Hacking Wiinja install, be careful using hot glue!

jpx86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This applies to any modchip really. When I installed my wiinja at first I applied hot glue over the points before testing... bad idea. One of my connection was loose I guess and it didn't work. Trying to pick that stuff off the board is possible, but it is really hard to get it up easily. When I finally pulled up some of it, it pulled up one wire and pulled off the pad I had soldered to! Luckily you can follow the trace up to the Panasonic chip and solder directly to it. Works great now, just tried Trauma Center and Warioware on Imation 16x dvd-r burned at 8x speed.

If you are going to use hot glue to cover the solder points, I highly recommend you test first!!!

jpx86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes just use electrical tape! I have done PS1, 2, and xbox installs and never used hot glue before. The only reason I did this time was because I had time on my hands yesterday evening and I couldn't pick up my chip from the post office until today... so I saw a lot of videos with people doing it, so I did to. Bad idea.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have found that the hot glue isn't that hard to remove. It might be different on circuit boards. Everything its gone on for me it easily comes off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D