Hacking Wii U System Update 5.5.3 released

hemi426

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Forgot to say I'm in the US, so it should be fine to just install and update with no worries, then? I'll have to look into Haxchi because I did hate how many times I had to try that first way before. Do you have a good reference for doing Haxchi or the old method that uses the browser? i'd just like to know how to do it again.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-community-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/
since you already hacked it you can also use nnu-patcher to acces eshop without updating.

gcunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having the same problem with Error Code 105-3015 while trying to install a Hyrule Warriors update. I was on 5.5.3 (patched to 99.99.99).

I've deleted and recreated the update folder and now my Wii U is updating as I type.

Thanks for this, and the OP who posted it earlier.
This solution by Xs4all worked for me with the 105-3015 error.

I had the same Error Code: 105-3015 message even though I had the update folder, in the past I did remove this folder to stop updates and added the update folder back ages ago with the correct FOLDER PERMISSIONS.

This is what I did to fix, hopefully it will work for you and others who have the same Error Code message.

- Boot into CFW and launch FTPiiU Everywhere
- User you preferred FTP client, I'm using FileZilla.
- Locate the update folder at the following location: /storage_mlc/sys
- Right Click on the update folder and select File permissions..., take note of the Numeric Value: 755.
- If you have deleted the update folder in the past and added it back again, chances are that you may have not changed the Numeric Value to 755, but in my case it was already set to 755.
- Delete the update folder.
- Re create the update folder.
- Right Click on the update folder and select File permissions..., and change the Numeric Value to 755 then click OK to save.
- Now reboot your WiiU console and try to do a system update again, this time around, it should start updating.

Reactions: MrCokeacola

thulsa18

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same Error Code: 105-3015 message even though I had the update folder, in the past I did remove this folder to stop updates and added the update folder back ages ago with the correct FOLDER PERMISSIONS.

This is what I did to fix, hopefully it will work for you and others who have the same Error Code message.

- Right Click on the update folder and select File permissions..., take note of the Numeric Value: 755.
- If you have deleted the update folder in the past and added it back again, chances are that you may have not changed the Numeric Value to 755, but in my case it was already set to 755.
- Right Click on the update folder and select File permissions..., and change the Numeric Value to 755 then click OK to save.
- Now reboot your WiiU console and try to do a system update again, this time around, it should start updating.

See how you go.

Thanks, that sorted it for me, and yes, I realise it is an old post, but I have not touched my Wii U for a few years

Reactions: xs4all

Stevenxlife

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

See how you go.

This did work for me!!

Reactions: xs4all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: No make a patty cake :blink: