Wii #2712 - Kirby's Return to Dreamland (USA)

mariosonic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well,I beat it.And I gotta say,it's awesome.

Also: Anyone else notice that the first letter of each level spells out to be "Crowned"?

Oh yeah,and the theme of Arena mode is the song used in the beta Kirby Gamecube video.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was able to play it with usb loader gx without any problems, and i didnt have to change a thing. This kirby game is WAY above my expectations! Thank you nintendo!

up to 7-3 so far with no issues and i doubt there will be any.

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
just released

Kirbys_Return_to_Dream_Land_USA_REPACK_Wii-ViMTO

PROOF.........: INCLUDED
REPACK........: 100mb rars used for dvd5 :(

This confirms that the original release was a good copy. It just got nuked because of the scene rules on compression. Those having problems should just use ios56 d2x on slot 249.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just released

Kirbys_Return_to_Dream_Land_USA_REPACK_Wii-ViMTO

PROOF.........: INCLUDED
REPACK........: 100mb rars used for dvd5 :(

This confirms that the original release was a good copy. It just got nuked because of the scene rules on compression. Those having problems should just use ios56 d2x on slot 249.

d2x does not work for me for some reason :(. With my hdd it just locks up when trying to launch a game using it on cfg usb loader. Only hermes cios have ever worked with this drive (iomega prestiege portable 250GB), even though it was on the hdd compatibility list that I checked before trying it. Not sure what 222 does differently to make it work. If the sub games works with it though, I'll have to take it to the d2x thread, see if I can get it going.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1.Wii language must be set to english by German Wii's.
2.Game Setting: Language set to " Console default"
Apparently that was the reason the game froze on me when using normal USB Loaders.
In Sneek I had to change the System language as there are no Language override option in the normal Disc Channel, that's why it was working there.
Apparently the current method loaders use to force a language doesn't work with this game.

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you installed a Cios on Snnek/Nand?i have only installed Cios 249rev14 for Save manager.
What do you mean with "no language ovveride Option?Can you say in German please?
I cant work this Game from Uneek.Now it works with CFGv70.Is ok.Ninja dojo and other Challenges work s without Problems.

Can you play Tin Tin(Tim und Struppi)from Sneek/Uneek?

kronolynx

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
it didn't work for me either then i did what they said in the guide

http://gbatemp.net/topic/277659-ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix/

also updated usb loader gx to latest version and now is working great :)
the only problem i got is that i couldn't get the latest usb loader in to a channel i get a black screen , even though works from the homebrew channel.

T

TheRealVisitor

Confirmed:
Working fine on PAL (German) Wii with CFG v70 and 249d2x6[56] with default loader settings after Wii system language is set to English!

Setting to English in loader settings only causes freeze after intro.

banchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not.
Using 4.2 Jap Wii. with D2X cIOS. Try to change language in loader but can not pass freeze after intro.
Try Wiiflow and CFG loader, same results.
Can not understand why it does not work >_<

Do I need to be in 4.3 to run this game ?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yet again, another NA cover where kirby looks angry while he looks happy on the J cover.

i'm also just going to assume that it works flawlessly in UNEEK+DI

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
1.Wii language must be set to english by German Wii's.
2.Game Setting: Language set to " Console default"
Apparently that was the reason the game froze on me when using normal USB Loaders.
In Sneek I had to change the System language as there are no Language override option in the normal Disc Channel, that's why it was working there.
Apparently the current method loaders use to force a language doesn't work with this game.

All right, it's confirmed. This game has issues with forced language settings. The reason why most users could play it from the beggining was because of their language set to english by default. I burned the ViMTO nuked release (from monday at night...) and yesterday I did no matter what, CIOS D2X @ base 56 on several loaders causing the known "freeze past the title screen", hermes cios, waninkokos cios, etc.. So I decided to delete the "bad" rip from my hdd, then re-download from another source, but before that I burned the iso onto a DVD just in case.

Ok, today I got the same game labeled as "ws_krtd_ntsc.rar", then again, tested on cios d2x, hermes, waninkoko, uloader, cfg, neogamma.. with the SAME problem described before.. but how? The users from the same place where I got it were reporting the game working flawlessly...

I swear... I just changed my language from Spanish to English in Wii settings > then in any loader set the language to console default. And now I'm in the 3rd stage of the game without ANY freeze, on NEOGAMMA, using the d2x cios (base 56). Oh and the game burned was the nuked release from monday early morning... ¬¬

Hope this can help a lot of users which can't get the damn game to work...

banchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK, I see, I'm unlucky. I have a Japanese Wii and it's not possible to change language settings because there is only JAPANESE. It sucks >_<
So maybe, if I found a Japanese release of this game, it should be work, no ?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I see, I'm unlucky. I have a Japanese Wii and it's not possible to change language settings because there is only JAPANESE. It sucks >_<
So maybe, if I found a Japanese release of this game, it should be work, no ?

Like this?

Mind you, it has no English language option but a Japanese version is out and about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: would you rather have unlimited bacon but no games, or games, unlimited games, but no more games?