Hardware Wii without GameCube port Wiimote sync problem

bostonBC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend gave me a modded Wii that he got on Craigslist that gives a blackscreen on boot with the letters '4.3(USA)' in the bottom right corner.

I managed to get it to boot into Priiloader v0.8(beta v3) by holding the reset button down when powering it on.

But it is one of the newer model Wii's without GameCube ports. And there are no synched Wiimotes so I don't have a way to control the menu or get it to sync to a new Wiimote.

I tried using one of the Wii U GameCube adapters but it doesn't work on the Wii so I have no way of launching anything or controlling the menu.

Any ideas short of soldering on a GameCube header? I could do that as a last resort but really don't want to.

TIA

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you have priiloader 0.3 installed. Daco added a way to get to the sysmenu
without
needing the GC controller. All you have to do is hold the reset button and wait
till
it gets to the Priiloader screen. Wait 15 seconds and hit reset again and then
it'll
boot to the sysmenu.

If you have 0.2 or below you will have to use a GC controller.
https://github.com/dacotaco/priiloader/issues/21#c23

I'm guessing you've tried button combos? Chances are it won't work anyways because the System Menu is probably not working to begin with.

If that doesn't work, it seems there's nothing you can do. Keep it for parts?

Last edited by YOUCANTSTOPME,

bostonBC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/dacotaco/priiloader/issues/21#c23

I'm guessing you've tried button combos? Chances are it won't work anyways because the System Menu is probably not working to begin with.

If that doesn't work, it seems there's nothing you can do. Keep it for parts?
Yeah, that just gets me to the black screen with '4.3(USA) in the bottom right corner. I need a way to run the HBC or a Homebrew app to reinstall the system menu. But I can't do that without a GameCube controller port or a sync'd Wiimote.

YOUCANTSTOPME

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did a little research on the matter myself. Seems you're SOL. I mean, if you had an old NAND backup and a hardware flasher, you could restore it. But that's not the case. It's bricked, cut your losses and keep it for parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol