Wii U launch games to only support 720p

D

Deleted_171835

The Wii's AMD/ATI GPU has a lot of potential, very few if any 3rd parties ever took full advantage of it; it's a very capable GPU, it's just there are too many lazy programmers out there. Would it ever reach Xbox 360/PS3 levels? Of course not, but it could most certain match the original Xbox, heck, even the Gamecube's hardware was on par with that console.

I think it's worth mentioning that there hasn't been a single Wii game that is graphically better than Rogue Leader on the Gamecube. Devs didn't bother pushing the hardware.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think it's worth mentioning that there hasn't been a single Wii game that is graphically better than Rogue Leader on the Gamecube. Devs didn't bother pushing the hardware.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that Factor 5 was one of the very few companies who truly knew the ins and outs of a console's hardware, especially the Gamecube. There are reports that Rogue Leader pushed well into the 25-30 million polygon/sec range. That company has done some insane programming on Nintendo's consoles, too bad they went under.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

...Yet another GameCube game that pushed limits, in graphics and AI, Hell I used to display this game at the Game Crazy store I worked at back in 2005 and had people asking me if this was a XBox 360 game only for them to find out that it was a GameCube game. Since Wii is 50% more powerful than this, it was a crying shame that not many publishers pushed the little white box.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So the Wii U is going to be defeated on the battlefield by the harsh Russian winter? As illustrated by Napoleon and Hitler.
It still does not support Unreal Engine 4!

Tell me, how will the devs port a game using unreal engine 4 to WiiU?
Incompatible architetures, ok, tell me why you're so sure that there won't be it from a gpu of two years ago to a GPU that does not even exist and will be used at 2016?
Dude, Unreal 4 was practically confirmed for the Wii U... did you miss that bit of news a week or 2 ago? Unreal 4 will support all platforms, from smartphones to consoles, and as a result, Wii U. Even the 360 and PS3 can likely support it.

http://www.dsogaming...gle-nvidia-gpu/

It still does not support Unreal Engine 4!
objection.gif

Can you at least provide non-subjective evidence for that claim?

Oh and even then, use unreal engine 3.(whatever) or scale it.

You didn't undestand the comparison and then accuse me of being stupid, oh the irony! :P
WiiU will support DX11, so what? It still does not support Unreal Engine 4!

Incompatible architetures, ok, tell me why you're so sure that there won't be it from a gpu of two years ago to a GPU that does not even exist and will be used at 2016?
Or maybe your comparison was just stupid?

Where did you hear that it won't support UE4? That wasn't confirmed. Even if it doesn't, UE4 has a light version which will be supported on all platforms meaning that devs can use that to port games to the Wii U.

And why are you even getting into hypotheticals?

And then you say I'm stupid! hahaha
The light version of UE4 is made for mobile devices!
It's not gonna support PS3, X360 neither WiiU!
The same with Luminous Engine!
Prepare to crash and burn your hopes!
Let's see who will laugh at the end! hahahaha

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neither WiiU!
Oh, I'm sorry, you must have miss my post. Let's try again.

Plus, that last part really do seem like trolling.

Look at this.
Link

The reason I didn't include ps3/360 because their consoles are most likely coming out next year.

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
neither WiiU!

Look at this.
Link

The reason I didn't include ps3/360 because their consoles are most likely coming out next year.
We still don't know what the Wii U is capable of, recently Iwata mentioned that at E3 developers were only halfway with what they could have achieved looks wise. He already has confirmed that they are competing against next gen hardware, not current.

UE4 is just that, an engine, there are so many factors that can be changed, considering the lower gap between the next gen consoles only minor changes needs to be done.
Changing around textures, particles, polygons etc is enough to get it running even on the PS3.
UE4 is at the moment mostly focused on PC, next gen hardware will never reach PC levels despite what people think, still UE4 will undoubtedly be running on next gen.
There will be $300 to $400 dollar machines next gen, with that they won't even come close to what an average gaming PC can achieve.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
neither WiiU!

Look at this.
Link

You really don't know what they said, do you?
They said that it will run in mobile devices, and on high-end pcs!
But they already said it won't run at WiiU, they have the last WiiU prototype, wich is almost the definetly version, and it can't support WiiU!
Then DSOGaming proposed that if it run on iphone, it could run on WiiU and the last gen, but that's not gonna happen, there is a huge difference between UE4 and it's mobile version!
You wanna a source, that's not my problem, if you don't believe me just wait and see it with your own eyes! :ha:

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But they already said it won't run at WiiU, they have the last WiiU prototype, wich is almost the definetly version, and it can't support WiiU!
Then DSOGaming proposed that if it run on iphone, it could run on WiiU and the last gen, but that's not gonna happen, there is a huge difference between UE4 and it's mobile version!
You wanna a source, that's not my problem, if you don't believe me just wait and see it with your own eyes! :ha:
I goofed and gave the wrong link.
We have three big goals:
  • First, to define the next generation of graphics capabilities that are achievable with DirectX 11 PC’s and future consoles.
  • Second, to deliver a toolset with an unprecedented mixture of power, ease-of-use, and polish.
  • And finally, to scale the technology and its feature set up and down the spectrum of future computing devices, including iOS and Android, and mainstream PC.
Source

You said they won't run on the wii u, you don't want to give me a source? Ok. :D

Edit: To make it easier to find.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then you say I'm stupid! hahaha
The light version of UE4 is made for mobile devices!
It's not gonna support PS3, X360 neither WiiU!
The same with Luminous Engine!
Prepare to crash and burn your hopes!
Let's see who will laugh at the end! hahahaha
Well first, no one called you stupid (in those quotes, at least).
Second, you're making some pretty bold statements for things we don't know too much about. Very bold, actually. Actually, I'm not sure "bold" is the right word to use there...

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
VMM, now you're just being arrogant. You're preemptively bashing the Wii U for supposedly not having Unreal 4 (something you treat as a fact, despite it being based on a flimsy old rumor). Then when we post ACTUAL sources that flat out say "unreal 4 will be on EVERYTHING from mobile phones to high-end PCs" (hint, that's another way of saying "from weakest to strongest"), you dismiss it for some illogical reason and say that Unreal 4 will for-sure NOT be on Wii U, refuse to provide us any source of that WHATSOEVER, and laugh at us like some buffoon with a misplaced sense of superiority. Really, guy? I would stop before you make yourself look worse.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
neither WiiU!

Look at this.
Link

They didn't say that it will run on the Wii U.
By someone not saying something how can you be sure that it's not going to happen?
That's some pretty messed up logic there.
Oh and any "source" that claims it can't run on the Wii U are lying.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
plus it just wouldn't make any sense to not run on the Wii U. i mean, it'll run on low-end phones, next-gen PlayStation and Xbox, and pc, but somehow arbitrarily won't run on the Wii U? i fail to see the logic in that conclusion.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plus it just wouldn't make any sense to not run on the Wii U. i mean, it'll run on low-end phones, next-gen PlayStation and Xbox, and pc, but somehow arbitrarily won't run on the Wii U? i fail to see the logic in that conclusion.
That is another point, even by his logic, "mobile devices and on high-end pc". Last time I check, no consoles beat or even match any high-end pcs.
So, by his logic,the ps4/720 isn't going to have it either.

Even if it didn't run it, it not automatically the end of the wii u. Like seriously.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well first, no one called you stupid (in those quotes, at least).
Second, you're making some pretty bold statements for things we don't know too much about. Very bold, actually. Actually, I'm not sure "bold" is the right word to use there...

Well, soulx said pretty clear, and a lot of people were making fun of me, so I guess you understand now!

We still don't know what the Wii U is capable of, recently Iwata mentioned that at E3 developers were only halfway with what they could have achieved looks wise. He already has confirmed that they are competing against next gen hardware, not current.

UE4 is just that, an engine, there are so many factors that can be changed, considering the lower gap between the next gen consoles only minor changes needs to be done.
Changing around textures, particles, polygons etc is enough to get it running even on the PS3.
UE4 is at the moment mostly focused on PC, next gen hardware will never reach PC levels despite what people think, still UE4 will undoubtedly be running on next gen.
There will be $300 to $400 dollar machines next gen, with that they won't even come close to what an average gaming PC can achieve.

I goofed and gave the wrong link.
We have three big goals:
  • First, to define the next generation of graphics capabilities that are achievable with DirectX 11 PC’s and future consoles.
  • Second, to deliver a toolset with an unprecedented mixture of power, ease-of-use, and polish.
  • And finally, to scale the technology and its feature set up and down the spectrum of future computing devices, including iOS and Android, and mainstream PC.

Source

You said they won't run on the wii u, you don't want to give me a source? Ok. :D

Edit: To make it easier to find.

VMM, now you're just being arrogant. You're preemptively bashing the Wii U for supposedly not having Unreal 4 (something you treat as a fact, despite it being based on a flimsy old rumor). Then when we post ACTUAL sources that flat out say "unreal 4 will be on EVERYTHING from mobile phones to high-end PCs" (hint, that's another way of saying "from weakest to strongest"), you dismiss it for some illogical reason and say that Unreal 4 will for-sure NOT be on Wii U, refuse to provide us any source of that WHATSOEVER, and laugh at us like some buffoon with a misplaced sense of superiority. Really, guy? I would stop before you make yourself look worse.

That is another point, even by his logic, "mobile devices and on high-end pc". Last time I check, no consoles beat or even match any high-end pcs.
So, by his logic,the ps4/720 isn't going to have it either.

Even if it didn't run it, it not automatically the end of the wii u. Like seriously.

I'm sorry if I looked arrogant, but the truth is:
I saw some things, that I'm not authorized to tell, but that make pretty clear it won't work on WiiU!
For PS4 and new Xbox, I don't know, I don't have that info!
But I already said too much, so let's pretend this conversation never happened! :D

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I saw some things, that I'm not authorized to tell, but that make pretty clear it won't work on WiiU!
But I already said too much, so let's pretend this conversation never happened! :D

After what's gone on in this thread, I doubt anyone will believe that you have such "classified" information.

Reactions: 2 people

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

After what's gone on in this thread, I doubt anyone will believe that you have such "classified" information.

I recognize I overreacted, and I said somethings that probably made me look arrogant!
I'm sorry about that, but some people here really let me pissed off, even some that I kind of liked them.

But back to the business, let's wait until the time proves what I can't! :D
If you don't believe me, ok, I don't blame you, or anyone who doesn't! :lol:

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna end this argument right now. Epic's interview with game informer revealed the unreal 4 is the most customizable and user friendly version to date. Incompatible features can be turned off with just 3 clicks of the mouse. Even if the Wii-U can't use all of the full version of unreal 4's features, it could still run it by turning off the incompatible features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but that's a long shot
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
  • DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma:
    I'm new! Hi!
    DilllyDabDharma @ DilllyDabDharma: I'm new! Hi!