Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll test it and if all works fine then, yes

post your syscheck
How does one run syscheck?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw i am using usb loader gx latest version because wii flow doesn't find my games. I have the old wii flow version tho

mrmpdale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read a lot and I am thankful for everything everyone has made. I just have a few more things I like to do that would get wiiflow perfect for me in my mind if that is possible. If you can answer any of these questions please do.

First off, when I use the CSP2 plugin it takes me to retroarch and then I can load the CSP2 game but it will never load automatically. All my other plugins load the game, so I am unsure if something is wrong here or this is just how it is for everyone.

Second, I have questions about wii u pro controller emulator support. I prefer this controller when it is available. I wish it was available for every emulator but it isn't. But the ones it is available for I like to get to work with wiiflow. Now, Nintendont already has it. I have also managed to get genesis plus gx to work in wiiflow by replacing the dol with a version that has wii u pro controller. Now I tired the same thing for fcgeux with the updated dol from fix94. However, it no longer auto load games when you use this dol. Since the snes, and vbax are similar I think it probably do the same there but I haven't tested it on those two. Is there anyway or any fixes to allow wiiflow to not only boot the nes, snes, gameboy, and playstation games but to use the wii u pro controller too? This be ideal for me but if there is a way I can not figure it out.

Third, this is a very minor issue but I am curious if anyone has experienced it. If anyone has a fix that be even better. I have tired to load N64 games in wiiflow from both the SD and USB. But, specific games crash in the same place no matter if I use the SD or USB. For example Star Fox 64 always crashes after starting game when narrator starts reading towards end of line when first starting game. Now, Star Fox will do this outside wiiflow with the emulator in USB but not SD! I was hoping to load my N64 games from SD in wiiflow but it still did not work, like it did in the emulator by itself. It did the same thing as USB. But when using the emulator alone star fox will work when ran from sd. So I am confused about it. For now, I just play games in wiiflow for n64 from usb and if they give me problems I load the emulator from my sd card and play the game from there. This isn't ideal but it is what I do. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

So, these are the 3 problems I have left after working on this for months. I have a setup I like a lot but if I could solve any of these issues it get better so if anyone has ideas for any of these let me know please. I have read through about everything I can and since I can't code myself I am stuck at this point. I am hoping someone has some solutions to some of this.

Thank you in advance to any one who can help.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I have read a lot and I am thankful for everything everyone has made. I just have a few more things I like to do that would get wiiflow perfect for me in my mind if that is possible. If you can answer any of these questions please do.

First off, when I use the CSP2 plugin it takes me to retroarch and then I can load the CSP2 game but it will never load automatically. All my other plugins load the game, so I am unsure if something is wrong here or this is just how it is for everyone.

Second, I have questions about wii u pro controller emulator support. I prefer this controller when it is available. I wish it was available for every emulator but it isn't. But the ones it is available for I like to get to work with wiiflow. Now, Nintendont already has it. I have also managed to get genesis plus gx to work in wiiflow by replacing the dol with a version that has wii u pro controller. Now I tired the same thing for fcgeux with the updated dol from fix94. However, it no longer auto load games when you use this dol. Since the snes, and vbax are similar I think it probably do the same there but I haven't tested it on those two. Is there anyway or any fixes to allow wiiflow to not only boot the nes, snes, gameboy, and playstation games but to use the wii u pro controller too? This be ideal for me but if there is a way I can not figure it out.

Third, this is a very minor issue but I am curious if anyone has experienced it. If anyone has a fix that be even better. I have tired to load N64 games in wiiflow from both the SD and USB. But, specific games crash in the same place no matter if I use the SD or USB. For example Star Fox 64 always crashes after starting game when narrator starts reading towards end of line when first starting game. Now, Star Fox will do this outside wiiflow with the emulator in USB but not SD! I was hoping to load my N64 games from SD in wiiflow but it still did not work, like it did in the emulator by itself. It did the same thing as USB. But when using the emulator alone star fox will work when ran from sd. So I am confused about it. For now, I just play games in wiiflow for n64 from usb and if they give me problems I load the emulator from my sd card and play the game from there. This isn't ideal but it is what I do. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

So, these are the 3 problems I have left after working on this for months. I have a setup I like a lot but if I could solve any of these issues it get better so if anyone has ideas for any of these let me know please. I have read through about everything I can and since I can't code myself I am stuck at this point. I am hoping someone has some solutions to some of this.

