Hardware Wii U controller & Manga?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah...be careful with rumors, dude. It starts out with "you know: this device would be awesome to read stuff on! :)", passes a couple of people with "Opinions" and before you know it, that very same idea turns out to be "Nintendo promised full ebook functionality with this thing!!!".

I've seen that presentation. Youtube and facebook were mentioned, yes. That doesn't make them apps. At best, he was saying the wiiU browser will suck less than the one from the wii.

There's also a freakin' huge difference between "dominating the living room" and "getting in direct competition with the iPad". And not just because the iPad is commonly used just about everywhere but swimming pools.

Finally...do you even know what HTML5 means? If the wiiU would handle it properly, then it would already be able to play all the web-apps that already exist on the net. How's that for a "possibility"?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
remember: the controller pad is single touch -> pinch zooming will be out of the question.
Multi Touch can be programmed on simple touch (resistive) screens.
(only for zooming, not rotating)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfX01irpAUQ

by analyzing the distance and movement of the newly created point, I'm sure it can use pinch.
You just need to touch one after the other (not simultaneously), not be too near of each others (it needs to jump), and move only the second finger (not both, not the first one). The first one is used to "pin" the display, the second to move.

You detect the second touch if the target "jump" to another coordinate instead of moving to it.
The coordinate of two targets is located at the middle of both touched points. then analyze the traveling distance from the "first to middle target" to determine the direction of the pinch.

(if I had time I would try it, it's an interesting project for DS :P)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guild McCommunist
I dislike you

I like how you went on about quitting the forum, than come back just to say you dislike someone you've never met.

Midna just gets massively assblasted over everything.

what the problem with users don't understanding jokes?
I found that funny, and in fact it's what I wanted to post myself :lol:
The problem with Guild is he doesn't joke often and has an extremely dry wit. Its hard to tell he he's joking and when he's being serious >_>

Word from the wise, I would hardly take anything I say here seriously. It makes me a lot more likeable.

The forum in general or just this section?

Yes.

But for the subject at hand, I don't see why they'd make a manga app for the Wii U, I don't believe they've made it for any other consoles or such. Plus you have to get a bunch of contracts set up with tons of different distributors and crap like that. You're probably better off reading it online on the Wii U controller.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But for the subject at hand, I don't see why they'd make a manga app for the Wii U, I don't believe they've made it for any other consoles or such. Plus you have to get a bunch of contracts set up with tons of different distributors and crap like that. You're probably better off reading it online on the Wii U controller.
>_> thats kind of what the guy was asking about... if you would be able to read them off the controller online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy