Hacking [Wii] Gamecube backup problem

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I've been messing around with loading this specific Gamecube backup:
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (JAP)

Scene release NFO:
http://pastie.org/1398957

It loads fine with SD-Boot (Using SD Gecko with 8GB Sandisk Class 2)
SD test 400mb h2testw_1.4:
Writing speed: 10.2 MByte/s
Reading speed: 17.8 MByte/s
It's a bit slow loading video's in the menu..
(I did load it with GCLoad, else the program wouldn't work.)

It also runs fine with USB-Boot (Using USB Gecko on a Red USB port(?))
Ok, a bit slow at some parts, but that's because USB-Boot is at early stage I believe, or I'm using a old version
(I did load it with GCLoad, else the program wouldn't work.)

Now, the problem is:
As soon I try to load Tetra's Trackers / Navi Trackers I get nothing but a black screen.
I have my GBA connected with the Wii by the way.
So yea... it might be because of the loaders early stages, so I have tried burning a DVD. (before messing with the MIOS to load GC brew)
(And yes, this happened in SD-Boot and USB-Boot.)

I tried burning it on a DVD+R Recprdable 16x 4.7GB Memorex with 1x Speed using IMGburn. (In .GCM extension, didn't change it to .ISO)
It did boot up, but showed a yellow text in Japanese which probably said that it couldn't read the disk, read the manual etc.
So it didn't even start at all really. heh
I have a WiiKey v1 using the latest stable version, but didn't update to the 1.99Beta.

I hope I did include enough information.
Hopefully it's just a stupid small step I did do wrong while burning for example.

Thanks in advance!
Merry Christmas
yaywii.gif

Adr990

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If it's a single game disc, then you can try NeoGamma with its internal GC mode. You need to have a compatible cMIOS installed though.

But that throws the same error, i think a priiloader patch might help maybe not. Last resort should be changing the wii's region. But only do that if you know what you are doing, this can easliy brick your Wii.

I don't know how to increase compatiblity with japanese GC games, so if NeoGamma doesn't work, i don't think i could help further.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ Hielkenator
Is Tetra Trackers (Navi's Trackers) ever released outside Japan? 0_o
I don't mean Four Swords the game it self, but the extra game that came with the Japanese edition.

@WiiPower
Thanks. I've tried the External mode in Neogamma but so far didn't work. Probably because I am using the wrong cMIOS now.
Which cMIOS do you suggest? (I have a Modchip, although I doubt it does effect it to much.)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Adr990 said:
@ Hielkenator
I don't mean Four Swords the game it self, but the extra game that came with the Japanese edition.

@WiiPower
Thanks. I've tried the External mode in Neogamma but so far didn't work. Probably because I am using the wrong cMIOS now.
Which cMIOS do you suggest? (I have a Modchip, although I doubt it does effect it to much.)

The one from here:
http://gbatemp.net/t219243-neogamma-r9-beta-test

And use GC mode internal. Since you have a modchip it will work for you as if the games would be retail discs, meaning:
- No multi game discs possible
- If your chip has trouble with audio streaming, NeoGamma won't do anything about it(even if it could just "disable" it and let the games to be played without it)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Adr990 said:
@ Hielkenator

@WiiPower

Sorry, I was'nt aware you were playing the game for that extra feature...
As for as tetra's trackers go, you are right , It's never realeased outside of Japan..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My friends decide what I do with my cock +1