Thank you in advance to any one who can help.
1. Retroarch autoboot games just fine, like any other plugin. make sure you didn't mess with plugin ini files
2. I know everybody wants WUP support for emulators but I don't have one to test so I didn't work on it
3. we have two N64 dols (original Wii64 and Not64) in the pack I have not64 but you can try the other dol

mrmpdale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I haven't messed with the csp2 plugin. I have others for the rom paths and cover paths. Those worked fine though. There was no problems with wiiflow finding covers or game files. This one I just left it alone though and put the files in your default paths. However, I start game from wiiflow and it goes to retroarch with the alpa burn csp2 core. Then I can use retroarch and go to where game is and load it and it works just fine. Only reason I like to fix this is because 1) it is quicker it doing the right way of course and 2) I let my kids use this and loading the game from retroarch is a little complicated for them. They are younger kids.

My csp2 plugin looks like this: (games are in right directory fba_alpha/roms/CPS2. They wouldn't even show up in wiiflow if they were not)

[PLUGIN]
displayname=FBA CPS2
magic=43505332
coverfolder=retroarch
dolfile=retroarch-wii/fba_cores_cps2.dol
romdir=fba_alpha/roms/CPS2
filetypes=.zip
consolecoverid=
covercolor=ffffff
bannersound=CPS2.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}

2. As for wii u pro controller if the only thing stopping you from doing that is not having one I can buy you one. I don't have the knowledge but little things like this money wise I can do to advance the project. If you are serious and like to add that support just give me your paypal and I will send over 50.00 for you to purchase it, or I can purchase it myself and ship it to your address; whatever you prefer. If that is all it is. I know this stuff takes time and if that is honestly it I will send it over. I really wish I could play with the controller with everything but regular wii games of course. Some emulators it was never developed for, but it e nice to get the ones that it has been working in wiiflow to launch game directly. But don't feel pressured if that is the only reason and there are more. This is just something I really like myself and since I wouldn't even know where to start with it I am willing. I know a little java barely. But this is way beyond anything I know. I wouldn't even know where to start.

3. I don't know how much other people tested but the orginal n64 emulator never worked properly with star fox 64 for me at least. If you could get it to work at all it was so slow it was annoying. NOT64 fixed that but it only works from SD correctly with my tests. I am unsure why it doesn't work from wiiflow at least in SD mode. It crashes in wiiflow just like I was running off USB. I was just wondering if anyone had similar problems or fixes. I thought it was very weird I couldn't get it to work running the game from SD in wiiflow. To me it would act the same as just using the emulator stand alone and running it from ds. But something is running differently obviously because it crashes in same place as it would trying to run it from usb.

Sorry if I had a lot of questions but these are things that have been on my mind for awhile and I have yet to find solutions for. I have had much much more problems then this setting this whole thing up but through searching and lots of reading I have solved all those problems except these. And I guess the wii u pro controller really isn't a problem but it is a personal preference. I wish I could use that controller on all the emulators now that I have it.

Anyway, thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
1. I haven't messed with the csp2 plugin. I have others for the rom paths and cover paths. Those worked fine though. There was no problems with wiiflow finding covers or game files. This one I just left it alone though and put the files in your default paths. However, I start game from wiiflow and it goes to retroarch with the alpa burn csp2 core. Then I can use retroarch and go to where game is and load it and it works just fine. Only reason I like to fix this is because 1) it is quicker it doing the right way of course and 2) I let my kids use this and loading the game from retroarch is a little complicated for them. They are younger kids.

My csp2 plugin looks like this: (games are in right directory fba_alpha/roms/CPS2. They wouldn't even show up in wiiflow if they were not)

[PLUGIN]
displayname=FBA CPS2
magic=43505332
coverfolder=retroarch
dolfile=retroarch-wii/fba_cores_cps2.dol
romdir=fba_alpha/roms/CPS2
filetypes=.zip
consolecoverid=
covercolor=ffffff
bannersound=CPS2.ogg
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}

2. As for wii u pro controller if the only thing stopping you from doing that is not having one I can buy you one. I don't have the knowledge but little things like this money wise I can do to advance the project. If you are serious and like to add that support just give me your paypal and I will send over 50.00 for you to purchase it, or I can purchase it myself and ship it to your address; whatever you prefer. If that is all it is. I know this stuff takes time and if that is honestly it I will send it over. I really wish I could play with the controller with everything but regular wii games of course. Some emulators it was never developed for, but it e nice to get the ones that it has been working in wiiflow to launch game directly. But don't feel pressured if that is the only reason and there are more. This is just something I really like myself and since I wouldn't even know where to start with it I am willing. I know a little java barely. But this is way beyond anything I know. I wouldn't even know where to start.

