Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not referring to speed although i thought via Ethernet would be a bit quicker than SD but anyway moving on from that , what I am referring to is been able to run our collections from a PC rather than forking out big $$$ for a SD card, my collection is already over 250gigs worth of roms so with that you can understand what i mean, now I'm no server expert but if you can run a exploit from your PC why is it not possible to execute roms from there as well ??
u talk about something like cafiine or similar like samba/ftp etc what was used in diffrent emulators on the normal wii ??
if you know what we dont know, develop something
instead of write down your own intresset/dreams

why so pushy? most of us come from the time of " dont want to call this demonic name " and we wait for a long time ,finaly a team works on iosu, so if they wont opensource then they DONT want:wacko:
if u wanna play roms , buy a controller for the pc and you can Play all of your 250GB of Roms without any SDcard in fullspeed and improved emulators :D

Last edited by moops44,

wiiman.au

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
u talk about something like cafiine or similar like samba/ftp etc what was used in diffrent emulators on the normal wii ??
if you know what we dont know, develop something
instead of write down your own intresset/dreams

why so pushy? most of us come from the time of " dont want to call this demonic name " and we wait for a long time ,finaly a team works on iosu, so if they wont opensource then they DONT want:wacko:
if u wanna play roms , buy a controller for the pc and you can Play all of your 250GB of Roms without any SDcard in fullspeed and improved emulators :D

It was just an idea, I personally have not used cafiine so I can't comment on it.

I was just throwing out an idea of another possible way to run games from PC by streaming them to the Wii U via loadiine which could mean we wouldn't need to use SD cards for loading games.

sometimes thinking outside of the box is where possible solutions come from..

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not referring to speed although i thought via Ethernet would be a bit quicker than SD but anyway moving on from that , what I am referring to is been able to run our collections from a PC rather than forking out big $$$ for a SD card, my collection is already over 250gigs worth of roms so with that you can understand what i mean, now I'm no server expert but if you can run a exploit from your PC why is it not possible to execute roms from there as well ??
It's not that it is impossible, I think that it was left behind because the Wifi is not reliable enough on its own. It may work fine with the Ethernet adapter though, I'm not sure if anyone every took that avenue.

Anyway, I believe the original design of loadiine was to launch over network, and it only worked with one game. IIRC it was NES Remix. It was essentially modified cafiine. Then it went on to use SD Card access for faster access/load times. If someone wanted to, they could likely rewrite a network engine to load games, but it probably won't work very well. It's really up to knowing your stuff I'd imagine.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a good enough reason to take the mp4 page off my AIO Self host package and force users of 5.5.1 to use php only?
I don't know how often it is happening. Usually people copy the www content and use the index.php link instead of the mp4 file directly. Besides the mp4 is loaded by the index.php so you can't really remove it from your pack.

Hmm, not to contradict dimok as he knows better than I, but the PHP method on 5.5.1 really does not like my Wii U. It always freezes at the mvplayer, even on nightly. The brewed MP4 gives me 100% though, even after save data reset. Sooo... *shrug* Could put both, mp4 as alt.
Hey EclipseSin, long time no see ;). I am not sure if we are talking about the same php file. I don't mean the whole php constructing the MP4 code (but it would be the same if we add sleeps there as well). I was talking about the index.php. I recently updated my WiiU to 5.5.1 as well and the first mistake I made was trying to load the mp4 directly (e.g. http://xxxxxx/hbl.mp4) This caused so much trouble that I was regretting the update. Then I remembered that the actual fix is in the index.php which loads up the mp4 and sends it to the browser but before that it does a necessary sleep for the mvplayer. So what I was trying to say is that you have to use the link as "http://xxxxx/" (or "http://xxxxx/index.php" is equivalent) and not "http://xxxxx/hbl.mp4". That is if you use the package of Kafluke in selfhosting.

Reactions: EclipseSin

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know how often it is happening. Usually people copy the www content and use the index.php link instead of the mp4 file directly. Besides the mp4 is loaded by the index.php so you can't really remove it from your pack.

