Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If you really want your GC/Wii games too look good in HD then you need a good computer + Dolphin, that way you can actually alter the resolution games are rendered in.

o2oxygen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Goli said:
If you really want your GC/Wii games too look good in HD then you need a good computer + Dolphin, that way you can actually alter the resolution games are rendered in.

lame answer... i want GC or Wii not a PC

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
In my experience, there isn't that great of a difference between the 480i of composite cables and the 480p of component cables on my HDTV. Since the Wii's hardware limits the game's looks, switching from interlaced to progressive will make a minimal improvement in graphical quality. Yes, there is a difference, but is it worth it? Probably not, unless you have a component cable slot lying vacant. I'd just use it for the component cables of an Xbox 360 (or do they all come with HDMI now?) instead.

Oby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brandonspikes said:
jet™ said:
brandonspikes said:
My Wii looks like garbage on my 1080p 42 inch with RCA cables @480i, I hear getting the component *BLUE RED GREEN" helps a lot on HDTV's but I've yet to buy them.
I get better results on my old 27 inch Big POS 480i samsung.

Do not get an HDTV for the WII/GC, Get it for HD TV and HD gaming.
Will this work with the sound? I'm thinking of getting that HD shit and the optical-out

If you plug the audio wires into that things (RED/WHITE) input, you should be able to use headphones, or a speaker system, yes, As long as the usb is connected to a pc, altho I would call them up to double check.

Ofcourse it looks like crap, you arent using the component cables. I got the official component and my Wii looks really good at 480p.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
jet™ said:
brandonspikes said:
My Wii looks like garbage on my 1080p 42 inch with RCA cables @480i, I hear getting the component *BLUE RED GREEN" helps a lot on HDTV's but I've yet to buy them.
I get better results on my old 27 inch Big POS 480i samsung.

Do not get an HDTV for the WII/GC, Get it for HD TV and HD gaming.
Will this work with the sound? I'm thinking of getting that HD shit and the optical-out
don't touch that shit
laugh.gif

this is what you want their like $10 on ebay make sure thy look exactly like this and do not buy from hong kong
303323073_o.jpg

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the cable pictured above. They sucked. Poor quality build. I picked up monster brand version for 8 dollars more at Fry's. MUCH BETTER.

EDIT Here is the ones I got at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/8-Component-v-Cable-Wii/dp/B0017NTNPC

These are much sturdier and worth the investment. You will see a difference, though not a huge one, with these as opposed to stock ones.

Worked for me.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Coto said:
When you use component cables on those newer P/LCDS, this game improves his polygon definition a lot, it seems beautiful, better "drawn". Obviously, it´s not HD, BUT it really does a fantastic improvement.

Don't forget to change the setting in your wii to match the tv's input. ( edtv/hdtv 720x480 p )

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CarbonX13 said:
In my experience, there isn't that great of a difference between the 480i of composite cables and the 480p of component cables on my HDTV. Since the Wii's hardware limits the game's looks, switching from interlaced to progressive will make a minimal improvement in graphical quality. Yes, there is a difference, but is it worth it? Probably not, unless you have a component cable slot lying vacant. I'd just use it for the component cables of an Xbox 360 (or do they all come with HDMI now?) instead.

Dude, te image is Changed DRASTICTLY with component instead of composite.
Change the settings in you wii.
The way the colors are processed make the screen A LOT more defined.
Incomposite the colors are blended, like the old analog signals.

The upgrade from composite to component is about the same difference than changeing from analog cable to digital tv.
On a lcd /plasma tv it matters, also it's the only way to let the Wii display in progressive scan( the sreen isn't build up with lines, but every frame is displayed at once. Resulting in a clearer picture without artifacts.).
Allthough this is only available to games wich support edtv/hdtv 480p ( look on the back of the Wii gamebox cover)

o2oxygen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
do you guys can recommend some HD TV Brands? about 19"-22"

here in the philippines we got...

Sony, Samsung, TCL, ChangHong (made in china), DeVant,

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
o2oxygen said:

I'm really fond of Samsung and Phillips.
Sony makes nice tv too but is probably i bit more pricey.
You can get a very good tv for less than sony's

Make sure the TV has Component in.

D

Deleted User

Hielkenator said:
o2oxygen said:

I'm really fond of Samsung and Phillips.
Sony makes nice tv too but is probably i bit more pricey.
You can get a very good tv for less than sony's

Make sure the TV has Component in.
Samsung make the best LCD
Second comes Sony

o2oxygen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
but is samsung a cheap one? i only have a Wii not Xbox & not PS3 so i may not use the HD feature to its full extent... maybe i can use it when i play some DVD with a DVD HDMi Player

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
mikefor20 said:
I tried the cable pictured above. They sucked. Poor quality build. I picked up monster brand version for 8 dollars more at Fry's. MUCH BETTER.

EDIT Here is the ones I got at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/8-Component-v-Cable-Wii/dp/B0017NTNPC

These are much sturdier and worth the investment. You will see a difference, though not a huge one, with these as opposed to stock ones.

Worked for me.
must be your tv than i've never had a problem with mine even on a shitty LG brand.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
o2oxygen said:
is LG a shitty Brand? i find it good... im not sure
i would say it's main flaw is it's atrocious image burn problems soon as i can afford it i'm upgrading to a 65" panasonic I'm never touching LG again.

o2oxygen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so i would get Samsung or Sony or Panassonic? how about DeVant? you know that product? i think its from singapore

Sheikonh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
o2oxygen said:
@brandonspikes

what do you mean garbage? does the graphics have some spikes? like little pixels?

@Bladexdsl

sorry but is plasma different from LCD or LED?

and BTW im not planning to buy huge HD LCD TV... i will just buy maybe 19"-24" LCD TV... will that be a help to reduce the crappy images? i also have a Component cable on my Wii but not on GC

If that's the case, I have a 19" Samsung FULL HD TV with component cable. It looks fantastic! ^^ I recommend you to buy the component cable and a little Full HD TV. You will enjoy it.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if your thinking about keeping your gc and not playing the games on the wii your nuts. i was playing paper mario TTYD today on mine with component cables and it looks stunning. sell the GC on ebay

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes sell Cube, keep controllers or fin a pair of Wavebirds.
Enjoy FAR BETTER picture Quality.

See previous posts...why.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.