3. I don't know how much other people tested but the orginal n64 emulator never worked properly with star fox 64 for me at least. If you could get it to work at all it was so slow it was annoying. NOT64 fixed that but it only works from SD correctly with my tests. I am unsure why it doesn't work from wiiflow at least in SD mode. It crashes in wiiflow just like I was running off USB. I was just wondering if anyone had similar problems or fixes. I thought it was very weird I couldn't get it to work running the game from SD in wiiflow. To me it would act the same as just using the emulator stand alone and running it from ds. But something is running differently obviously because it crashes in same place as it would trying to run it from usb.

Sorry if I had a lot of questions but these are things that have been on my mind for awhile and I have yet to find solutions for. I have had much much more problems then this setting this whole thing up but through searching and lots of reading I have solved all those problems except these. And I guess the wii u pro controller really isn't a problem but it is a personal preference. I wish I could use that controller on all the emulators now that I have it.

Anyway, thanks for your time. I appreciate it.
here are the cps2 ini/dol files I use and that work fine for me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/egwm5omkhojqr2z/cps2loader.rar?dl=0
replace the ones on your device and check'em out
Due to lack of time, it is unlikely that I'll add WUP, however Fix94 made many dols with WUP support, so check'em out in his Sig
As for N64 you better post your issue in Not64 thread in Emulation/Homebrew section
Good luck

mrmpdale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try your files for cps2 and see what happens. Thank you very much.

As for fix94's dol I tried the one for fcgeux but it didn't autoload game. It just takes me to his loader and then I have to manually load game. That was the problem. I have not tried the other two for snes and vbagx though.

mrmpdale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AbdallahTerro , I replaced the csp2 fies with the ones you provided. It is still doing same thing. I launch game it goes to retroarch. I then have to relaunch game in retroarch and then it works.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
AbdallahTerro , I replaced the csp2 fies with the ones you provided. It is still doing same thing. I launch game it goes to retroarch. I then have to relaunch game in retroarch and then it works.
then might be a magic number/ duplicate ini issue
check plugin ini files or try the cps2 dol on a clean setup using a formatted usb pen with clean wiiflow and one rom

mrmpdale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did rearrange the source_menu.ini so everything I use in on the first page. I don't see how I mess it up but to check underneath the button I put it it should say
image=CPS2.png
image_s=CPS2b.png
title=CPS Two
source=plugin
magic=43505332
emuflow=3

and no it isn't twice in the source.ini : I simply moved what was on the first page that I didn't want to the slots I did want on first page. Everything else works.

When you say checking for duplicate dol/ini you are referring to just the fba_cps2.ini and fba_cores_cps2.dol correct? So I need to make sure there is only one of those and check and make sure the fba_cps2.ini has same magic number as what is in source menu.ini which should be 43505332? Is that right?

Also, as to fix94's wii u pro controller versions. Is there something I am doing wrong there.Because they are unable to lauch the game directly. They just go into the loader when you click a game. I was unsure because if it was that they were incompatible or something I am doing wrong. Everything, else like I said works fine.

I can use your dols and launch all games but cps2. So, my only problem is the cps2 and maybe the fix94 if it was written to be able to auto launch game. I just don't know because it is first time setting up.

Thanks.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did rearrange the source_menu.ini so everything I use in on the first page. I don't see how I mess it up but to check underneath the button I put it it should say
image=CPS2.png
image_s=CPS2b.png
title=CPS Two
source=plugin
magic=43505332
emuflow=3

and no it isn't twice in the source.ini : I simply moved what was on the first page that I didn't want to the slots I did want on first page. Everything else works.

When you say checking for duplicate dol/ini you are referring to just the fba_cps2.ini and fba_cores_cps2.dol correct? So I need to make sure there is only one of those and check and make sure the fba_cps2.ini has same magic number as what is in source menu.ini which should be 43505332? Is that right?

Also, as to fix94's wii u pro controller versions. Is there something I am doing wrong there.Because they are unable to lauch the game directly. They just go into the loader when you click a game. I was unsure because if it was that they were incompatible or something I am doing wrong. Everything, else like I said works fine.

I can use your dols and launch all games but cps2. So, my only problem is the cps2 and maybe the fix94 if it was written to be able to auto launch game. I just don't know because it is first time setting up.

Thanks.
Why don't you try the latest stable builds of the cores. I have 1.2.2. and all seems to work great. now i see they released 1.3.0.

here's the link - http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/

clink on the version and then choose wii on the next page. put the cores in wiiflow/plugins/retroarch-wii/
you don't have to use all of them but you may have to rename them to match the one you are replacing. try the cps2 one first.

hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3