Wii #XXXX - Super Mario Galaxy 2 (USA)

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nasune said:
So I just finished it (watching ending credits right now), and I must say 'tis a nice game but I am somewhat disseappointed by its shortness and easy difficulty. Doeas anyone else feel the same way?

WOW you already beat it..dang!! How many levels are there total?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come on abgx.net it shows a nuke sign next to this game..does that mean there is something wrong with it or is it still fine to play? It said something about M0-compression..does it mean it was compressed wrong?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This release is not nuked, but the other one is nuked because it's been scrubbed. That doesn't mean it's compressed wrongly, it just means it's compressed. Official scene releases must all be non-scrubbed.

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lakerfanalways said:
nasune said:
So I just finished it (watching ending credits right now), and I must say 'tis a nice game but I am somewhat disseappointed by its shortness and easy difficulty. Doeas anyone else feel the same way?

WOW you already beat it..dang!! How many levels are there total?

Six worlds and a special world

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smurphyzeke said:
Game is freezing for me at the Digga-Leg level when I get the star. This happen to anyone else?

I'm using GX right now

See that is what I worry about..that I might be playing the game and BAM it will freeze..that is why I want to be sure this game doesn't have any issues before I play it. It would be horrible to be playing the game and all of a sudden it just freezes and you have to do it all over again

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
This release is not nuked, but the other one is nuked because it's been scrubbed. That doesn't mean it's compressed wrongly, it just means it's compressed. Official scene releases must all be non-scrubbed.
This release is nuked too. "m0.compression" means that the group didn't compress the package, meaning it takes up more space than necessary. Scene rules are that you're supposed to use m1 (fastest) compression on releases to compress out trivially redundant data in order to keep the size down.

This doesn't mean there's a problem with the ISO, it only means they failed to follow the scene packing rules.

mixxxk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here. frozen after dragon fight wolrd one

EDIT - Fixed.

so when i got the game, i installed it directly to my hdd thru my pc using wbfs_inteligent_gui_v6.
i did not burn a disc.
i played up to the final boss on world one.... no music during that fight, and after beaten, black screen after i got the grand star....
tried other loaders, same thing.
so i took the ciso into Wii Backup Manager, and converted it into an iso.
after that was done, i opened WBFS Manager 3.0 and deleted the "smg2 more.ciso" and added my new "smg2 more.iso"
booted the game, flew thru the level, had background music during the boss fight, got star and moved on to a new world !
i hope this helped the few of u that are running into the same issue.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ViRGE said:
DeMoN said:
This release is nuked too. "m0.compression" means that the group didn't compress the package, meaning it takes up more space than necessary. Scene rules are that you're supposed to use m1 (fastest) compression on releases to compress out trivially redundant data in order to keep the size down.

This doesn't mean there's a problem with the ISO, it only means they failed to follow the scene packing rules.

Oh, the only reason why I was asking about the ISO itself was because I have been reading how some are saying that when they get to a certain part of the game it freezes..freezes here, freezes there so that makes me nervous since I don't want to play the game and then have to start from scratch if it freezes up. I have a soft modded Wii with firmware 4.0U and also I have the d2pro mod chip

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mixxxk said:

EDIT - Fixed.

so when i got the game, i installed it directly to my hdd thru my pc using wbfs_inteligent_gui_v6.
i did not burn a disc.
i played up to the final boss on world one.... no music during that fight, and after beaten, black screen after i got the grand star....
after that was done, i opened WBFS Manager 3.0 and deleted the "smg2 more.ciso" and added my new "smg2 more.iso"
booted the game, flew thru the level, had background music during the boss fight, got star and moved on to a new world !

Since you had this issue, did you burn the game originally when you had the freeze at that level or did you use USB to play this game? I burn all my games so just want to be sure I don't have this issue

mixxxk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
mixxxk said:

EDIT - Fixed.

i did not burn a disc.

Since you had this issue, did you burn the game originally when you had the freeze at that level or did you use USB to play this game? I burn all my games so just want to be sure I don't have this issue

all usb , no discs involved.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mixxxk said:
Lakerfanalways said:
mixxxk said:

EDIT - Fixed.

i did not burn a disc.

Oh Ok...so the ones that are having issues with this game freezing are playing it off of USB and not burning it to disc? And this freeze at the dragon lair world that some have issues with, since mine is on a burned disc I should not see this problem?

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading... This will hold me until either the BASARA3 Release in Japan or US on the Wii but im buying BASARA 3 for the PS3 cause im playing the 2nd Basara on the Wii

mixxxk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
mixxxk said:
Lakerfanalways said:
mixxxk said:

EDIT - Fixed.

i did not burn a disc.

Oh Ok...so the ones that are having issues with this game freezing are playing it off of USB and not burning it to disc? And this freeze at the dragon lair world that some have issues with, since mine is on a burned disc I should not see this problem?

not necessarily... it might have been an issue with the compression of the ciso.... so if on a disc, its still the same as on usb. .... which is why i added the steps i took to correct it. some ppl have the issue, some dont, and being theres a million diff ways to crack a wii now, who knows. .... try it and find out, and if u find urself at a black blank screen at the end of world one, follow my steps....
smile.gif

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mixxxk said:
Lakerfanalways said:
mixxxk said:
Lakerfanalways said:
mixxxk said:

EDIT - Fixed.

i did not burn a disc.

not necessarily... it might have been an issue with the compression of the ciso.... so if on a disc, its still the same as on usb. .... which is why i added the steps i took to correct it. some ppl have the issue, some dont, and being theres a million diff ways to crack a wii now, who knows. .... try it and find out, and if u find urself at a black blank screen at the end of world one, follow my steps....
smile.gif

Ok so when you say end of world 1..do you mean the level that is called "Saddle up with yoshi" someone online posted a video..I will see what happens and hopefully I wont have any issue..if I do..boy I have no idea how to do that fix that you posted above..When I downloaded the game it was already in an iso format..not ciso..never even heard of that.. I do have Wii Backup manager..or backup launcher, dont know if that is the same thing..I guess I should play the game first and see if I get stuck on world 1..if its gonna happen I guess its gonna happen there right? not somewhere else in the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: