OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, my mom went to the USA this weekend and she said she might buy my family a wii while shes there, but I was wondering if there was going to be any problems with an American Wii.
I live in Canada, so I'm pretty sure that Games I buy here will still play on an American wii, but I wanted to make sure. So, can any one tell me?
Also, will Wii Shop Channel be affected in any way?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything should work fine.

It's not like you bought it from Europe, or Japan.

Wii Shop Channel will work 100%, all games will work 100%, everything will work 100%
tongue.gif

ChiefHit'emB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard tale that people in different countries have issues with American Wiis when it come to buying more Wii points with a credit card because the card is from a different country other than the US. I don't know if this issue happens in Canada, seeing as we are neighboring countries, but you never know... Just to be safe, I'd tell your mom to wait and buy it in Canada, eh... but then, it's like Brian117 said, "It's not like you bought it from Europe or Japan..." So in respect to that, I suppose it couldn't hurt too bad if you couldn't buy WiiPoints with a credit card via the Wii itself seeing as you can use Ebay, or whatnots-and-have-yers, to get points that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P