Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar problem a while back. The culprit for me were a bunch of 0kb ghost cache files that had been created at some point. Once I deleted all the 0kb cache files, everything worked again.

Unfortunately I don't seem to have the same issue. I cleared out my entire cache file and rebuilt it, and it still froze. In fact it freezes more often, when loading banners now. After letting it sit for ages and freezing every 3 minutes, it no longer freezes since it created the entire cache.

I'm using Hermes IOS222, so it might be a contributing factor (or not). I might end up going with d2x, but my HDD falls asleep and doesn't work properly with it, so I might need to buy a new HDD.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a HDD that will work well with WiiFlow? Price doesn't really matter to me...

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I don't seem to have the same issue. I cleared out my entire cache file and rebuilt it, and it still froze. In fact it freezes more often, when loading banners now. After letting it sit for ages and freezing every 3 minutes, it no longer freezes since it created the entire cache.

I'm using Hermes IOS222, so it might be a contributing factor (or not). I might end up going with d2x, but my HDD falls asleep and doesn't work properly with it, so I might need to buy a new HDD.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a HDD that will work well with WiiFlow? Price doesn't really matter to me...

I had a similar issue about a year ago and it turned out one of the image JPG's was corrupt and even after deleting the cache files it recreated a bad cache file from the bad JPG... GIGO :)

Solution was to delete all the images and then re-download them. A PITA but it worked.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a small application which might interest a few people I just wrote, I called it WiiFlow Start Configurator.
Basically it allows you to edit your cIOS and HDD port settings separately from wiiflow, meaning if you do have problems booting up wiiflow you can just use this application to enable force cIOS Mode and change the cIOS used for it or change your HDD Port settings if your other USB Port is broken. You can download it on mediafire:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/o4kj8iyw2iie1/Downloads
Sorry, no google code downloads anymore (thanks google for removing that feature).

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I'm having a problem with v4.2.1. I cannot get it to run Wii Sports Resort. It just black screens me.

Initially I updated by just overwriting the three files in the apps folder. Then I cleared the cache. Then I tried deleting wiiflow.ini. Then I tried deleting usb1:/wiiflow and all other files in apps and it was the same every time. Each time I downloaded the covers (when necessary) before running Sports Resort. Then I tried deleting everything again and I could run Sports Resort, but the minute I downloaded the covers Wiiflow black screened on starting Sports resort.

I will try later to revert to 4.2 but I'm out of time tonight.

TIA,
Nick

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I'm having a problem with v4.2.1. I cannot get it to run Wii Sports Resort. It just black screens me.

Initially I updated by just overwriting the three files in the apps folder. Then I cleared the cache. Then I tried deleting wiiflow.ini. Then I tried deleting usb1:/wiiflow and all other files in apps and it was the same every time. Each time I downloaded the covers (when necessary) before running Sports Resort. Then I tried deleting everything again and I could run Sports Resort, but the minute I downloaded the covers Wiiflow black screened on starting Sports resort.

I will try later to revert to 4.2 but I'm out of time tonight.

TIA,
Nick

You need to copy ALL FILES from the 4.2.1 zip INCLUDING the folders, not just the 3 files in order to run 4.2.1 properly.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a similar issue about a year ago and it turned out one of the image JPG's was corrupt and even after deleting the cache files it recreated a bad cache file from the bad JPG... GIGO :)

Solution was to delete all the images and then re-download them. A PITA but it worked.

I'll try redownloading WiiFlow entirely then

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try redownloading WiiFlow entirely then
It wouldn't be a matter of re-d/loading WiiFlow, if u have a corrupt PNG/JPG you'll need to delete & replace the files in your box covers/covers folder. Wii backup manager can quickly and easily replace all the covers you have on your drive to make sure that isn't the problem.

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to copy ALL FILES from the 4.2.1 zip INCLUDING the folders, not just the 3 files in order to run 4.2.1 properly.
Sorry, bad report. I meant I copied all files in apps including the sub-folders. What is not in the 4.2.1 zip file is a /wiiflow folder so I've tried re-using the old one and deleting the old one. I've at times deleted /apps/wiiflow and /wiiflow together effectively giving a fresh install. That is when I found I could use Sports Resort until I downloaded the covers.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to request the option to disable all controllers other than player 1, so little children and other a$$holes can't phuck $hit up when you're trying to select a game. Just sayin.:glare:

i totally agree, i try to give my son a remote that is not sync'd but hell no he ain't having that. he just switches the flow mode over and over until i finally stop him and pick a game.

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, bad report. I meant I copied all files in apps including the sub-folders. What is not in the 4.2.1 zip file is a /wiiflow folder so I've tried re-using the old one and deleting the old one. I've at times deleted /apps/wiiflow and /wiiflow together effectively giving a fresh install. That is when I found I could use Sports Resort until I downloaded the covers.
This is 100% reproduceable. If I update /apps/wiiflow and /wiiflow to 4.2.1, Sports Resort black screens. If I then replace /apps/wiiflow with 4.2 (/wiiflow does not exist in the 4.2 download) so it is still using the /wiiflow from 4.2.1, Sports Resort launches. It also launched with the /wiiflow created by 4.2. I have not tried the cover download bit again.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I think u need a fully clean install. rename your /wiiflow to /wiiflow 4.2.1 then do a fresh install of 4.2.1, obviously you won't have any covers, try to launch Wii Sports Resort. If it launches d/load the cover for it, launch it again. If it works, delete the /wiiflow created used by 4.2.1 and try rename /wiiflow 4.2.1 back to /WiiFlow.

If the game does not launch then your /wiiflow has some form of incompatible settings. you can try to delete your settings folder and see if that helps otherwise you'll have to let WiiFlow 4.2.1 create your /wiiflow folder and redo your settings and let wiibackup manager re-install your covers for a quick and easy setup.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've purchased a new HDD that won't spin down.

I haven't had to softmod my Wii for a long time, but what cIOS should I be using? What base should I be using, and are there any very good (and moderately safe) IOS installation tools that I should have now?

I have some cIOS already installed, and I can provide a list of what I have. o:

Soupaman66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've purchased a new HDD that won't spin down.

I haven't had to softmod my Wii for a long time, but what cIOS should I be using? What base should I be using, and are there any very good (and moderately safe) IOS installation tools that I should have now?

I have some cIOS already installed, and I can provide a list of what I have. o:

About the shutdown problem. Did you find a control panel for your hdd? I had this issue with a seagate hdd and found out theres an app on the pc from their site where you can change the settings of the hdd to tell it not to sleep.

A good place to start is this site.
https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/
When I rehacked my wii, I just followed this and I'm back to the state I was.
If you just want to get that cios thing then just do this page
https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

Reactions: MassiveRican

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think u need a fully clean install. rename your /wiiflow to /wiiflow 4.2.1 then do a fresh install of 4.2.1, obviously you won't have any covers, try to launch Wii Sports Resort. If it launches d/load the cover for it, launch it again. If it works, delete the /wiiflow created used by 4.2.1 and try rename /wiiflow 4.2.1 back to /WiiFlow.

If the game does not launch then your /wiiflow has some form of incompatible settings. you can try to delete your settings folder and see if that helps otherwise you'll have to let WiiFlow 4.2.1 create your /wiiflow folder and redo your settings and let wiibackup manager re-install your covers for a quick and easy setup.
Been there and done it if you read my post. I've deleted both /apps/wiiflow and /wiiflow. The /wiiflow folder created by 4.2.1 works fine with 4.2 and Sports Resort. I just cannot get 4.2.1 to work with Sports Resort. I can test again if it is a cover issue - I've already downloaded them again (a few times) into fresh /wiiflow folders.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been there and done it if you read my post. I've deleted both /apps/wiiflow and /wiiflow. The /wiiflow folder created by 4.2.1 works fine with 4.2 and Sports Resort. I just cannot get 4.2.1 to work with Sports Resort. I can test again if it is a cover issue - I've already downloaded them again (a few times) into fresh /wiiflow folders.

I admit I'm too lazy to read all of your posts, but maybe its banner related? Maybe its hard drive/sd card related? When the code changes sometimes little things go crazy, I have four Wiis now and each one acts a little different due to different hardware on each one.

If possible quote your last post so we know what you are doing. I kinda understand it but what you are doing still sounds confusing...but if I understand it 4.2.1 clean install does not boot Wii Sports Resort but 4.2 does. Replacing the 4.2.1 boot.dol with the 4.2 dol works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.