Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed the OSDynLoad_FindExport return type since it's wrong in libwiiu, it returns an int.
I didn't change anything at wupinstaller.com.
You might want to compile the code with -Os

Aha, thanks for the info. @wj44 was kind enough to recompile the source into a working binary: http://wj44.ml/wupinstaller/code532.bin

With this (after running the kexploit first), I was able to spoof my 5.4.0U console to 5.5.1U! One thing that differ from 5.3.2 though, after being sent to the Home button menu, I pressed the home button and then got a black screen with Error: 0x00000000 text and I had to hard power down the system. However, when I booted back up, I was spoofed to 5.5.1! So the question for other updates is, should I sit on the Home button menu and let it install updates in the background there, or will it install them in the background on the Error screen?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Release IOSU NOW! Screw noobs who brick because they don't read. They don't even belong on the Wii U scene yet they try anyways (Okay that was a bit harsh)
If we have IOSU now, development can start now. Bring the boot time exploit after. For goodness sake, at least give the IOSU exploit to developers!

I can assure you, a noob WILL brick even WITH the boot time exploit, because they didn't read.

5.5.0 users are suffering right now, no more online play for them once game updates arrive. I feel for users like these so that's why I'm getting impatient here.

I myself can wait. I just want development to at least start. I'm already on 5.3.2 and host my own exploits offline so I'm good.

Last edited by MattKimura,

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will be able to play online until a new update comes out. You don't need the newest firmware to play online, but always the newest update.
You mean the other way around? right? because a new firmware would be like 5.6.0 but an update such as 5.5.1 wouldn't cut online gameplay, but a new firmware would(such as 5.6.0)

RoadrunnerWMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You always need the latest game update to play online.

Sometimes you need the latest firmware, and sometimes you don't: there was a time when 5.3.2, 5.4.0 and 5.5.0 were all allowed online, and then one day, Nintendo changed their mind about 5.3.2 and 5.4.0. Right now, 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 are the only versions allowed online, and they may or may not decide to change that.

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You always need the latest game update to play online.

Sometimes you need the latest firmware, and sometimes you don't: there was a time when 5.3.2, 5.4.0 and 5.5.0 were all allowed online, and then one day, Nintendo changed their mind about 5.3.2 and 5.4.0. Right now, 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 are the only versions allowed online, and they may or may not decide to change that.
I really hope not, and if I hope the wupinstaller for 5.5.0 comes first

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, i'm on 5.5.0 and i can still play Splatoon, is that supposed to not happen?
Not being on the latest firmware = no eshop access

No Eshop access = Can't grab game updates when they're out

Not being on the latest game update = No online play for that game

A new firmware is a new firmware, even if it's just one little number higher (Ex: 5.5.0 compared to 5.5.1)
You do not have eshop access right now, as a 5.5.0 user just because of 5.5.1

Last edited by MattKimura,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not being on the latest firmware = no eshop access

No Eshop access = Can't grab game updates when they're out

Not being on the latest game update = No online play for that game

A new firmware is a new firmware, even if it's just one little number higher (Ex: 5.5.0 compares to 5.5.1)
You do not have eshop access right now, as a 5.5.0 user just because of 5.5.1
Well that sucks

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks
It's a matter of patience for 5.5.0 users. If you're accustomed to online gaming on your Wii U, the wait for IOSU is gonna be even more difficult. All you can do is enjoy the last bit of time to play online, then just wait for IOSU and stay playing games on single player until then.
I have friends who are on 5.5.0 and I feel bad for them, having to wait. Which is why I made that post above, about releasing IOSU NOW and not later just for noobs sake. Noobs don't get special treatment, at least they shouldn't. Either learn how to do things or don't do it at all.

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a matter of patience for 5.5.0 users. If you're accustomed to online gaming on your Wii U, the wait for IOSU is gonna be even more difficult. All you can do is enjoy the last bit of time to play online, then just wait for IOSU and stay playing games on single player until then.
I have friends who are on 5.5.0 and I feel bad for them, having to wait. Which is why I made that post above, about releasing IOSU NOW and not later just for noobs sake. Noobs don't get special treatment, at least they shouldn't. Either learn how to do things or don't do it at all.
I agree, I mean i know a few languages(swift,C,Java,Python) but i am pretty sure none of those could help, so i am stuck with the rest, why can;t he just release the exploit how it is now, and release the boot time exploit later?

Reactions: MattKimura

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
part of me wonders why ninty patch hacks in this way , esentially patching the libstagefright vuln has allowed the release of the exploit to additional wiiu owners not fewer. Is there something im missing ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg