to raise money so people can just get by. Some kids only really get fed at school (free lunches), as the parents are dependent on drugs/drink and don't feed the kids properly. This is a first world country - and most people struggle to get by. Some Police/nurses/firemen have second jobs just to pay the mortgage/rent. Young people can't get on the property ladder due to the prices of renting and the low stagnant wages - some people haven't had a pay rise for 10 years.

So yes, these people will eat meat - because they don't have the luxury or being able to go to the shops and pay £1.50 for 4 apples, when they can buy some meat product for less, which will satisfy their hunger more.
Oh please. Canned vegetables are very cheap. Don't believe me? Here. Irish store.

You can buy one kilo of beans for less than 1€. Those have a lot of iron too. A lot of poor people eat badly because they find comfort in junk food with a lost of sugar/salt, not because they can't afford healthier food.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
people can do what they want, as long as they don't try to enforce their vision to others.
and that's the problem !
vegan I know, they require that you do effort to accept them and cook differently, but they look upon you and criticize and insult you if you dare eat differently than them, they don't accept that you don't become vegan like them because it's the enlightenment (like they saw god) and you should stop living your life your own way.
they act like a cult and religion. they want to convert everyone, and don't accept differences. We have to accept them but they don't accept other's choices?
edit: like said above, yeah, it's aggressive propaganda.

note :
French have 3 level and 3 different words :
Vegetarien [fr] -> Vegetarian [en] : not eating meat.
This one, I'm fine and I understand, each his own taste and color. I don't eat certain things too.

Vegetalien [fr] -> vegan [en] : not eating meat, nor food produced by animals like eggs or milk.
This one I understand too, though I see it a little strange for the fact that eating eggs or drinking milk does not kill any animal, but they feel like it's torture to make breeding to produce these, but until proven wrong chicken will always produce eggs even without any human intervention.

Vegan [fr] -> no word in english? : not eating meat, nor food produced by animal, nor wearing any product from animal (leather, wool, etc.), nor killing any living organisms because life is precious !
Vegan (french meaning) is stronger than the english one, and more than just "not eating meat", it goes up to "not using, wearing, touching anything produced AND derived from animals" like silk or leather or wool because it's from animals.
They also push the fact that "eating or killing living things" is wrong. but you know, vegetal are living organisms too, right? because you don't hear them cry you think it's not alive ? will you eat rock instead?
and they also are like "it's wrong to kill anything" but, things you don't see are fine, right ? stepping on insects, ants, mosquitoes, mites, bacteria and viruses, that's all right to kill them ? at which limit it isn't ?
vegan from this category are the one that make such propaganda and try to convert everyone.

Vegan is translation of Vegetalien (the second category), but french started to borrow the english word instead of using the existing one, as if it was a cult all around the world. it's like being part of something called vegan, instead of using the existing word in its own language.
it added a more signification to that movement with more ideology than just "eating" behavior.
everyone are free to do and act like they want, don't enforce others to act like you!

thou i call myself a vegetarian, I'm really a Lacto-vegetarian
I don't eat meat, fish or eggs, while i will eat cheese or yogurt, its difficult to find a product these days that doesn't contain milk

there are Ovo-vegetarians who do not eat meat or dairy products but do eat eggs

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I know non dairy product is very hard to find, there are always derivative of milk in most transformed product.
my sister had a non lactic diet, and she almost ate nothing. when you are lactose intolerant, you probably do a lot more effort than real vegan to prevent any allergy. it's not only milk, but everything derivative like the additive code written on products (like E270, or E963) or strange words like lactic acid? did you know "lactic" means dairy ?
do vegan really try that hard to not eat something they don't want to eat (instead of can't eat)?

thanks for the additional vegetarian sub-genre precision.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
as a vegetarian i'd rather eat human flesh than any animal
Humans are animals too, we are part of fauna. we are living species, head body arms,etc.

I think it would taste more beef than porc, it's red meat and muscle, we are very near bovinae/cattle? when they test (edit: some) vaccines for humans they do on cows, not monkeys.

Last edited by Cyan,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Humans are animals too, we are part of fauna.

I think it would taste more beef than porc, it's red meat.
I guess one could "legally" eat monkey some places, it should be similar I guess?
Way too exotic to go the extra mile and try that. (also doubt they'll follow any sanitary code)

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Humans are animals too, we are part of fauna.

I think it would taste more beef than porc, it's red meat and muscle, we are very near bovide/cattle? when they test vaccines for humans they do on cows, not monkeys.
I think it would depend on the diet of the human you ate. Say you were eating a vegan, I could imagine that being like lamb, but a carnivore would probably taste more like water buffalo steak.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
without going to monkeys or dogs eating reason, sanitary code in other part of the world is already different than european or american countries.
in some countries, meat and fishes are cut and thrown on the street's floor, with lot of flies on it, waiting for people to buy it.

Last edited by Cyan,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think it would depend on the diet of the human you ate. Say you were eating a vegan, I could imagine that being like lamb, but a carnivore would probably taste more like water buffalo steak.
Then perhaps one should feed a human only with acorn for later consumption.
I mean, Iberian ham is really tasty.

PS: This thread is going weird places... erm, look behind you, a three headed monkey!

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: Cyan

mss1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If eating meat is so ethical, healthy and environment friendly why even bother explaining that?
I will tell you why: BECAUSE IT'S NOT. But, we have a solution:
"If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth." Joseph Goebbels

There is no such thing as animal that was raised humanely for eating.

Try eating unprocessed plants only for 1 month and after that eat meat only for 1 month and tell me the difference after that.

If you are doing something wrong, making other people do the same thing doesn't make you less wrong.
Maybe you should listen something you would not like to hear, it could save your life one day.

EDIT: I will not answer replays nor explain myself. If you are seeking the truth, Google and open mind are your friends.

Last edited by mss1988,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ayntec.com/products/odin2-mini