Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
WB3000 said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Then at least you'd know it's real.

So would Nintendo. It would give them a headstart at patching it before it even is finished.
what im going to say about that is, nintendo will be trying to workout what the hell is happening, this is way over there head.

lol, no offence to you but i highly doubt it will be over thier heads. You think one small group of people can outsmart the technical guys who made the console and know excatly what everything does would not pick up on the bug.

Btw i dont think you answered earlier, is this all your work or someone elses?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
B-Blue said:
linkinworm said:
B-Blue said:
"We're sorry, this video is no longer available."
frown.gif

umm not sure, works for me still :S

Is this the correct link?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIzB8_F339g
yes

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if it is real, then kudos! i was dormant for 2 months, and "wake me up when september ends" happened, and I find a semi-real backup loader! good job linkinworm! my wanna let qj.net now
wink.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
jaxxster said:
linkinworm said:
WB3000 said:
Arm the Homeless said:

So would Nintendo. It would give them a headstart at patching it before it even is finished.
what im going to say about that is, nintendo will be trying to workout what the hell is happening, this is way over there head.

lol, no offence to you but i highly doubt it will be over thier heads. You think one small group of people can outsmart the technical guys who made the console and know excatly what everything does would not pick up on the bug.

Btw i dont think you answered earlier, is this all your work or someone elses?
took them 3 month to make a 6 hour patch :S, and this doesnt even use nintendos code, well for the most part. so how can they patch what they dont have?

sorry forgot to add, many people helped make this

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
took them 3 month to make a 6 hour patch :S, and this doesnt even use nintendos code, well for the most part. so how can they patch what they dont have?

Why the heck would they need nintendo's code? It's two different things, patching and writing code. The main part is the apploader part... so they didn't even used the tweezers/gc teams open source dol loading codes as well? I doubt that...

To patch things you don't necessarily need to have the thing... Do backup loader have all the game isos? Even homebrew channel can shut down the backup loader easily just by checking the IOS version and IOS content it uses. And I'm sure this can be made in a few hours of time by tweeers. Why the heck nintendo can't?

Even before release
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
so, since you made it, can you explain how this teknically work ? do you patch each dvd read function call in the game ?

ps: you are very naive if you think nintendo will be perturbed by this, btw, it took them months to release a fixed system menu but the fix was done in IOS a few weeks only after the start of all of this ;-)

bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
its like the TP hack, it came out when it was ready, half arsed apps are no good, beta apps are not good for the public either.

smile.gif
Now you know how it feels!

QUOTE(Arm the Homeless @ Sep 13 2008, 12:09 AM) I'd prefer if they were to release a beta version or even a PoC which only plays 5 minutes of a backup like the Homebrew Channel first beta.

People hated us for that. They screamed bloody murder over it, and then hacked the limit out of it and distributed it.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
linkinworm said:

Why the heck would they need nintendo's code? It's two different things, patching and writing code. The main part is the apploader part... so they didn't even used the tweezers/gc teams open source dol loading codes as well? I doubt that...

To patch things you don't necessarily need to have the thing... Do backup loader have all the game isos? Even homebrew channel can shut down the backup loader easily just by checking the IOS version and IOS content it uses. And I'm sure this can be made in a few hours of time by tweeers. Why the heck nintendo can't?

Even before release
smile.gif
theres a lot of custom stuff in the app. and i mean ALOT. twiizers can probs make one, maybe easier than this, and im confused to your 1st comment, im saying that as this doesnt use alot of nintendos code and waht not, how can they make a patch as they cant test the app, to see whats going on? its like trying to find a pin in the dark

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
theres a lot of custom stuff in the app. and i mean ALOT. twiizers can probs make one, maybe easier than this, and im confused to your 1st comment, im saying that as this doesnt use alot of nintendos code and waht not, how can they make a patch as they cant test the app, to see whats going on? its like trying to find a pin in the dark

They know the signatures of every ios they released, so it should not be hard to throw the non-nintendo ones out right? They don't even need to see what custom thing is released.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
linkinworm said:

They know the signatures of every ios they released, so it should not be hard to throw the non-nintendo ones out right? They don't even need to see what custom thing is released.
well when there day comes for a patch this will be patched aswell, who knows maybe well be able to make an app to boot higher IOS disks. as to not need to update

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
bushing said:
Arm the Homeless said:
I'd prefer if they were to release a beta version or even a PoC which only plays 5 minutes of a backup like the Homebrew Channel first beta.

People hated us for that. They screamed bloody murder over it, and then hacked the limit out of it and distributed it.
This bushing is right. People are going to flip shits if you release anything less than a RC.

Just make whatever you're happy with at your own pace. Though I don't think you need to be told that, linkinworm.
tongue.gif
I like where this is going.

truballr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wassup linkinworm,
haven't been here in a while
i see you're still helping the community huh
well keep up the good work

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I really want to believe this, and at first I did. Until you said that it was an NTSC copy of Wii Chess. Sad thing is, Wii Chess has only been released in Europe (PAL). If you can prove what you are saying (or show why the slip-up was made) I will trust you again, but these are the minor slip-ups that lead to the conclusion that it is fake.

I made a good few hoaxes a few years back in the GP2X communities... One forum I posted it on were congratulating me for my "coding ability" while another one discovered it was a hoax about a month after I posted the first "screenshots" because the glare on the screen didn't match the rest of the picture just right. Little cracks make big buildings crash down.

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say take your time. Make it as perfect as possible. I guess I'm a patient person since I did wait for homebrew channel's official release. (I was afraid the hacked channel would brick my wii). If it takes the Wii's whole lifespan to come out at least we have something to play classics on in the future with no hassle. I honestly wish you the best with your great undertaking. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH