Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, that's a logical riddle now.
I'm just a tad confused by your original statement

"Because he does lead down there, and he named himself as oposite to God "the one who is not".
Ignoring someone "who's not exist" seems easier than standing in objective truth, and this is bad."

I take it to mean

Satan leads to bad things, his name is the opposite of god's. God's name is "I am who I am" and so Satan's name is "I am who is not". Thus he tries to trick us he does not exist. And we as humans find it easier to ignore something that doesn't exist, than to accept reality and acknowledge Satan is real.

Is that right?

Reactions: plasturion

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yes, that's exactly what i meant, except besides he's real he's not the truth. (your statement was partialy contradictionary in case what we want to understand by truth)

Reactions: x65943

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand your sentiment, but from my perspective there is no evidence for satan or any of the other evil spirits talked about in ancient religions

You could explain evil and wickedness more easily through human nature (as developed through human evolution)

Because the explanation without Satan is simpler I think it falls in line with the principle of parsimony

And if god was real, I think his morality and actions are so questionable you would really be hard pressed to say he was more just than Satan (after all they made some bets on Job's life and killed off his family together)

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Really? Evil beings, hell concept are even in buddhism and hindu. Satan was probably fake like golden calf, but people belive in, because they wanted. (1 Kor 5,4-5) Pure evil never show true identy.

Yes human nature is complicated and weak, we've got instincts, conscious, soul. Some things takes adventages, but we are like that from very begining, more or less, or even worse (so i don't really see human evolution). Evil just use our weakness, but we are acting too. So yes, it's not all his fault.

Well it's just difficult to judge Old Testament without Jesus perspective.

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Evil beings, hell concept are even in buddhism and hindu. Satan was probably fake like golden calf, but people belive in, because they wanted. (1 Kor 5,4-5) Pure evil never show true identy.

Yes human nature is complicated and weak, we've got instincts, conscious, soul. Some things takes adventages, but we are like that from very begining, more or less, or even worse (so i don't really see human evolution). Evil just use our weakness, but we are acting too. So yes, it's not all his fault.

Well it's just difficult to judge Old Testament without Jesus perspective.
Those concepts are in multiple religions, but that doesn't make them right. There are also multiple religions with concepts of rain dances and sky dragons (and sacrificing humans) - but those aren't necessarily right either

I tend to believe we need evidence, and pretty solid evidence, for something like the existence of prime good or evil. And I think you can explain our actions not too dissimilarly from other animals
Wouldn't the opposite of "I am who I am"* be "I am who I am not"?

*God is Popeye the sailor
fair :P

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I tend to believe we need evidence, and pretty solid evidence, for something like the existence of prime good or evil. And I think you can explain our actions not too dissimilarly from other animals
I may have not evidence but observe things. But first teologiacly prime evil, do you mean origins of evil as power itself? Sure, this thing can't exist. We don't live in dualistic world. Prime evil wasn't created, but came in result of lack of good, so the sipmle unordered act deformed things that has a balance or order. Beings recived consequences of thier choices , because they didn't want to see good, that equals hate God and became seperated from the orgins of good. Some beings stayed like that from very long time and have influence on people (satan, lucifer or it's imposters). Let's observe today world, where canon of beauty is totally smashed to the one we known before. Stupid brutal games, ugly mtv products or horror movies are atractive and profitable? Retruning to pagans practice like tattooing (where ink is sacrificed to so called "dieties"), desire money and power as main goal. Genetic experiments and transhumanism ambitions etc. The world that seems totally crazy, Is powered by so called evolution?

Those concepts are in multiple religions, but that doesn't make them right. There are also multiple religions with concepts of rain dances and sky dragons (and sacrificing humans) - but those aren't necessarily right either

Sure those concepts may be wrong, but there's no evidence that are not partialy real, seems somehow logical to the facts you can generally choose and go one of two directions. For example to the one that is not image of real God, even if we all are somewhere between.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Satan is pretty based!

I absolve thee from thy sins in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit !

I absolve thee from thy sins in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit !

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Bruh, I am a Pagan demon.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
im Father Flame the seventh. aka FF7

your Felix from Final Fantasy Brave Exvius

i win yet again.
1661967086897.gif

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Supernatural taugth me Bible
Supernatural also taught me that God is the final boss, not Lucifer, Lucifer is only the final boss of the first act and a regular secondary antagonist from then until the end

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The Adversary, Destroyer of Kings, Angel of the Bottomless Pit, Great Beast that is called Dragon, Prince of This World, Father of Lies, Spawn of Satan, and Lord of Darkness.

I'm sure he's just misunderstood.

Wait a minute.

Waaaait a minute.

Devil.
D evil.
D. Evil.

:O

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat