Hacking Wii Cheat Thread

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just a cheat archive for Ocarina and WiiRD. It will be updated whenever there are new cheats out. There aren't alot of cheats out yet so its kind of small but be patient and hopefully more will be released. These codes were not made by me. Have any problems with the .txt files, just ask here.

Downloads
Material
Code Manager (Mirror 1) (Mirror 2)
Ocarina (Mirror 1) (Mirror 2)

Updates:
Update - 8/17/08
(Mirror 1) (Mirror 2)

I'd like to say thanks to:

People who made the codes
Nuke
Link00y
USB Gecko Codes
Kodewerx
GSCentral

To figure out how to use, read the post below this one by zidane_genome.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In depth usage guide:

This program will allow you to use cheat codes on your Wii games.

What you need:

Ocarina (downloads above)
1 SD card
Homebrew Channel installed (there are 8,429 threads on how to install it, use the search button!)
The game you want to cheat in. (This will not load backup discs without a ModChip (Drive Chip)... if you don't have a drive chip, you cannot use a burnt game!)
1 PC (laptop or desktop) running Windows or Linux with Wine.

How to cheat.

First, download the files above. Then extract them with your favorite extractor (if you don't have one, get WinRAR). Open program codemgr (skull icon). Now you'll have to open the codes you want. They are all named with the 4 letter game code, so do a search online (google!) for your games code, or just randomly open them up to see. Select the codes you want (by placing a check mark in the box next to it). When your done selecting codes for that game, at the VERY VERY BOTTOM, there is a LONG button named "Export to GCT". With your SD card connected to your PC, press this button, and select the SD cards drive letter from the drop down menu. Press STORE, not Store to File. When you've finished for all your games, take your SD card and put it in your Wii, boot up the HomeBrew Channel, launch Ocarina, pop in your game disc, and cheat away!

Frequently Asked Questions;

Q : When will codes for xxxxxxxx be out?
A : When ever you make them, or someone finds time to make them. When datel makes cheat codes, they have hundreds of people working on it at once, with almost unlimited financial resources. Right now, the only people that are working on Ocarina are regular people like you and me.

Q : Can I play my backed up or copied game with this?
A : NO!!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! STOP ASKING!!! look at my avatar!!

Q : The game xxxxxxxx crashes when I try to play it! WTF! FIX IT!!
A : You've either selected too many codes, or have a bad code selected. Try the game with fewer codes enabled, and if it's still crashing, you'll have to try each code separately.

Q : Can I turn on and off codes from my Wii?
A : No, not yet. You can only select the codes on your PC. There is no "On the fly" code selections yet. This is still very new, so it's not like a GameShark yet.

Q : Where's the online codes for Mario Kart and Brawl?
A : You can't cheat online yet, if ever. Cheating online means sending the cheat codes along with all the other data. When that happens, Nintendo's online servers drop your connection. Basically, you'll never get an opponent. Plus, online cheaters suck!

Q : How do I use Gamecube cheats?
A : Not yet... this will be implemented at a later date. For now, just use an Action Reply Gamecube.

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot! Now time to play around with Zelda! Buahah
grog.gif

Oath

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkinworm said:
jundeezy said:
Thanks a lot! Now time to play around with Zelda! Buahah
grog.gif
i like that sig, i havent watched death note for ages, the last thing i watched was the live action movie

Finish the anime. Its quite possibly the best Ive ever watched.

On subject: Wootness. Im tryin those TP codes out ASAP

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's times like this I wish I had a USB Gecko.

Too bad there isn't a Wii memory editor that will run on software only.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
Lacius said:
teq said:
It's times like this I wish I had a USB Gecko.

Too bad there isn't a Wii memory editor that will run on software only.
There is. Use the Ocarina homebrew application.

I think he means finding cheats. I believe you can only find them with WiiRD with USB Gecko.

Precisely what I meant. Give me a little more credit than that, Lacius.

If this tool had an interface from within the game where you could search for cheats, it would be perfect.

@samsam: That's a pretty sparse list.

You would think they'd have cheats for every game already...

Krono89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
If this tool had an interface from within the game where you could search for cheats, it would be perfect.

Similar to what cwcheat does for the PSP? I find cwcheat's in-game code finding unwieldy, but maybe something could be worked out in a later release of this Ocarina thing to have an in game cheat search function along with keyboard support for easy editing?

I'm sure something could be worked in similar to what the Home button does, but with an in-game cheat menu.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
To bad this app doesnt work right online [yet]. It would be fun just to crush people unfairly
rofl2.gif

Well, online cheating is less of a memory restraint and more about packets the server is recieving.

Modifying the memory gives you access to things that are available locally, such as time trial records and the gold wheel in Mario Kart.

In Guitar Hero, I would assume things like infinite star power and difficulty changes would be possible, allowing you to put your scores at the top of the leaderboard very easily.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small Update

-------------------------------
Update: 6/29/08
-------------------------------
New Games Added:
Dairantou Smash Brothers X (JP)
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (US)

-----
New Codes Added:
None
------------------------------

I added 2 mirrors, one for RapidShare and another for MediaFire. Also, if you know anyplaces other then USBGecko or GSCentral where I can get Wii Codes, please tell me.

Expect a big update for Japanese games and a few updates for PAL and US games tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1