Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all....
a ton of kudos to you linkinworm...
and it does look like it is real but i have one question.

1)How did u get a ntsc copie of chess?

and

by the way out of curiososity what does it say when u zoom to the pc screen...
oh and nice backup loader icon on the photo channel

hehehe

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
famousginni said:
First of all....
a ton of kudos to you linkinworm...
and it does look like it is real but i have one question.

1)How did u get a ntsc copie of chess?

and

by the way out of curiososity what does it say when u zoom to the pc screen...
oh and nice backup loader icon on the photo channel

hehehe
I think thats a PAL copy.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1. I pointed that out on the page before that it was supposedly NTSC
Praetor192 said:
I really want to believe this, and at first I did. Until you said that it was an NTSC copy of Wii Chess. Sad thing is, Wii Chess has only been released in Europe (PAL). If you can prove what you are saying (or show why the slip-up was made) I will trust you again, but these are the minor slip-ups that lead to the conclusion that it is fake.

I made a good few hoaxes a few years back in the GP2X communities... One forum I posted it on were congratulating me for my "coding ability" while another one discovered it was a hoax about a month after I posted the first "screenshots" because the glare on the screen didn't match the rest of the picture just right. Little cracks make big buildings crash down.

2. In the video he says it is NTSC and that is why it refreshes, yet an NTSC copy does not exist.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a USBGecko? Seems like you are... but not sure... just watched the sound video...

I don't wanna be a pain, but just wanna get the info before people start making assumptions...

can you answer these questions?

1) will you need to load the apploader every time (pre-homebrew channel TP hack)?
2) will you need a USBGecko, or will homebrew channel work?
3) Can this be make into a channel, and run right from the WiiMenu?

Since you've already said you need to modify the ISO, that won't be asked.

These are the questions people will want answered the most, but if you can't answer it now, that's fine... just say so.

I really hope I don't sound like I'm being bossy, but this will help people out and get them to stop asking so much...

thanks linkinworm!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Praetor192 said:
Praetor192 said:
I really want to believe this, and at first I did. Until you said that it was an NTSC copy of Wii Chess. Sad thing is, Wii Chess has only been released in Europe (PAL). If you can prove what you are saying (or show why the slip-up was made) I will trust you again, but these are the minor slip-ups that lead to the conclusion that it is fake.

I made a good few hoaxes a few years back in the GP2X communities... One forum I posted it on were congratulating me for my "coding ability" while another one discovered it was a hoax about a month after I posted the first "screenshots" because the glare on the screen didn't match the rest of the picture just right. Little cracks make big buildings crash down.

2. In the video he says it is NTSC and that is why it refreshes, yet an NTSC copy does not exist.

Isn't there a way to make PAL games NTSC? Kinda like FreeTheWads, but FreeTheWiis?? I thought there was...

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dreams are coming true...All this time seeing people with Wiikeys etc, I felt left out. But after ordering a Wiikey myself, Installation went bad, but it didn't mess up my system at all. But now I can finally look forward to not having a modded Wii after all, since this application has been made. Can't wait a release, Linkinworm, I love you o.o

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Praetor192 said:
Praetor192 said:

sorry i thought it was NTSC because it looks kinda werid on screen, o well, it works so you know

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
Are you using a USBGecko? Seems like you are... but not sure... just watched the sound video...

I don't wanna be a pain, but just wanna get the info before people start making assumptions...

can you answer these questions?

1) will you need to load the apploader every time (pre-homebrew channel TP hack)?
2) will you need a USBGecko, or will homebrew channel work?
3) Can this be make into a channel, and run right from the WiiMenu?

Since you've already said you need to modify the ISO, that won't be asked.

These are the questions people will want answered the most, but if you can't answer it now, that's fine... just say so.

I really hope I don't sound like I'm being bossy, but this will help people out and get them to stop asking so much...

thanks linkinworm!
yes you will
homebrew channel needed(or your method of loading)
it may be able to, sometimes makeing things into a channel messed them up.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
You people... can't you get it? He's just a poor betatester... nothing more nothing less...
waninkoko said i can say HE made this now
tongue.gif
he was all shy n stuff before, and im a poor betatester with the backuploader
tongue.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
considering previous post I've read from him, I seriously doubt Linkinworm has anything to do with the coding of such app ;()
much probably he is a beta-tester and (again) could not resist showing people what he get in advance (hehe, being put in the lights is good
rolleyes.gif
)

anyway, could you at least provide technical informations how it works ? with the new DI libarry that came out, we knew something like that was posible but will took some much work, could you explain this , this is really what interests me much

edit: lol, masks have fallen, what a surpriiiiiiiise
rolleyes.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
considering previous post I've read from him, I seriously doubt Linkinworm has anything to do with the coding of such app ;()
much probably he is a beta-tester and (again) could not resist showing people what he get in advance (hehe, being put in the lights is good
rolleyes.gif
)

anyway, could you at least provide technical informations how it works ? with the new DI libarry that came out, we knew something like that was posible but will took some much work, could you explain this , this is really what interests me much

edit: lol, masks have fallen, what a surpriiiiiiiise
rolleyes.gif
well i made the vid with wanin in mind 1st time, but he didnt want me to put his name on the vid for some reason. if he didnt like it i would have taken it down. and i cant say how it was made, because well someone else could make this and then release it before wanin,i didnt upload this with fame in mind, as i didnt even post it on any forum as soon as it was uploaded. i only know some bits anyway of how it works. there are many factors that went into this. not just some DI commands

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
linkinworm said:
and i cant say how it was made, because well someone else could make this and then release it before wanin

lol, is this really important ? I think all people smart enough to code it already know how to do it, it's just a matter of coding and overpassing some difficulties, which I don't really need to know

all I want to know is the concept, does it work little like as emukiddid's loader, that means, intercepting DVD reads and patching them to use another layer (in that case, DI functions) ? or is the IOS patched somehow to modify the original DVD read functions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm kind of phasing out on the need for wanting all these consoles cool to have but they just become dust build ups
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    does anyone know if you can run android apps on a usb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    no, i mean if i could store the app on the usb so it doesnt take up my storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do you ask?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    wtfff why are y'al shitting on me and super negative
    T @ Texasauras: wtfff why are y'al shitting on me and super negative