Hardware Wii U Gamepad

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I went to a friends house the other day and he told me he got a Wii U and Smash 4. Though he told me his gamepad was broken due to him punching it out of anger from Smash 4 online (LOL). I have been looking into the Wii U now that lots of their big name titles have hit the shelves. Though I have one question.

Do some Wii U games only utilize the game pad? I probably wont punch my controller out of anger from a game, but lets say I have friends over. I do want to provide extra controllers and so I'm wandering if there are any Wii U games with game pad only control.

Thinking about it now, I don't think the have extra game pad to sell. Also concerning the price I dont think Nintendo would let developers take the game pad control only route.

Thanks

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not an expert on the library but yes there are some games that require the use of the gamepad, at least in part. It is necessary for Mario Party 10, Kirby and the rainbow curse, the new Splatoon, and eshop title affordable space adventures to name a few. The games that have local multiplayer allow use of other controllers for the 2+ players. There currently is not an option to connect more than one Gamepad.

That said I personally don't use it very often and have 4 Wii U Pro controllers I use for most things. 3 game cube controllers and adapter for smash. (Better to punch out a $25 controller than a $160 tabler), and my assortment of Wiimotes.

I have a second Wii u without a gamepad I use in my bedroom for MK8 and Smash. Certain games I could not play there without re syncing the gamepad to this console. (Bought if off eBay from a guy who probably punched out the GP) :)

Put a screen protector and silicone sleeve on it and don't loose your temper and it should be just fine.

Tip. Jap WUPCs are available on Amazon for cheaper and the only difference is the box and "instructions"

WiiFit_Guy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank You! Alright, so some games will use the gamepad. And not to worry, I wouldn't think of punching the gamepad out of anger. It was my friend who did that to his own Wii U :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it