Wii #1393 - Overlord: Dark Legend (Europe)

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
been playing it for like an hour. graphics are quite poor but it plays well so far. horrible choice of font in the game. i think they used Arial lol

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Europe is PAL, I guess this information in the nfo said PAL so that was how it was listed!
wink.gif

Raylene2K7

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
I liked the first one for Xbox360 and currently i'm playing Overlord II but i'll test the Wii game too

btw - for those who wonder which countries are "PAL" and which are "NTSC":

800px-NTSC-PAL-SECAM.svg.png

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Raylene2K7 said:
I liked the first one for Xbox360 and currently i'm playing Overlord II but i'll test the Wii game too

btw - for those who wonder which countries are "PAL" and which are "NTSC":

800px-NTSC-PAL-SECAM.svg.png

Brazilian TVs are PAL, but our video games come from North America, so they are NTSC. On the 8 and 16-bit days we needed a NTSC->PAL conversor, but now pretty much every TV can convert the signals automatically.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This plays so much better than the PC version but it seems a touch too easy. In fact I now dread playing Overlord II as I only want these controls!

I've noticed some downsides. The game world doesn't seem as big (but then that could be because I've only played it for half an hour) and it seems very easy (again I am only at the beginning). Due to limitations there isn't as much happening on the screen as the first game but for some that'll be a bonus. Also seems more linear.

The dialogue is some of the best for the Wii and is just as good as the previous game and also the story seems very well written (as much as what I've seen anyway). I recommend this for anyone looking for a good fantasy title for the Wii.

Of course this is an opinion from half an hours worth of play, it could get better or it could get worse but so far its very entertaining. If it wasn't for my kid getting in the way I'll still be playing this.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Social0 said:
been playing it for like an hour. graphics are quite poor but it plays well so far. horrible choice of font in the game. i think they used Arial lol
Really? I heard the graphics a are pretty nice. Especially the lighting. The game looks interesting but not worth a download. I'm gonna be too busy with the conduit.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
dinofan01 said:
Social0 said:
Really? I heard the graphics a are pretty nice. Especially the lighting. The game looks interesting but not worth a download. I'm gonna be too busy with the conduit.

No really, the graphics are still poor, even for Wii.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Social0 said:
dinofan01 said:
Social0 said:

No really, the graphics are still poor, even for Wii.
I haven't seen it, but often this is a deliberate choice developers make in order to keep the framerate top notch. I personally get very annoyed with choppy framerates. Especially in Pikmin-esque gameplay, where you keep rotating the camera, it just HAS to be smooth otherwise I can't be bothered.

So in a strange way the prospect of having to deal with mediocre graphics gives me hope that this game will be fun to play.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Graphics are better than most Wii games, the framerate dips every now and again, but terrible? Fuck no.

After more time I can say that I agree with most of the reviews that have come for this game. Its not exactly A+ because there are some glitches here and there and its more simplified than the first & second Overlord games.

You can tell that Climax wanted to make a A+ game, and they nearly got there but you can also clearly tell that the game was rushed out so it'll be released alongside Overlord II. I still hope it sells well as there isn't much else on the Wii like this game and its still a very good game. A follow up can easily surpass this, iron out some glitches.

After a few hours I'll give it 7.5/10, without the glitches it could get a 8.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.