Hacking Wii U System Update 5.1.1 is out now.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe that matters. PC's are smart enough to detect and use accordingly.

Also, if your PC and Wii U are on separate networks you can still host a proxy server on your PC and connect your Wii U to it via a public IP address.

As long as both devices can connect to the internet, you can setup a proxy. They don't have to share a subnet.

So bloody overwhelmed, don't know where to begin.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to go off at a bit of a tangent here lads, but I'm a bit on the sidelines with potential Wii U mode homebrew (plus I quite like the eShop for some strange reason!), so basically I'm not that fussed about this upgrade cocking that up. My softmodded vWii on the other hand - now that I don't really want to lose ....does anyone know if that's affected?
If no-one knows I'll risk it for a biscuit if you like - I do have 3 modded Wii's in the house anyway, but really I'd prefer to keep my vWii the same if possible...

EDIT: NVM I've seen the other topic about it, duh!

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So bloody overwhelmed, don't know where to begin.

Setup CCProxy or Anon Proxy Server on your PC. Allow required ports through firewall. Allow required ports through router. Get public IP address by typing into google from PC. Type that address into the Wii U proxy settings along with the port the proxy server uses. Configure the proxy server to block NUS.

As long as both devices can connect to the internet, you should be able to do that without any other hardware.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe that matters. PC's are smart enough to detect and use accordingly.

Also, if your PC and Wii U are on separate networks you can still host a proxy server on your PC and connect your Wii U to it via a public IP address.

As long as both devices can connect to the internet, you can setup a proxy. They don't have to share a subnet.
I didn't realize that, I recalled trying this before with PS3, and they wouldn't communicate with each other, at least till I used a crossover cable. The Network LED detected the PS3, but I guess the PS3 wasn't smart enough to communicate. So this pegs the question, is the WiiU smart enough or its adapter smart enough?
I was wondering if this setup would work for devices that does not even have proxy setting?

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
What proxy server are you using Oxy? I just set up Anon Proxy Server (because it was the first result) and blocked all hosts that are not 192.168.1.0/24. I haven't tried it yet, but that should allow me to access my private subnet where my webserver is located while blocking all other outbound connections.

I had previously just blocked my Wii U's MAC address for WAN in my router settings. But I like the proxy idea, because there is a "killswitch" and it might be helpful to other people if we create a tutorial.
I have a router which can block sites.
So it's not like Nintendo is just signing the hash value, under the assumption that you will not be able to generate a SHA1 hash collision with a modified executable?
That the standard practice. Decrypting stuff with asymmetric crypto takes too long. Making image with same hash is not achievable now.

That won't do me much good because A, the wireless here sucks big time, drops a lot, very unreliable, so it absolutely must be an Ethernet connection (much faster and more stable), a longer cable would work better, BUT, the router itself has no options for blacklisting because Google Fiber hasn't added that into the router firmware; so no, a wireless USB adapter is not ideal given the sheer no. of wireless devices in this building complex, too much interference, too much dropping and too unreliable. Ethernet or bust for my desktop ;) I'd have to set up a proxy via the Wii U if I can somehow get a hold of a super long CAT-6 cable, and network box has about four or so LAN ports, and would let me plug in just fine. That's the only situation unless I got a new router, which the Google rep said wouldn't cause issues, and blacklist the IP addresses that way, but for not, a longer Ethernet cable and setting up the Wii U to use the IPv4 address from my PC would be the cheapest solution. I refuse to get a USB wireless adapter. I had one last year and it sucked big time.
If you have 1 router what do you mean "jack to the wall". Does it just lead to google router? Wii U and PC should be in same network then.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a router which can block sites.
That the standard practice. Decrypting stuff with asymmetric crypto takes too long. Making image with same hash is not achievable now.

If you have 1 router what do you mean "jack to the wall". Does it just lead to google router? Wii U and PC should be in same network then.

Which they currently are not. What I mean is exactly what I said, there are two Ethernet jacks. My PC is too far from the Wii U and is not part of any network, it's its own connection, PC to Ethernet to wall jack. Wii U is on Google Fiber router, the PC and Wii U are not on the same network so I'd have to hook up my PC to the network box with a longer cable. I absolutely refuse to use a wireless adapter on my PC. Wii U and PC should be on same network, but it's not like that now.

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
Which they currently are not. What I mean is exactly what I said, there are two Ethernet jacks. My PC is too far from the Wii U and is not part of any network, it's its own connection, PC to Ethernet to wall jack. Wii U is on Google Fiber router, the PC and Wii U are not on the same network so I'd have to hook up my PC to the network box with a longer cable. I absolutely refuse to use a wireless adapter on my PC. Wii U and PC should be on same network, but it's not like that now.
That does not make any sense. Do you use 2 internet providers in home?
Ethernet wall jack have to go somewhere. Internet does not come from the walls :)

I suppose your PC connected to Google router through Ethernet and Wii U connected to the same router through Wi-Fi.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
LOL

I updated to 5.1.1 because I though Child of Light had DLC available (it said so in a website about Oculi crafting of the game)
How wrong I was...
Oh God, how wrong I was...

Hope this is not the black-line for Homebrew in Wii U or I am done for. XD

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does not make any sense. Do you use 2 internet providers in home?
Ethernet wall jack have to go somewhere. Internet does not come from the walls :)

I suppose your PC connected to Google router through Ethernet and Wii U connected to the same router through Wi-Fi.

Even I don't know how the hell it works, suffice to say, the PC is not connected to my router, because if it was, I'd be able to access my router from my desktop, which I can't, so Ethernet's the only way for me to go.

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My idea is: put your wii u and pc on the same network - wired or wireless. But you will use your pc as a gateway for Wii U connections. Your pc will share its connection with Wii U.

In order to do that, install a proxy app on your pc (ccpproxy for instance) and setup your wii u to connect through this proxy . On ccproxy, block the urls of nintendo servers and you are done.

Hope you understand me, and Sorry If I do sound dumb, I haven't read all the posts.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My idea is: put your wii u and pc on the same network - wired or wireless. But you will use your pc as a gateway for Wii U connections. Your pc will share its connection with Wii U.

In order to do that, install a proxy app on your pc (ccpproxy for instance) and setup your wii u to connect through this proxy . On ccproxy, block the urls of nintendo servers and you are done.

Hope you understand me, and Sorry If I do sound dumb, I haven't read all the posts.

Okay, so all I need now is a longer Ethernet cable, gotcha.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer Is your modem your router too? Can you not get your router into bridge mode? If so I would suggest you do so, then you can get a separate router that is compatible with dd-wrt. I have Comcast and the modem/router did not allow blocking IP's. I had to call them up and put it into bridge mode, and use the router I previouslt had. It worked out for the better anyways, as the old router has better transmission/reception than the Comcast one.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer Is your modem your router too? Can you not get your router into bridge mode? If so I would suggest you do so, then you can get a separate router that is compatible with dd-wrt. I have Comcast and the modem/router did not allow blocking IP's. I had to call them up and put it into bridge mode, and use the router I previouslt had. It worked out for the better anyways, as the old router has better transmission/reception than the Comcast one.

Yes, it acts as both, they call it a network box and is their own brand, and IP blacklisting doesn't work, the proxy server is my best bet, I don't think there's a bridge mode https://support.google.com/fiber/answer/2731879?hl=en&ref_topic=2731870

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But your farts no longer make a sound