Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how many people are going to ask if or when it's going to be released, as if there's some kind of inside info they're missing out on.
It'll be out when it's out; and asking about it isn't going to get it any faster.

Reactions: deformyer

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder how Hykem is getting on with dumping the keys on his 3.x wii u? Last thing I heard is he has an IOSU exploit for his firmware??
I wonder this aswell, maybe he is working a way for other people to retrieve the per console keys in conjuction with the kernel exploit ?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: More progress on my end, I made SplatMap which can view (and soon edit) Splatoon's maps, and should also work with SM3DW's maps since IIRC they have the same structure, and can also view normal BYAMLs so basically everything is easy to read now.
I'm also planning to rewrite TCPGecko so I know exactly how everything works and I can add more functionality like save editing and templates. Tried getting saves from the web browser, but even the thread solving RPC doesn't fix it :\ breaks on the initial setup for the Client and CmdBlock.
I know it works sending commands to TCPGecko so I was gonna just use that and try to implement a command line thing so we basically have full RPC and TPCGecko in a nice little GUI.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Does this mean breakpoints come back to tcpgecko dnet (if there's a new codehandler)?

He didn't mention breakpoints, but that is a plan of mine. It can be done if we patch the kernel's IABR and DABR exception handlers, which is something I'll be looking into soon enough.

Lockerzpoints2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I've just been stalking the forums for a little bit. My Wii U's on 5.3.2.
I've been seeing people say using parental control to block updates. Will this still allow me to play online? Is this also guaranteed to work as I've been seeing OpenDNS is getting bypassed by Nintendo (I guess they changed the IP of the update and I don't want my console to update).
You guys are doing a good job. I hope there's a emunand release a little later at the very least. I'll be going back up to college so IP blocking won't exactly help me unless parental controls does it just fine. I just want to play online, however.

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys. I've just been stalking the forums for a little bit. My Wii U's on 5.3.2.
I've been seeing people say using parental control to block updates. Will this still allow me to play online? Is this also guaranteed to work as I've been seeing OpenDNS is getting bypassed by Nintendo (I guess they changed the IP of the update and I don't want my console to update).
You guys are doing a good job. I hope there's a emunand release a little later at the very least. I'll be going back up to college so IP blocking won't exactly help me unless parental controls does it just fine. I just want to play online, however.

Don't use openDNS, just block the websites in your Router and you'll be fine! ;)
About the parental control thingy:
Try it out for yourself! :P The worst would be a notification that you can't play online! :D

Lockerzpoints2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't use openDNS, just block the websites in your Router and you'll be fine! ;)
About the parental control thingy:
Try it out for yourself! :P The worst would be a notification that you can't play online! :D

Thank you. :) The thing is, when I go back to college I won't be able to block websites in the router as it's shared within the school (the access point is anyways).
I'd like to give the parental thing a try but has anyone else tried it as well? Anyone else able to play online with it or it just blocks online completely?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. :) The thing is, when I go back to college I won't be able to block websites in the router as it's shared within the school (the access point is anyways).
I'd like to give the parental thing a try but has anyone else tried it as well? Anyone else able to play online with it or it just blocks online completely?

Are personal routers allowed? If so, you could get around that very limitation :P

Lockerzpoints2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are personal routers allowed? If so, you could get around that very limitation :P

Unfortunately, no. :(
I'd have to hope for an emunand by the time August comes around but I don't see that happening as there's most likely a lot of work needed. I do see people trying to contribute as much as they can, however.

Kinnay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You got a Wii U at school?

To answer your question: if you just block the update/eshop server you'll still be able to play online in most games. Splatoon doesn't work though as far as I know.

Lockerzpoints2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got a Wii U at school?

To answer your question: if you just block the update/eshop server you'll still be able to play online in most games. Splatoon doesn't work though as far as I know.

Yes, I take my Wii U up to school with my PS3/4 as well.
How would I go about blocking the update/eshop server? I don't have Splatoon yet so I won't worry about it but I have other games.

Kinnay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, I take my Wii U up to school with my PS3/4 as well.
How would I go about blocking the update/eshop server? I don't have Splatoon yet so I won't worry about it but I have other games.
I'm using OpenDNS and it works very well for me, but it failed on other people. Blocking the servers in the router is the most reliable method, but you said that's not an option. Whatever method you're going to end up with, the urls you need to block are in the first post of this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it