Hardware Wii U Port 0 not recognizing my usb

Taebot64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So today I was playing Wii backups on my usb (Formatted Wbfs) Smash brawl was loading forever amd I couldn't do anything I unplugged the Wii U. Then plugged it back up Now the USB Port 0 doesn't recognize it. I tried using my game pad charger on the port and it worked fine. I tried the USB on every other port and it Recognized it I tried changing to port to port 1 on Usb loader gx and it didn't do anything tried ever port on that. So my usb loader only loads from port 0. Can anyone help me.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So today I was playing Wii backups on my usb (Formatted Wbfs) Smash brawl was loading forever amd I couldn't do anything I unplugged the Wii U. Then plugged it back up Now the USB Port 0 doesn't recognize it. I tried using my game pad charger on the port and it worked fine. I tried the USB on every other port and it Recognized it I tried changing to port to port 1 on Usb loader gx and it didn't do anything tried ever port on that. So my usb loader only loads from port 0. Can anyone help me.
Try going in 2 settings in usb loader gx and setting it to read from more ports. Normally you can change it in settings from what i remember

Taebot64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only reads USB port 1 and 0

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any clues in what's going on

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
to use USB Port 1 in USBLoaderGX, you need d2x v10 r53 (which is not always working)
then you need to change the settings to use Port 1

Or you can use IOS58, but it will work in reversed mode, it's hard to setup.

Remember that only Port0 and Port 1 are compatible with cIOS. front ports will never work because it's a Wii homebrew, and wii only has 2 ports, not 4. It wasn't designed to read more.

not reading from Port0 is not normal.
you probably missed something. maybe just forgot to "re enable" the wii game listing ?
top menu > 4th icon > show wii games.
it's auto deactivated if you launch the loader without USB, or with USB in the wrong port. so, I just think it has been deactivated, it's not your HDD which is not seen or games not found, you just don't have the "please, list wii games from port 0" enabled ;)

I know, I have to change that behavior for a long time. No time to work on the loader lately.

Last edited by Cyan,

Taebot64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing replacing my main iOS with cios it failed because of internet so I went back to the home menu using the channel logged in to my profile and for some reason it asked me to format it meaning that it dectected It. I made sure it was in the right .Port and it was. My game booted up and I'm about to play it. Even though the cios failed it worked anyway. So my port fixed itself.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you talk about Wii games, right ?
because "asking to format" is a wiiu thing.
so, now, USBLoaderGX works fine, and you can launch game from USB?

how are you launching the loader?
from vWii, or did you inject USBLoaderGX into a WiiU WiiVC channel? WiiU WiiVC have USB deactivated, so please be sure you launch the loader from vWii mode.

Could you post a syscheck ? follow the guide in my signature. We can see which cIOS you currently have installed on your vWii and tell you if you need to change anything.

Taebot64

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the problem also I'm launching it from vWii Homebrew launcher. I fixed it all you have to do is keep turning on and off the console until it asks you to format your USB then you have go to vWii and it will reconize it. Everytime that happens I do that. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.