Hacking Wii U Pro Controller to PC program release

DarKevin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm. Maybe you got a bluetooth dongle that comes along well with Toshiba Stack then.

Anyway, I think it might be the Wii u pairing thing.
Try pairing (connecting) the controller to your Wii U and then try connecting it to your pc again.
This helps sometimes when the controller just refuses to connect with no apparent reason.

PS: If the 4 LEDs of the controller keep flashing, it is connected. When you then start the Controller Program (or load a game/exe with the xinput dll)
only the first LED should continue to be lit, and all should work fine.

megamachopop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Problem is I've had it connected to my Wii U a bunch of times while trying this to see if it'd help. My issue is it's not finding my controller at all so the lights stop flashing.

megamachopop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry I'm not of much help. I'm mostly putting the blame on the controller right now. I'm hoping I can get an actual Pro Controller to test soon and see if that works.

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try and use the program, everything gets set up properly, but when I "map" the Pro Controller buttons to buttons for an emulator (like SNES9x), it acts like the buttons are just mappings of keyboard keys. It still works and stuff, but shouldn't the controller be recognized as a Gamepad, not just mappings of the keyboard keys?

roygregoor

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hey guys,
First of all am i sorry for my bad english.
I succeeded in installing the toshiba bluetooth stack, then I added my controller with windows. the wii u procontroller keeps flashing. Windows shows that i'm connected with the wii u pro controller. but then when i open the wii u controller program, my controller keeps flashing the leds, it also doesn't respons with the buttons, but it keeps flashing.

Does anyone know what i could do to fix this ?

Printscreen : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-I-j48-2OwgVXlUXzNOTTN3bWc/edit?usp=sharing
greetings

ROy Gregoor

edit

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
At the least you got it to work. Check Led 1, and setup the controller i suppose? I am still stuck at
Code:
---------------------------
Pro Controller not found error
No Pro Controllers found in HID device list.
OK 

Dzhordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I'm trying to decide on which controller to get, either a Wii U Pro Controller or a Dualshock 4, and I just want to clarify a couple of things before deciding.
I'm going to use it for PC gaming, mainly emulators. I have skimmed over both the Wii U Pro Controller threads so please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. You need to have a Wii U, you have to pair the controller to the console first before pairing it to the PC. (I don't own a Wii U by the way)
2. If paired successfully, the buttons work welll, but the analog still has issues.
3. There's only a slim chance that the Wii U Pro controller will work outright as a PC gamepad without the need for the Toshiba Bluetooth stack or some kind of hack. (Nintendo has no plans on releasing drivers?)

Hope you guys can help, thanks in advance.​

metrolink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No matter how much I try I can never get this to work with anything! :(
Can someone give me step by step instruction of how to make the controller work with (for example) steam?

Lileroselac

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In my case, I installed the toshiba stack for windows 8.1 and was kinda glad that I didn't have to do all the stuff when the installation is supposed to failed and edit some files.
So it install normally, the pro controller is detected and I can play.
But things get bad after I put my laptop in sleep mode or shut down. The bluetooth stack simply can't detect the controller anymore. The only way is to desinstall it and install it again and it of course only work the first time.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've just got my controller working flawlessly with X-Input. There are videos showing how to do it in Win7 but I've never found a decent tutorial written down that's easy to follow. So here's my crack at the guide I would've liked to have when I was setting up.

• Check the version of your Bluetooth device.
    • If you're having issues reconnecting the controller, try a device using Bluetooth 2.0 or up. Logitech Bluetooth adapters can be installed as a Bluetooth devices if you hold the connect button when you first insert it. (Odd, but useful if you have some Logitech devices already)
  • Find your hardware id.
    • If you haven't installed your devices Bluetooth drivers, do so now.
    • Go to device manager and right click to properties on your Bluetooth driver.
    • On the far right tab, click hardware id on the drop down box and copy/paste the bottom value somewhere.
    • Close the properties window.
  • Uninstall your Bluetooth driver and unplug your device.
  • Start installing the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.
    • Once it gets to the point it asks you to plug in your device, do not plug it in.
    • Open (Toshiba Bluetooth Stack directory)\Drivers\tosrfusb\tosrfusb.inf in notepad.
    • Ctrl+f your hardware id. If it shows up, skip this whole step.
    • Copy the bottom line of the [standard] list and paste below it.
    • Change the number to be the next consecutive number and copy/paste your hardware id from earlier over the hardware id at the end of the line.
    • Copy this line and paste it at the bottom of the [standard.NTamd64] list.
    • Copy the last line in the file and paste below, change the number to the next censecutive number and give your device any name in the quotations.
    • SAVE (in multiple locations in case you have to redo this part)
  • Plug in your device
    • Click OK in the Toshiba installation once the device is recognized. Let all drivers install.
    • Restart your PC when prompted.
  • Install Vjoy
    • Once vjoy is installed(may need to reboot again??), type configure vjoy in search and open it.
    • Under basic axes, you want x, y, z, r/rz/rudder, u, and v.
    • Under POV Hat/Switch you want Continuous and 1 POVs
    • Number of buttons: I normally just go with 17 but you can go with less.
  • Connect your controller
    • Double click the Bluetooth logo in the taskbar.
    • Follow the instructions to sync the controller, press the sync button on the controller when asked.
  • Open WiinUPro
    • Click the check mark next to your Wii U Pro controller and choose joypad in the drop down box then connect.
    • Set ZR to +U joystick axis and ZL to +V joystick axis (if you plan on using Xinput enabled games)
    • Go to tools and open game controllers.
    • Highlight vjoy and click properties.
    • Go to settings and calibrate.
    • Use the left stick for the circles and press the B button to continue.
    • The Z Axis is up and down on right stick and Z Rotation is left and right on that stick.
    • Use ZL for U axis and ZR for V then finish the calibration
  • Congrats! Your controller is now configured as a basic game controller in Win7! See below for how to enable Xinput.
  • Open regedit.exe
    • Change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\system\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_1234&PID_BEAD\OEMName to "XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)" without quotations.
    • Repeat in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE directory.
    • Exit regedit.
  • Connect your controller, then open Vjoy and configure to the same as above, then open WiinUPro and configure to the same as above, minimize it.
  • Download x360ce and the libraries that correspond with your machine (go with 32bit then 64 if 32 gives you trouble)
    • Extract everything to the games install folder, where the .exe is. (you have to do this with any game you want to play with this) Open x360ce and click OK to recognize the game then save and exit.
    • Open x360ce.exe again and click OK on everything. Set the left Trigger to Sliders\Half\HSlider 1 and the right slider to Sliders\Half\HSlider 2.
    • Set Left Stick Axis X to axes\Axis 1 and the Y axis to axes\inverted\IAxis 2
    • Set right Stick Axis X to axes\Axes 6 and the Y axis to axes\Axis 3.
    • Use the record drop down option to set the remaining buttons, then save and close. Whenever you start the game, x360ce will open as well.
  • ENJOY!

Nokorobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I can connect the controller to my laptop successfully, however when I run the program, nothing seems to be working, as in I cant map the controls or the controller doesn't do anything but blink its LED's the program opens up with it so im assuming its picking it up however no inputs are being read.

Attachments

• picture 1.png
    picture 1.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 453

Krantoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there any way to save and LOAD profiles in vjoy? The problem is that I can save profiles, but can not load them at all. I'm tired of configuring manually the same again and again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol