Wii-U USA Details

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE 2: These are the known 100% for sure launch day (not launch "window") games (either Europe or USA, or both):
New Super Mario Bros U (Both 100%)
Nintendo Land (Both 100%)
FIFA 13 (Europe 100%, USA ?)
ZombiU (Europe 100%, USA 90%)
Rayman Legends (Both 100%)
Mass Effect 3 (Both 100%)
Nano Assault Hero (USA 100%, Europe ?)
Trine 2 (USA 100%, Europe ?)
Toki Tori 2 (USA 100%, Europe ?)
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Europe 100%, USA 90%)
Darksiders 2 (USA 100%, Europe ?)

UPDATE: The Wii-U Tablet Gamepads will NOT be sold seperatly in USA at first, to help boost Wii-U system production. http://www.ign.com/a...n-north-america But (Farnsworth) good news everybody!: No games take advantage of 2 of the gamepads in the foreseeable release date future (through March) for the Wii-U, so in other words, Nintendo is trying to save you money by not buying a gamepad you don't need.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu (Wait for the top screen to change)

North America gets it before(!) Japan, apparently, which according to this thread is launching it on December 8th. Europe gets it November 30th, so USA gets the first launch of the system entirely, and Japan gets it last. Nintendo seems to be going backwards for launches with this console.
gallery_89474_317_254771.png

Also, in the Deluxe Set, We get two things the JPN players do not get. An included copy of Nintendo Land, and the "Deluxe Digital Promotion", which lets you redeem "points for each digital download and redeem those points for future downloadable content from the Nintendo eShop".
hero_box.jpg

Price
$349.99*

Included in box:
Black Wii U Hardware with *32GB of Internal storage
Wii U GamePad and stylus
Sensor bar
HDMI® cable
AC Adapters for Console/Gamepad
* Nintendo Land video game
* Deluxe Digital Promotion
* Wii U GamePad Stand
* Wii U GamePad Cradle
* Wii U Console Stand

(* - Means not included in the Basic Set)

hero_box.jpg

Price
$299.99*

White Wii U Hardware with 8GB of Internal storage
Wii U GamePad and stylus
Sensor bar
HDMI® cable
AC Adapters for Console/Gamepad

controllerpro.jpg
Wii U Pro Controller
Enjoy precise button-based gameplay with this ergonomically designed controller.

stand.jpg
Wii U Console Stand
This accessory allows you to display your Wii U console in a vertical orientation, allowing it to fit comfortably in any home entertainment setup.
* - This item is included with the Deluxe Set.

cradleandstand.jpg
Wii U GamePad Stand / Cradle Set
Keep your Wii U GamePad fully charged and ready for action with the Wii U GamePad Cradle—and keep it close at hand with the Wii U GamePad Stand. This set is specially designed to keep the Wii U GamePad in an easy-to-view, upright position.
* - These items are included with the Deluxe Set.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If the European one is the same, it makes the Deluxe set much more enticing, I was gonna get the deluxe one anyway since well, black consoles ftw. xP

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm still unsure if I want to get one.

I really don't play games at all anymore. I barely get around to play my 3DS.

The higher model seems like the way to go, but I like the white more.

Hmmm... I decide closer to launch. We only received good news today.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not bad, not bad at all. I can see myself getting the Deluxe Set. Maybe the ZombiU set if that's coming to the US as well. Any confirmed pricing for the accessories such as the the Gamepad for the US? Or even if the Wii U can use more than one?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please clarify this internal storage situation for me. Is the storage a hard drive or a solid state drive? Just wondering if storage in the white and black units can be interchanged with the opposite color system.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please clarify this internal storage situation for me. Is the storage a hard drive or a solid state drive? Just wondering if storage in the white and black units can be interchanged with the opposite color system.

SSD as far as Nintendo have stated, as for changing them around, I thought it would be a cool idea to get more out of it but it is early days yet, there is probably some drm involved preventing it. Expansion though can be done via a USBStorage device though, probably formatted in Fat32

Reactions: 1 person

LINK289

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sooooooo.. Is it HDMI only? I have an hdmi tv in my room but if my brother and I want to each pay half for it he wouldn't be so happy to hear that we wouldn't be able to play out on the bigger SDTV in the living room o.o

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest..... the 50 dollars difference doesn't seems to much considering the pack-in game. Also.... black is sexier B-)

btw... I'm surprised by the amount of front news on the site regarding the Wii U.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Wii", in the USA, get it before "U", Japan hahaha

Anyways I'm not sure if I want one. The launch titles aren't really to my liking (barring NSMBU, can't say no to Mario and Goombas) and a good amount of the launch titles will have been released on other consoles a month before WiiU comes out.
Now, considering the bundles :

The black one is probably a better deal for getting more for your money, as the addons could easily cost over $50 separately:
+ Nintendo Land would be $50, maybe $40
+ Stands would cost $10-$20 each
+ Getting promo material is awesome (gotta be worth something good)
+ Additional storage space on an SSD (32GB SSD could easily cost $60+ alone)
Not that I need the extra storage (I have a 1TB USB Drive), but since the internal storage is an SSD I can't say it's a bad deal.
Not to mention the black one looks very sexy...if only the LEDs were red. I still need to see more games before I decide though.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well..... I'll be getting one, mainly because I get them all. That way I can play anything I want on any system. I'm a tech nut and want all this new stuff.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
$349 means €349 in Europe... My wallet says "ouch".
$349 = aprox. 270€

...but it rarely works that way, doesn't it? :P
Whoever does the conversions for Europe seems to be one lazy ass, we always get stuff with the same numbers in the price as the US...
Nintendo 3DS was 250$ which became 250€, PS3 was 599$ which became 599€... Damn... It really makes one cry. D=

Well, I'll eventually fork over the money like always, still, doesn't change the fact that Europeans pay way too much for games and consoles, I call it blatant discrimination! D

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1