WiiKey update 1.9g released

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I've never updated my wiikey before. I heard we need to use gamecube remote controller in order to update the wiikey 1.9g. Is it true? Can i just use the wiimote controller?

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about the update trick. After you do it, does the game ask to update again when you power on, or does it believe the update succeeded?

And to use the reset button, do a short press to move down the list of options, and a long press (2 or 3 seconds) to activate the current option.

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never updated my wiikey before. I heard we need to use gamecube remote controller in order to update the wiikey 1.9g. Is it true? Can i just use the wiimote controller?

nope you dont need a gamecube controller, i posted a few posts back on this one. once you load the program it says "press A or reset" if you don't have a cube controller on hand, just press the reset button on your wii itself. works like a champ
smile.gif

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about the update trick. After you do it, does the game ask to update again when you power on, or does it believe the update succeeded?

my understanding of the trick you're talking about, is that you get 2 copies of the game. One without any modification, and one with brickblocker (removes the update).

insert the non-modified disc and start the update, power down the console at 10-15% and then use the brickblocker one to actually play the game.

not sure where i'm going, but i'm assuming that you need the brickblocker one because it DOESN'T believe it succeeded, however it puts enough of the update on the system to trick the game to play anyway. i dunno i'm confused and tired trying to do my part
wink.gif

ricadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

nope you dont need a gamecube controller, i posted a few posts back on this one. once you load the program it says "press A or reset" if you don't have a cube controller on hand, just press the reset button on your wii itself. works like a champ
smile.gif

Thanks for your reply. Sorry in case you have posted it earlier? Have u updated ur wiikey already? Is ur smg working? Any double channel?

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i updated my wiikey a bit ago, worked like a charm.

haven't had a chance to try SMG yet though, but as far as the double channels thing goes i wouldn't get them anyway, i have a NTSC-U wii. sorry mate

Meta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
By the way do you still need GCOS for booting the config disc 1.3? Do you need to run regionfrii over the brickblocked iso is region free is turned off?

no1r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you update ?

when i burn the pal iso on a dvd and put it in my wii,
the wii didn't find any dvd.

when i fake the filesize of the pal.iso with filechop.
wii see's a GC dvd and when i press start, there's only a black screen O.o

Hogmeister

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no1r in your case, i believe you need to turn on regionfree in your wiikey using the wiikey config disc 1.3 that was released around the same time the 1.9b upgrade was posted.

but i COULD be wrong, i'd be willing to bet thats what it is though from everything i was reading about it

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I don't know why people bother asking this...The only time you should worry about updates on a game disc is if you are playing a game from a different region. NTSC/US Wii's can take the SMG update without any sort of "15%" shit, just like it's a retail disc.

I also think it's interesting that people would say things like "suck on that nintendo!" when you are playing a Nintendo product, and probably the biggest game of the year. I'd expect that phrase on an xbox or ps3 forum... :\

But that's just me.

Despite all that, I'm glad the wiikey update is here
smile.gif

Dwaalspoor98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also think it's interesting that people would say things like "suck on that nintendo!" when you are playing a Nintendo product, and probably the biggest game of the year. I'd expect that phrase on an xbox or ps3 forum... :\

But that's just me.

Despite all that, I'm glad the wiikey update is here
smile.gif

Nice Said!!!

RolandGilead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
got the same problem as no1r. Maybe its because I still have Wiikey 1.2 installed. Do I need to do an upgrade to 1.3 and then another uprade to 1.9b in order to install 1.9g? Because there is no setup disc for 1.9b available

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
got the same problem as no1r. Maybe its because I still have Wiikey 1.2 installed. Do I need to do an upgrade to 1.3 and then another uprade to 1.9b in order to install 1.9g? Because there is no setup disc for 1.9b available
Same question... do i need to upgrade the 1.3 config and 1.9b before I upgrade to 1.9g?

RolandGilead

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dammit please tell me what am I doing wrong? I also cannot install the 1.3 firmware. The Wii won't recognize the disc!
I just burned the image for my PAL Wii on a DVD with Nero (of course as an image)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: