Reactions: 2 people

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The difference isn't really that noticiable until you are using a display bigger than 32" anyway. Even most cable companies only broadcast at 720p for their high def. Screens bigger than 32" will show the difference quite a bit more especially if their scan rate isn't fast enough. Most of the videos I take I usually use 60fps at 720p and you can barely tell the difference from 1080 60pfs on the smaller screens, if you can tell at all. Here is one example at 720 60pfs https://vimeo.com/13978989

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A bit more news regarding the Wii U's 720/1080 "status".

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/06/18/nintendo-games-will-run-at-1080p-soon-after-launch/

Granted, it might not be that confidence-inspiring that he said "I think", but it's still something to consider, especially from Nintendo's marketing executive.

But if this is true, this makes me wonder even more why the launch games won't run in 1080p, when games will be running 1080p "shortly" after system launch.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, is Nintendo Land a game that really needed to be displayed in 1080p? Or at all, for that matter?

I would say so, if it's going to be the game most used by the most users most of the time.

Plus all games, including Nintendo Land, could be updated to run in 1080p, presumably.

Considering that 1080p is now the norm for TVs, I would be surprised if Nintendo didn't make 1080p an iron clad standard for all WiiU generation games.

But I haven't really been following the WiiU news, so I wouldn't know.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, is Nintendo Land a game that really needed to be displayed in 1080p? Or at all, for that matter?

I would say so, if it's going to be the game most used by the most users most of the time.

A) Really, will it be?
B) Even if it was, the audience that would flock to the game would not be the same crowd that focuses on the resolution the system is putting out.

Reactions: 1 person

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is this thread still open?

In nintendoland, Is Kevin going to make a guess star appearance? Mother Brain and Doc Willy will spit on everyone who doesn't get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: don't get me wrong, it's just a cheat plugin, but one for a game I want to absolutely destroy