Hardware Wii doesn't display when turned on

CrazyDean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on USB Loader GX today. After getting a star, the screen went black to take me to the overworld, but it never displayed: no audio/video. I turned the console off. Now, the Wii won't display at all. It will turn on, even with the Wiimote, but there is no audio/video and the Wiimote just flashes (won't connect). However, the green power light and blue drive light come on. Also, I can hear the drive move when it's turned on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Currently, I am using an aftermarket component cable. I also tried to original composite cable, but it doesn't work either.

Model is RVL-001: NTSC-U

CrazyDean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so it seems to be bricked. I tried replacing the wifi and bluetooth components and it still doesn't work. I have another Wii that is stock, but no gamecube ports. It looks like the ports and drive can just be swapped right out with a bit of soldering for the GC ports and memory card slots. There's a hack done by deadlyfoez on hackaday, but I'm not sure about which surface mount components need to be swapped. Also, if I use USB loader, is there any other software hack that needs to be done to get this to work?

Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated.

sallad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like you need to get back into Priiloader then Boot into Bootmii. Do you still have a copy of your NAND back up? I don't think I would try to change parts for parts.

Have you tried to see if you can get into Recovery Mode?

I am not an expert but I have been doing lots to try and get my second Wii that I got for free working.

sallad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was offered a Wii for $9 no wires just console. Is that a crap deal?

Sure if you don't mind getting the cables and sensor bar. You can get them off Amazon for relatively cheap. Whats crazy is finding 2GB SD Cards for a cheap price.

The Wii I received came from a bidding site on FB for my area. It was a bucket full of electronics and wires etc. I got a working Playstation 2 out of it that I am planning on modding.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure if you don't mind getting the cables and sensor bar. You can get them off Amazon for relatively cheap. Whats crazy is finding 2GB SD Cards for a cheap price.

The Wii I received came from a bidding site on FB for my area. It was a bucket full of electronics and wires etc. I got a working Playstation 2 out of it that I am planning on modding.
Thanks, I was kinda wanting to get it and it had that 2gb white sd card in there but the thing was missing a face plate and looked banged up. I guess its not a bad price unless its a dud but I'll just have to wait and see.

CrazyDean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you need to get back into Priiloader then Boot into Bootmii. Do you still have a copy of your NAND back up? I don't think I would try to change parts for parts.

Have you tried to see if you can get into Recovery Mode?

I am not an expert but I have been doing lots to try and get my second Wii that I got for free working.

I don't have priiloader and Bootmii is IOS instead of boot2. I bought the Wii hacked already because I didn't want to fool with it, ha. Now, here I am.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again