Wii x Vita

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wouldn't say the Wii has a short or medium library. I would say that Wii has many unique games. For example: I own a 360 and, well, it has tons of games, but many of them are available for PC and PS3. With the wii to be fair it's a whole different story, it lacked titles but had many exclusive, games that you must have a Wii to play.

D

Deleted_171835

Those Vita pics are pretty much exactly like how it looks (Gravity Rush) on the system, anyone who says otherwise is delusional. Although that pic of Golden Abyss isn't the most flattering one, there are much better-looking areas. The Vita is really really powerful for a handheld but it's not similar in terms of power to the PS3/360. It's closer to the Xbox than it is to the PS3 and 360, just with modern shaders.

And on the topic of the Vita's resolution, I think Sony aimed too high. Considering half of the games don't even run at native resolution, the image quality for most games sucks. With a lower resolution, there would be no need to run games at a sub-native resolution and games would look better thanks to the decreased load on the GPU. Hell most games on the iPad have better IQ.

Don't lecture me on the Wii's library, I've had a Wii for quite some time now, I'm familiar with the library. What's good for you isn't necessarily good for everybody else. That said, I did enjoy a lot of titles you mention. It's a short list none the less though, considering how long the life cycle of this console was. What you consider a long list I consider to be a handful.
Aren't you and Guild just the most arrogant bunch I've ever seen. Stop treating your opinion like they're facts. While I'll admit that the Wii library isn't large compared to other consoles, there are a lot of great games available. It comes across as incredibly pretentious to say that the Wii only has platformers and that anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

And much larger than the Vita's game library, fact. What, you going to argue that I'm wrong now?

Reactions: Andim

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wouldn't say the Wii has a short or medium library. I would say that Wii has many unique games. For example: I own a 360 and, well, it has tons of games, but many of them are available for PC and PS3. With the wii to be fair it's a whole different story, it lacked titles but had many exclusive, games that you must have a Wii to play.
pc/xbox360 or ps3 doesnt have Rhythm Heaven Fever(AKA the best game ever)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Aren't you and Guild just the most arrogant bunch I've ever seen. Stop treating your opinion like they're facts. While I'll admit that the Wii library isn't large compared to other consoles, there are a lot of great games available. It comes across as incredibly pretentious to say that the Wii only has platformers and that anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

And much larger than the Vita's game library, fact. What, you going to argue that I'm wrong now?
You just re-phrased exactly what I said - that the library isn't very big however there are good games in it. That's all I said, literally. I also said it's bigger than the Vita's because it had more time to grow in size. Fact.

How can you misinterpret that?

Ya because god forbid someone disagrees with you right?
This kinda works both ways, y'know.

D

Deleted_171835

You just re-phrased exactly what I said - that the library isn't very big however there are good games in it. That's all I said, literally. I also said it's bigger than the Vita's because it had more time to grow in size. Fact.

How can you misinterpret that?
"What's good for you isn't necessarily good for everybody else."

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like how I'm accused for "treating my opinions like facts" when I didn't really state my opinion on this (eventually I did as a very "do whatever you want man" type of thing) and was stating a fact that GBAtemp is HEAVILY biased.

Stop being so ass frustrated.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like how I'm accused for "treating my opinions like facts" when I didn't really state my opinion on this (eventually I did as a very "do whatever you want man" type of thing) and was stating a fact that GBAtemp is HEAVILY biased.

Guild, I think me along with kind of everybody here, know you're going to say "pick vita" had it come down to that. And anybody who picked the Wii is dumb to you. You've done it in the past, quite heavily to be honest.

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My first try on comparing Wii and Vita graphics, since I didn't find similar games cause I'm a noob, I found scenes where the character is focused.

958780_20091113_640screen001.jpg

620273_20120213_640screen002.jpg

It's not a huge difference, but the Vita does actually look a lot better in every aspect

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
My first try on comparing Wii and Vita graphics, since I didn't find similar games cause I'm a noob, I found scenes where the character is focused.

