Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
OOOOOOH AVAST YOU LITTLE B*TCH

Wow... After trying like 40 times to run TCPGecko I randomly decided to turn off Avast! AntiVirus for once and look there, it just works... Wow... Avast, I start to dislike you lately, not only because of the advertisement...
Why bothering with antiviruses anyway? Real ones don't need them :P

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A person who know what he's doing is pretty much safe anyways ;P But just in case something decides to go apeshit and you know, to be at least a bit more safe :D

We spend all this time messing around with Wii U browser exploits, but there are plenty of ones that work on PCs too. Through them, you can get viruses without any user interaction, and that has actually happened to me.

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
We spend all this time messing around with Wii U browser exploits, but there are plenty of ones that work on PCs too. Through them, you can get viruses without any user interaction, and that has actually happened to me.
Yeah but if such a thing happens a Antivirus program ain't gonna help you much either, depends on what exploit is run on your PC tho.

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah but if such a thing happens a Antivirus program ain't gonna help you much either, depends on what exploit is run on your PC tho.

Kaspersky is good at securing unpatched exploits.

Anyway, I'm working on a Lua interpreter for WiiU stuff. I don't know if it will be of any use, but as i'm planning on giving it very low level access (like running raw asm for example), we never know.

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Margen67

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know we are getting off topic, but since people are encountering issues with antivirus blocking TCPgeckgo, I'll add a little so people aren't following poor advice:

Do not use kapersky, as it has recently been shown to be making computers it runs on even less secure:

http://googleprojectzero.blogspot.com/2015/09/kaspersky-mo-unpackers-mo-problems.html

Kaspersky is still the only one I know of to resist to meterpreter.

somebody should port LuaJIT to WiiU

That's pretty much what I (am trying to) do.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to start looking at USB for a while now and finally started, I hope this will end all good and well.
http://pastie.org/10447067
edit: for whatever reason you can get up to 1000(!) usb profiles, why they have that many programmed in I have no idea lol.

You can actually use nsysuhs.rpl on your version? NWP tried that on 5.0.0 back in April, and it would return no error but a 0 handle, so I was forced to reverse engineer it and reimplement the functions.

Reactions: Margen67 and Adr990

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

DarkKaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is a trivial question but, what does this all mean in the long run with regards to USB? I'm admittedly lost.
Means that there might be a library coming for usb support :)
This would work great in combination with WUP Installer when you are dealing with big files that do not fit on your SD.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Means that there might be a library coming for usb support :)
This would work great in combination with WUP Installer when you are dealing with big files that do not fit on your SD.

Well, I already looked into USB a while back, and found that IOSU is holding a lock on storage devices (but not other devices), so this probably won't lead to USB storage access. As I said before, we'll likely need an IOSU exploit.

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A