Hacking Wii Permanently Bricked? PLEASE HELP

Trudes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I wanted to use CTGP-R on my Wii but it said I needed system menu 4.3 so I went on DOP-Mii and tried to update it but DOP-Mii crashed and then I watched a video that said something about removing IOS stubs so I installed some new IOS and then tried DOP-Mii again, but it crashed again, then when I turned off my wii and tried to turn it back on it didn't work. I have a NAND backup of my wii somewhere on my old computer and I had priiloader installed but whenever I hold reset I get nothing. I thought that I had BootMii as IOS or whatever so it loads up whenever I turn my wii on but I guess not. My wii is still on 4.1 and I don't really know what the problem is. Is it permanently screwed? Any help/info/suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nater

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
priiloader has been removed if you installed (or tried to install?) a new system menu.
if you don't have Bootmii installed as Boot2, you can't unbrick is without a hardware flasher :(
(if you have bootmii on boot2, remove the SD card, boot the wii and see the light. If it flashes 2 time quickly then you are saved! if not then your wii is bricked)

or maybe with a modchip (less hassle than soldering to NAND) and use a disc with autoboot flag (I think you need to edit the first byte of the ISO and burn it on a DVDR)
But you will need a console compatible with burned discs too.

There is also a "savemii" thing that I vaguely remember. something to do on a modded gamecube controller to trigger a hidden menu.

About CTGP:
no homebrew should require a specific system menu version.
When a program is loaded in memory (game, homebrew, etc.) the system menu is unloaded and not in memory anymore.
the system menu is like a homebrew itself, you launch it or not. it's only an application. none of it's files are used or needed by anything else.

if a homebrew tells you that you need 4.3, it's probably because you are missing a IOS (IOS58 maybe? IOS62?)
Or that you buned it as disc and tried to launch the game from system menu's disc channel without priiloader's antiupdate patch?

I don't know what you really did to trigger an update or requirement message..

Stub IOS are "IOS not used by nintendo anymore". You don't need to edit/change/delete them. just let them be there, they don't take any spaces on your NAND.

Following video ? ..... very very very bad choice.
NEVER EVER use youtube as tutorial or guide or help for hacking.
As on the forum, ask the developers, but never noob on youtube :(

Trudes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
priiloader has been removed if you installed (or tried to install?) a new system menu.
if you don't have Bootmii installed as Boot2, you can't unbrick is without a hardware flasher :(
(if you have bootmii on boot2, remove the SD card, boot the wii and see the light. If it flashes 2 time quickly then you are saved! if not then your wii is bricked)

or maybe with a modchip (less hassle than soldering to NAND) and use a disc with autoboot flag (I think you need to edit the first byte of the ISO and burn it on a DVDR)
But you will need a console compatible with burned discs too.

There is also a "savemii" thing that I vaguely remember. something to do on a modded gamecube controller to trigger a hidden menu.

About CTGP:
no homebrew should require a specific system menu version.
When a program is loaded in memory (game, homebrew, etc.) the system menu is unloaded and not in memory anymore.
the system menu is like a homebrew itself, you launch it or not. it's only an application. none of it's files are used or needed by anything else.

if a homebrew tells you that you need 4.3, it's probably because you are missing a IOS (IOS58 maybe? IOS62?)
Or that you buned it as disc and tried to launch the game from system menu's disc channel without priiloader's antiupdate patch?

I don't know what you really did to trigger an update or requirement message..

Stub IOS are "IOS not used by nintendo anymore". You don't need to edit/change/delete them. just let them be there, they don't take any spaces on your NAND.

Following video ? ..... very very very bad choice.
NEVER EVER use youtube as tutorial or guide or help for hacking.
As on the forum, ask the developers, but never noob on youtube :(

Thanks for the help Cyan! I'm just gonna buy another Wii, white one this time so I can get boot2

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I haven't really felt hungry all day could be these fiber pills