Wii #0611 - The House of The Dead 2 and 3 Returns (USA)

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive been playing this and love it. Was excited when the Japanese one came out and before i had the chance to burn it, noticed the USA one out finally too.

Anyway, i never got the chance to fully appreciate these games and only randomly played them in arcades.

With regards to graphics, i feel 2 is great and 3 is much better, but both are good enough for me, no complaints.

They are both action packed, enemies coming from all over the place and i like how you can rescue people for extra lives, etc.

The gun noises coming from the wiimote add more realism im sure previous ports didnt have.

You can change the blood from Green to Red and change the crosshairs to a few different types and because i play this with a gun adaptor, i disable the crosshair, like true arcade style and its just excellent.

Im loving the Gun games on the Wii and the fact that anyone can play them without the need to buy guns, the most if you want is a £9 Gun adaptor to plug the wiimote into.

Its getting a bit lame around here, some users are saying stuff about releases without even trying them, like "blood is green" etc.

As someone said in the Japanese forum, Please Sega, more Gun games like this. Loving them!

Hopefully Namco get jealous and release their line of games too.

Totally fun!

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Deaths_Advocate said:
Whats the official reason for this nuke? this release does not seem scrubbed. Does it not work for some weird reason??

As alreadty stated, the prominent release (this one) is NOT nuked, there's a scrubbed release out by another group that claims to be a proper (when it isn't, as it's scrubbed). So this release should not be XXXX and in addition the nfo is the wrong one for this release, the one I copypasta is the correct nfo

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
I made a DVD Cover with the best stuff i could find, its not the best, but Sega Site has absolutely zero artwork. Im sure some people would use this until a better one comes along or someone scans the original!

Anyone got a Sega Superstar Tennis One?

Thanks

houseofthedead23dvdcoveik5.th.jpg

Link: HERE

matriculated

Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey so how does this work with the Wiimotes? Do you calibrate it so that you actually have to aim at the screen?

OT: Anyone remember Typing of the Dead? I loved how the game was exactly the same but the player characters had keyboards (and I think Dreamcasts) strapped to their chests.

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
Okay, so I played it for five minutes and I completely HATE it. Don't ask me why, I just found this game SHITER THAN SHITE!!!!!!

When you have played RE4, RE:Unbrella Chronicles and Ghost Squad this is just a sad dated piece of crap!
Wow, I thought all those games kinda sucked...

I really like this HotD, but I have one of those Nyko guns and really dont like it. The trigger makes my finger tired after only a few minutes of play.

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
Okay, so I played it for five minutes and I completely HATE it. Don't ask me why, I just found this game SHITER THAN SHITE!!!!!!

When you have played RE4, RE:Unbrella Chronicles and Ghost Squad this is just a sad dated piece of crap!

It can't be compared with RE4.
RE:UB and GS can however, and I don't think any of those 2 games can compete with this classic. Except that their graphics are better, but I go for gameplay. Why else would I want a wii.

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ben_r_ said:
I really like this HotD, but I have one of those Nyko guns and really dont like it. The trigger makes my finger tired after only a few minutes of play.

I think that's always been the case with lightgun games. Probably why they're so short. If you really want to tire yourself out though, play Oneechanbara with the dual swords out. It requires constant waving of both nunchuk and Wiimote to kill bajillions of zombies.

skroooagh

Trophies
XP
Country
matriculated said:
OT: Anyone remember Typing of the Dead? I loved how the game was exactly the same but the player characters had keyboards (and I think Dreamcasts) strapped to their chests.

There's a version of that coming out for DS in Japan called "English Of The Dead", where zombies yell at you in English and you have to translate what they say by writing it on the touch screen in Japanese (or vice versa, don't remember). Looks awesome.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Already played them on the Dreamcast and XBox, so I don't really need this...but I might still get this only to see how well it does with the IR calibration (I even downloaded Ghost Squad only for that reason
tongue.gif
)

It's about time Wii games offer a calibration, it should have been available in the Wii options menu right from the beginning...
The lack of a calibration feature was pretty much the first thing I noticed when I browsed the Wii menus for the first time...

klajess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
this night i dreamed i was join the us army,
i was in war, im wondering why i dream such a thing, i think i play tomouch war games outhere on wii .BIG LOL...
what kind of game ist it? a shooter?

D

Deleted User

klajess said:
this night i dreamed i was join the us army,
i was in war, im wondering why i dream such a thing, i think i play tomouch war games outhere on wii .BIG LOL...
what kind of game ist it? a shooter?
wow two minutes just before this post you made this one
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=791...t&p=1041801
if you really think sharing your dreams are so important maybe you could try a therapy...

On topic, does anyone feel the controls less responsive than the arcades ?

Daileon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
This release is not nuked, right? Nobody will fix the list? I've reported (according to the instructions on the release list) and so, but don't know if it will cause any effect...

=)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: off to make lunch. L8er guys :) [ham sammies]