Hacking Wii freezes trying to install Hermes cIOS 202

DGenerateKane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what is wrong. I've tried choosing 249 and 36. I've tried 202 with 38 merged with 60. Just 38. I've tried v5 with 38. Every time I select any option it freezes. Doing a search all I found was that it will freeze if there is no net connection, but bot a Wii internet settings test and the icon in HBC being activated suggests I do in fact have a wireless connection. I tried copying the files again. I tried a both an SDHC and an SD card. I even tried an SD card that just was used on another wii to install 202. What else is there to try?

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DGenerateKane said:
I don't know what is wrong. I've tried choosing 249 and 36. I've tried 202 with 38 merged with 60. Just 38. I've tried v5 with 38. Every time I select any option it freezes. Doing a search all I found was that it will freeze if there is no net connection, but bot a Wii internet settings test and the icon in HBC being activated suggests I do in fact have a wireless connection. I tried copying the files again. I tried a both an SDHC and an SD card. I even tried an SD card that just was used on another wii to install 202. What else is there to try?
Did you make sure you deleted the stubs?
You can do so with Any Title Delete or Dop-Mii.

Delete, IOS 202,222,223, and 224

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
What version cIOS do you have? You've got one installed because you can atleast select IOS249. It's likely your IOS38 isn't trucha signed.

Maybe install cIOS38 rev17 (or rev14) then install Hermes cIOSes.

If you're on cIOSx 18/19 it may habe problems installing??

DGenerateKane

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
if you have a gamecube memory card or a usb gecko take it out.
Gah! I forgot about that! Thanks! I've always wondered why that warning was always posted with instructions for installing Hermes cios's. Now I know.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same thing happened to me when I upgraded to Hermes v5. It's fine if something's in slot A, but having anything in slot B screws things up like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments