Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Some of you people need to seriously get a life other than typing these ridiculously long paragraphs about bitching and moaning.
No one is forcing you to come here.
If you don't like it how developers brag, don't release stuff on time, tease you, etc. Then gtfo. They can do whatever they want and pretty much have the right after all the hard work it takes to create an exploit.
Agreed. Why are people still getting back into this topic? I don't know.

Maybe we should block the word "IOSU" on this site. So it doesn't end up like this. Again.

What can not is a developer see things not as walking the way it was and still hold the exploit, he would not do this.
I had to read this 3 times to understand.

Dude, of course Hykem wouldn't keep the exploit. What are you worrying about? Just wait, you'll get it.

Actually, let's lock this thread for some time. Nobody seems to talk about actually developing, so you might as well do it to prevent more pointless bickering.

End of rant. Stay safe, kids. You'll get a piece of the candy eventually.

D

Deleted User

IMO, I think the only time when you should whine is probably if the devs say that they're not even gonna release anything at all due to the sheer amount of bitchiness on here. :mellow:
Granted, they have something that the rest of us don't, but ya still gotta have respect for 'em... :(

Also, it might be a (kind of?) convenient time to backtrack to this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/polling-station-how-desperate-are-you-for-the-kernel-exploit.391735/ ;)

I remember that this kind of booted the devs up the ass to release it, at my reputation's expense. (I think it was about 2-3 weeks later that it all got released; probably just a coincidence...)

So... round 2 might be coming up after all. :lol:

Last edited by ,
Reactions: lonemoonHD

vasalpa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why can't we just have one of the two available kernel exploits for 5.5+? I mean it is kind of unfair to these users, I remember some time ago there was an interest in releasing one of these. As far as IOSU goes, who knows when it will come out? This will calm the waters a lot imo since the promises that were given weren't fulfilled and disturbed this community a lot.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Why can't we just have one of the two available kernel exploits for 5.5+? I mean it is kind of unfair to these users, I remember some time ago there was an interest in releasing one of these. As far as IOSU goes, who knows when it will come out? This will calm the waters a lot imo since the promises that were given weren't fulfilled and disturbed this community a lot.
No promises were made, to clear this up for you. Besides, exploits aren't a sure thing. They take time to develop. Think of it like a game. Games take time to develop, and if there's a lack of progress, it gets delayed.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why can't we just have one of the two available kernel exploits for 5.5+? I mean it is kind of unfair to these users.
Haha, i was initially not going to reply, but this made me laugh.
So you are saying that due to programming bugs/errors nintendo made some exploits were found, but because they are not released it is unfair for people that bought a wii u but now cannot abuse it? LOL.. Funny way of reverse thinking.
TBH, i still think that if you buy something, you should be able to do anything with it as long as it does not damage others in what ever way.
So we should be glad Nintendo slips up and allow others to modify the hardware/software of a device to get it to do whatever you want.
That said, to say it is unfair goes a bit too far for me, sure it sucks that things are not shared, but in my opinion the coders/hackers are in no way obligated to share anything with anyone.. i am all for sharing BTW, but i wont feel any different if these exploits are not shared.

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Haha, i was initially not going to reply, but this made me laugh.
So you are saying that due to programming bugs/errors nintendo made some exploits were found, but because they are not released it is unfair for people that bought a wii u but now cannot abuse it? LOL.. Funny way of reverse thinking.
TBH, i still think that if you buy something, you should be able to do anything with it as long as it does not damage others in what ever way.
So we should be glad Nintendo slips up and allow others to modify the hardware/software of a device to get it to do whatever you want.
That said, to say it is unfair goes a bit too far for me, sure it sucks that things are not shared, but in my opinion the coders/hackers are in no way obligated to share anything with anyone.. i am all for sharing BTW, but i wont feel any different if these exploits are not shared.
You missed the point he was making, but whatever. Let's not beat a dead horse here.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
After posting my previous comment i realized this was not a very good time and i want to say that it was not intended to start a discussion again, i was going to delete it but my post was already quoted..

It was just a brainfart released without thinking.

SO please ignore my last post..

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on 5.5.0 do I need to update to 5.5.1?
No but you should, it's like saying I have a child, do i need to feed it(but your afraid that the organic food you buy at the local trusted grocery store will have some sort of disease) What do you do?

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just trying to confirm I bought a splatoon yesterday with info matching the Definitive guides 5.3.2 anyone here update with splatoon before?
If your console is below 5.3.2, then yes, you will update to this firmware. Just remember to block any additional updates with TubeHax DNS. Don't even update the game. You can do it after you have installed the kernel exploit.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in an attempt to fix the train wreck I started, would it be possible with IOSU/is it already possible to have permanent injects for vc? Like how the original Wii had custom wads?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in an attempt to fix the train wreck I started, would it be possible with IOSU/is it already possible to have permanent injects for vc? Like how the original Wii had custom wads?
Yes, according to Matt, if you have multiple ROMs in a folder, it'll bring up a menu to select between them (backs up what I saw when I disassembled the RPX for Squeak Squad). Can just edit the FS to add more and can edit the meta to be a generic loader picture and splash when booting

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, according to Matt, if you have multiple ROMs in a folder, it'll bring up a menu to select between them (backs up what I saw when I disassembled the RPX for Squeak Squad). Can just edit the FS to add more and can edit the meta to be a generic loader picture and splash when booting
So Nintendo basically made a rom loader themselves? Or is that with loadiine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious