Gaming Wii U VC's and WiiWare.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having went on the Nintendo Shop Channel recently, I noticed that there have not been near as many new releases as I had expected. And not only that, I noticed they are still releasing certain classics as virtual channels, without fixing their inherent flaws first.

As an example, Castlevania II was released... so why didn't they take the time to go back over the code and correct the translation issues, or better yet, just use Simon's Redaction and pay the guy for all his hard work. Mind you, I've created my own Simon's Redaction VC for the vWii, but still, this would be best if it was offered on the official channel, so the masses could experience this game in all it's corrected glory.

Likewise, why not release a translation of the Japanese versions of Castlevania and Castlevania III, or how about a bug corrected and re-translated version of Symphony of the Night Saturn Edition?

Konami has always played friendly with Nintendo, as have Capcom, so why few releases, and why so few from Nintendo? Likewise, one would think that with a console with so little downloadable content, that it would be a great opportunity for indie developers as currently there isn't too much out there for you work to get lost within. Or does it still cost to much to develop for Nintendo?

Last but not least, why isn't Nintendo them selves pushing out VC's ore Ware left and right? Why not some mini games, why not buy the rights to game from indie devs? Or how about push more N64 titles out as VC's, or GBA or Gamecube or re-written DSi titles for that matter? And surely the Wii could run some Dreamcast titles. Them and Sega are buddies so why not? And why isn't Sega reviving long dead Master System, Game Gear, and Genesis franchises through WiiWare and VC's?

Boggled, sincerely, it's like they don't want people's money.

On the other hand, look what all the Wii had....

I didn't realize there was so much.... so much that is utter CRAP, yet amidst all that, there are at least 50 to 100 MUST have titles!

Wii VC

http://www.nintendolife.com/vc/games?sort=system&region=usa

WiiWare

http://www.nintendolife.com/wiiware/games?region=usa&sort=rating

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the why Nintendo release Vc games the way they do, apparently it is so it is the same experience as it was on the original console, warts and all, even though some N64 games have had a few changes such as removing rumble pak, transfer, pak and memory card pak stuff due to Nintendo not being able to emulate it.

The lack of Vc on the Wii u? Fuck knows, it is pretty bad considering the Wii's vc had a lot more content at the same point in its life than the Wii u has now

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's like they never had a master plan. This time it seems more like a case of "we feel the urge to release updated technology" rather than, "we got some games in mind, but we need to build the technology to make them a reality". Then again, maybe that's just what the new Zelda, Brawl, and the like are about. Still though, VC's are easy to churn out, especially when they have access to the official tools to create them, probably easy as pie! And WiiWare, surely they could put together some small teams to church out some old school styled sequels to their classics, sort of like Capcom did with Megaman. I mean who wouldn't want a Yoshi' Island Sequel as WiiWare? A new Gyromite, top down Zelda using a modified Link to the past engine. Mother...

As you say, "Fuck knows". Sad though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9agLk1_faxk