Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSA: OpenDNS does NOT block updates. I re-enabled OpenDNS after buying Splatoon last week (Thursday), and my console STILL auto-updated. I can confirm that my console is indeed connected to OpenDNS.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSA: OpenDNS does NOT block updates. I re-enabled OpenDNS after buying Splatoon last week (Thursday), and my console STILL auto-updated. I can confirm that my console is indeed connected to OpenDNS.
OpenDNS alone will not block updates. It has to be configured correctly. Are you sure your settings are right?

D

Deleted User

Well damn, I updated because I had just bought Splatoon and wanted to get Lucas when he comes. Oh well...

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to disappoint anyone hoping for something at E3

Then why did you hype up E3 as a release date?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm really starting to get very suspicious. Yet another update before a supposed release? I think the team has a spy in their mists or is working for Nintendo.

Sammi Husky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why did you hype up E3 as a release date?

Because until recently E3 was a doable estimate. Also, estimates are not deadlines. Nobody promised it would be done, but rather that it might be. To give people hope and something to look forward to. Besides, would you rather they went silent for god knows how long until it's released? I understand it's hard for some people to see it from their perspective but when your on a team like this that provides consistent progress updates, incidents where estimates are taken as promises are unavoidable (and very common). It's unfortunate, but i learned that from experience.

I'm really starting to get very suspicious. Yet another update before a supposed release? I think the team has a spy in their mists or is working for Nintendo.

I do find it somewhat suspicious that the update patched the bug so quickly, and that they knew exactly which bug (from what i've heard at least). But it's unlikely that there is a spy on their team at least. There could be others who are in the know as well but not necessarily on their team per say.

ServbotMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
nintendo knows how to catch people onto this new update, one way or another, they will add things that will make people fall and update, like lucas. obviously with the release of lucas almost every wiiuser will go into eshop, making them update
but i'd rather stick to 5.3.2, i'd rather lost a ness clone than the exploit
My fucking thoughts

My ISP being the piece of shit it is changed my IP during the day, and as it takes 3 minutes for openDNS to update the WiiU was able to download 30% of the update.
I guess there is no way to remove this.

Well, I'll keep playing online until I can.
There isn't even an ETA on this exploit.

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: nonameboy

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I saw the update process downloading in the download manager, I immediately turned off the Wii U. (the download still had 4 minutes to go btw)
When I turned it on again, the update data was gone!

After that, I deleted the connection settings.
I have automatic downloads on 'Don't receive', but the download might have happened after trying to connect to the eShop.

But once I connect again, will it update without me knowing, or will there be a popup that I can cancel?

Qazloop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have much time free bud I'd like to help. I would like help finding bugs for the new system update but mi wii u is in another city and will not have access to it until July. And I have several questions.

Yes, Hykem's got the 5.3.2 Webkit exploit working in a VM and now we're trying to port it to work on the latest version, then as mentioned before we'll probably clean up Relys' updated build system and then (no promises but) we'll release that all as a package and move on to polishing up the kernel exploit.

1- I guess I have to download webkit 536.30 source code and compile.
1a- what OS (win, linux, mac) and platform(x86, emu ppc)?
2a- do I need a virtual machine to find bugs? (or It's only for debugging)
2- Search records in the bug tracker for the same version or higher and see if it crash the browser
3- Do I need other tools/environment?

Last edited by Qazloop,
Reactions: Margen67

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I saw the update process downloading in the download manager, I immediately turned off the Wii U. (the download still had 4 minutes to go btw)
When I turned it on again, the update data was gone!

After that, I deleted the connection settings.
I have automatic downloads on 'Don't receive', but the download might have happened after trying to connect to the eShop.

But once I connect again, will it update without me knowing, or will there be a popup that I can cancel?
It's not under automatic downloads, it's under the same menu as quickstart, you have to disable the first options. (I think.)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i hope if the 5.3.2 works its released before starting to work on 5.4 becuase it would allow homebrew to be developed in the meantime.

im keeping my wiiu on 5.3.2 just incase.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There are certain cases like this in which I am glad I hate Smash Bros. :D
I don't feel even a glimpse of the anxiety to update for playing that shit online. :lol:

Homebrew here I go!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://movieweb.com/metal-gear-solid-furiosa-tom-burke-solid-snake/