Hey EclipseSin, long time no see ;). I am not sure if we are talking about the same php file. I don't mean the whole php constructing the MP4 code (but it would be the same if we add sleeps there as well). I was talking about the index.php. I recently updated my WiiU to 5.5.1 as well and the first mistake I made was trying to load the mp4 directly (e.g. http://xxxxxx/hbl.mp4) This caused so much trouble that I was regretting the update. Then I remembered that the actual fix is in the index.php which loads up the mp4 and sends it to the browser but before that it does a necessary sleep for the mvplayer. So what I was trying to say is that you have to use the link as "http://xxxxx/" (or "http://xxxxx/index.php" is equivalent) and not "http://xxxxx/hbl.mp4". That is if you use the package of Kafluke in selfhosting.
Hey bud! Yes, I was misunderstanding. :) I'm not directly accessing the mp4, but rather accessing it through an index file as you mentioned. I assumed that the PHP generated MP4 like using yellow8's browserhax was the PHP code in question. I'm still trying to catch up, which is why I was trying not to contradict you. Haha.

That said, I'm only using some index.php file and an mp4. Is that the correct way to do this now? lol It took forever to get the other method to work at all. It is only recently I updated myself, so I'm trying to get my files updated on my online server as well.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question as someone who did a lot of homebrew on the wii but not so much on the wiiu yet, how come there are no emulators out for the wiiu yet and they only exist for the vwii? In the early days everyone was saying how nice it would be to do homebrew on the wiiu because of the added processing power. And since all firmwares can run homebrew now, there still isn't any big names out yet. Haha was personally hoping to see some polished n64 and psx emulation done (although I have seen the pretty broken injection stuff work in some cases, but i don't really count it) stuff like nds was just useless on the wii

is it a matter of getting the iosu exploit, is that what's holding them back? or is there just no one looking to do the stuff like wii64 did anymore?

Last edited by MrKatanaObiWan,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question as someone who did a lot of homebrew on the wii but not so much on the wiiu yet, how come there are no emulators out for the wiiu yet and they only exist for the vwii? In the early days everyone was saying how nice it would be to do homebrew on the wiiu because of the added processing power. And since all firmwares can run homebrew now, there still isn't any big names out yet. Haha was personally hoping to see some polished n64 and psx emulation done (although I have seen the pretty broken injection stuff work in some cases, but i don't really count it) stuff like nds was just useless on the wii

is it a matter of getting the iosu exploit, is that what's holding them back? or is there just no one looking to do the stuff like wii64 did anymore?
Mainly laziness on prospective dev's parts ("We've gotta wait for IOSU or no one will care about what gets produced!") and/or a lack of knowledge of how the system works (i.e. laymen like me who just observe the scene). As of right now I can count on one hand the amount of people currently developing on the Wii U

Reactions: MrKatanaObiWan

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the name of that site that told you the current WiiU and 3ds firmwares? I'm sure it's nothing, but I'm getting a System Update trying to be pushed through to my 5.5.1 WiiU? I have TubeHax configured

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the name of that site that told you the current WiiU and 3ds firmwares? I'm sure it's nothing, but I'm getting a System Update trying to be pushed through to my 5.5.1 WiiU? I have TubeHax configured
Is it the red x? That just means tubehax is working and shows up even if there is no update

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it the red x? That just means tubehax is working and shows up even if there is no update

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
I thought the same, but this time it specifically says "System update" :: as seen here http://i.imgur.com/wMFp16J.jpg . I've personally never seen that before, and I've had Tubehax for months

Last edited by sup3rgh0st,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
weh why does temp keep not notifying me when someone posts in this thread
I tend to agree to disagree on that, open source would improve the code and get more people involved in development, a perfect example is the emulation scene just look at the likes of retroarch, PCSX2, dolphin etc.. if it was closed source the code wouldn't get improved and games woudn't run etc.. open source is the way forward, understandably your crew wants the credit for the hack and I get that, but at least let others get involved in the development to make this happen
I think the main thing is that they're trying to get it to something usable by everyone and once that's complete they can put it up for others to add features, if quag wasn't the only one working on that menu for installing titles, he'd have to set up contributing guidelines and the database could get way messier than having him focus and get it done in less time
http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1436/~/system-menu-update-history
Nope, nothing past 5.5.1 yet. Be careful moving forward, though, because there might be a "stability" update in the near future
"might" lmao never

Reactions: daxtsu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1