[spoiler = "Wii - RE Darkside Chronicles"]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler = "PS Vita - Uncharted"]

[/spoiler]

It's not a huge difference, but the Vita does actually look a lot better in every aspect
I'd be very cautious about Vita screenshots you find on Google

Golden Abyss' promotion shots were released in 720p.
Yeah.
That said i think that screengrab is probably legit. The doctored ones are completely jaggy-free.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild, I think me along with kind of everybody here, know you're going to say "pick vita" had it come down to that. And anybody who picked the Wii is dumb to you. You've done it in the past, quite heavily to be honest.

Except I didn't and I said they're both worthy choices. When did I ever say "Not choosing the Vita makes you dumb" in this thread or any past ones?

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Except I didn't and I said they're both worthy choices. When did I ever say "Not choosing the Vita makes you dumb" in this thread or any past ones?

To be fair, although not completely innocent in other topics, Guild didn't do anything wrong this time. He answered the question clearly stating his opinion.

D

Deleted_171835

Back on topic...although I don't really see the point in this thread. Here are pics of the arguably best looking Wii and Vita games.

1321713-xenoblade_20landscape_1__super.png

2012-02-22-193751.jpg

If you like platformers, you get the Wii.

If you like anything else, you buy another console.

To jog your shockingly shitty memory.

RodrigoDavy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To jog your shockingly shitty memory.

Guess, I forgot this one xD
Well, when I see comments like this I just tend to ignore them, as they're usually just trolling/flaming :P

EDIT: By the way, is this Monster Hunter for the Wii? It looks just so good :lol: (Although I have the impression that the character models are poorly detailed even from the distance)

D

Deleted_171835

Guess, I forgot this one xD
Well, when I see comments like this I just tend to ignore them, as they're usually just trolling/flaming :P

EDIT: By the way, is this Monster Hunter for the Wii? It looks just so good :lol: (Although I have the impression that the character models are poorly detailed even from the distance)
It's Xenoblade. And yeah, the characters are pretty low-poly up-close. Although it's still amazing that they managed to get this much out of the Wii considering the scale of the game.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Let's see if we can sum up things so far :

Processor
Wii : PowerPC @ 729mhz + ARM @ 243mhz (1 core each, ARM used for OS)
Vita : ARM @ 2ghz (4 cores, 1 dedicated to OS)

(I know you can't EXACTLY compare clock speeds when they're different architectures but that many more cores with that much higher clock is enough to say the Vita wins this one.)

GPU
Wii : 1 core @ 243mhz
Vita : 4 cores @ 200mhz-ish

(I have even LESS to go on here since comparing GPU's is usually pointless without benchmarks so it's even harder here but if you add the fact that the Vita has the shaders and effects that the Wii doesn't, the numbers only help to show that the Vita is the winner here)

Screen
Wii : 480p, 480i or 576i @ 60/50hz highest resolution depending on how you look at it.
Vita : Max resolution of 960x544.

(A screen on the Wii is bigger and pixelation would be more noticeable but it has been pointed out that a lot of games don't use the screen's full resolution on the Vita whereas the the only games that use lower res on a Wii are emulated retro titles. It's really a toss-up here. I'm personally leaning slightly toward the Vita on this one just because it's not as important on a smaller screen but it could go either way.)

RAM
Wii : 96mb total RAM
Vita : 512mb RAM + 128mb VRAM

(Vita wins here, period)

Game media
Wii : variation on a DVD disk. most games use 4 1/2 gb disk but some use 9 gb disk.
Vita : currently biggest game cards are 4gb ... but later games could theoretically use larger ones.

(Loading times are faster on a ROM card but the Wii has capacity for price. Kinda a toss up here, too. I'm personally leaning toward the Vita because of the load times but that's arguable)

Game library
Wii : It's been around longer and has more games but they're not making any more.
Vita : It has less games but they WILL be making more.

(everyone has their own tastes as to which games are better. This one can go either way.)

Network
Wii : Wireless G
Vita : Wireless N + 3G

(Vita wins)

There are other factors that come into play, the Wii is hackable, the Vita is portable, SD vs. Memory Card, etc. OVERALL, it seems like the Vita wins, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: