Hardware Wii U gamepad woes.....

Ricardito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's probably nothing I can do but my gamepad died on me recently and I ordered one through Amazon, lots of good reviews photos of others who purchased and it arrived immediately.

The only problem is that it seems that the refurbished gamepad is from another country, and the system wants to update..

The seller game me a bunch of BS about how I was warned about it being refurbished, I can understand... but honestly why would they send me an incompatible one, nothing on the sellers disclaimer mentions that you might get an out of region gamepad.

At this point I'm assuming that I dont really have any options, I've read forums extensively apparently the hardware is just too different excetra.

I doubt that hacking my wii u for region free would work and I assume most tampering with pad would brick it.

Would Nintendo support help me out on this? Or should I post it on Amazon or Ebay for resale for someone who might want an out of region pad?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would Nintendo support help me out on this? Or should I post it on Amazon or Ebay for resale for someone who might want an out of region pad?
If you bought a used/refurbished controller, particularly a third-party one, Nintendo isn't going to care about your plight one bit. Return the controller or sell it if it's not going to work for you.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's probably nothing I can do but my gamepad died on me recently and I ordered one through Amazon, lots of good reviews photos of others who purchased and it arrived immediately.

The only problem is that it seems that the refurbished gamepad is from another country, and the system wants to update..

The seller game me a bunch of BS about how I was warned about it being refurbished, I can understand... but honestly why would they send me an incompatible one, nothing on the sellers disclaimer mentions that you might get an out of region gamepad.

At this point I'm assuming that I dont really have any options, I've read forums extensively apparently the hardware is just too different excetra.

I doubt that hacking my wii u for region free would work and I assume most tampering with pad would brick it.

WTF? Region locked controllers. Thats bullshit. I would sell it and get one from Nintendo's website Refurbished. That's where I got mine and it has like a year warranty or something. What region and color is the one you have? Maybe try posting in the buy, sell, trade sub-forum here.

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, that's shitty and I'm sorry to hear it. This is like my greatest fear with the Wii U. Really wish I had got a backup when Nintendo was still selling new units as refurbs, but I wasn't working then.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, that's shitty and I'm sorry to hear it. This is like my greatest fear with the Wii U. Really wish I had got a backup when Nintendo was still selling new units as refurbs, but I wasn't working then.
Yeah I just went and checked to see if they still had them and there's like nothing for the wiiU listed anymore. There' more regular wii stuff.
The wiiU, Nintendo's red-headed step-son. (BTW, thats just pure fuckery to region lock accessories. Thanks Uncle Ninty... asshole)

Reactions: Glyptofane

Ricardito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a black gamepad, I'm not sure what region it's from, I'm assuming that's why they scratch off all information I assume because they buy up old or broken gamepads from anywhere they can, fix them and sell them as refurbished. I currently cant access the gamepad by any means because it keeps asking me to connect to the wii u console.

Is there a way to access the system to see which region it's from?

The seller is not interested in refunding me as he said "my Amazon post clearly stated that the gamepad was refurbished, I would suggest booting up the system with your original gamepad and the gamepad will still function as an extra controller"

Perhaps I can carefully and safely open it up to find its region?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's not suitable for your region, complain to Amazon, they'll make the seller refund it, most likely. I had to do this when I "bought" an s-video cable, but the shmuck sent me a vga cable instead saying it was okay because VGA supports sd or some nonsense.

Ricardito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's not suitable for your region, complain to Amazon, they'll make the seller refund it, most likely. I had to do this when I "bought" an s-video cable, but the shmuck sent me a vga cable instead saying it was okay because VGA supports sd or some nonsense.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

On a side note, is it possible to play wii fit U without the gamepad?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got a response from Amazon, they're willing to refund it. Too easy, I'm an old Ebay veteran but now that I'm sharing an account with family I'll stick with Amazon.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks so much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...