PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've also had the sound completely stop but was unable to reproduce it. I suspect it might have to do with quickly loading another game

It has happened to me twice now. Both times with Driver 2 (USA 1.1)

Also, does anyone know what the fast Load option is?
And, does this emulator use the 'frame-duping' option that the retroarch version has? Some modern emulators have this feature. thought the naming is sometimes different.

Last edited by _47iscool,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
It has happened to me twice now. Both times with Driver 2 (USA 1.1)

Also, does anyone know what the fast Load option is?
And, does this emulator use the 'frame-duping' option that the retroarch version has? Some modern emulators has this feature. thought the naming is sometimes different.

Fast load will load the game a little bit faster, it's only really noticable in games with obscenely long loading times though like Lego Island 2. Every other game I've tried it with seems to be mostly the same and since it can indeed break compatibility sometimes it's recommended not to use it, though mostly every game I've tried runs fine with it on except for devil dice NTSC version. Just something to keep in mind.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Fast load will load the game a little bit faster, it's only really noticable in games with obscenely long loading times though like Lego Island 2. Every other game I've tried it with seems to be mostly the same and since it can indeed break compatibility sometimes it's recommended not to use it, though mostly every game I've tried runs fine with it on except for devil dice NTSC version. Just something to keep in mind.
yeah Fast Load is only reserved for games which really really have long, long loading times (LEGO Island 2, Parasite Eve, X2 - No Relief, etc.)

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried the latest version of Wiistation, what can I say, awesome job!
The support for the lightgun is something incredible, and I can finally play games like Oddworld Abe's on my Wii without those glitches
I also managed to get Ronaldo V-Football working, finally patching the SBI file inside the ROM, but there is a big problem: after a few seconds from the start of a match, the game slows down to the point of being unplayable, this lasts for 4/5 seconds and then the speed returns to normal, but this repeats all the time
In addition to this, there are some games that I had already listed a few days ago, which continue to not work or give problems
F1 2000 on this version of the emulator it doesn't get past the first screen (unlike the PALversion which has SBI protection, the NTSC has no protection, so it depends on the emulator) THIS IS FOOTBALL 2 keeps crashing as soon as you give the ok to start a match, BEDLAM continues to have serious graphical glitches and it is not possible to see the menu and WWF IN YOUR HOUSE continues to have major graphical glitches during matches
If there is anyone who knows the reason for these problems and could solve them it would be fantastic, especially for F1 and TIF2 which would complete my collection of PS1 games for the Wii

Reactions: BoozUchiha

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So if I am reading this correctly, it disables the read delay.

In other words, its the same option I asked to be added back into NIntendont.
When ND first came out there was no read delay, then it was added to read games more accurately like a real console. I asked if we could have an option for it. Games like NFSUG2 benefit from it because otherwise, even on real hardware, this game loads very slowly.

When I saw the option on WiiStation I thought it was kind of patch or something to boot the game faster.

I was also wondering if a hardware accelerated video plugin will be added. I am not asking anyone to add it, just curious. It would help games like Spyro run full speed with dithering enabled.
Though I can't really see any difference much with it on or off with this particular game.
I usually keep it on unless the game is too slow. Rainbow banding on PS games is quite ugly.

I mean rainbow banding was an issue on the Sega MD when certain hardware aged. Capacitors I think.

Last edited by _47iscool,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
So if I am reading this correctly, it disables the read delay.

So in other words, its the same option I asked to be added back into NIntendont.
When ND first came out there was no read delay, then it was added to read games more accurately like a real console. I asked could we have an option for it. Games like NFSUG2 benifit from it because otherwise, even on real hardware, this game loads very slowly.

When I saw the option on WiiStation I thought it was kind of patch or something to boot the game faster.

It's not just for accuracy though, some games will break or not boot if it loads too fast. Luckily in this case the majority of PSX games will work fine with fast loading on but for compatibility reports it is good to keep it off. Life is too short to be spent waiting at a loading screen.

Reactions: _47iscool

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just for accuracy though, some games will break or not boot if it loads too fast. Luckily in this case the majority of PSX games will work fine with fast loading on but for compatibility reports it is good to keep it off. Life is too short to be spent waiting at a loading screen.

I wonder if it has any effect on PBP reading. For certain games I decided to use level 5 compression.

Technically though no game should require fast reading to work.
But I know others are doing what they can to fix games and make the emulator perform better and be more optimized for Wii and the Wii U.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know who asked for it earlier but being able to force PAL games to run at NTSC speeds would be a nice option indeed, there are many games that were translated and released in PAL countries but not America that run much slower than they should and none of the PAL-to-NTSC patches online seem to work for me, they all seem to crash wiistation instead.

Xcali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
@Jokippo do you think something can be done to improve input latency? as it is by default it's very playable but really bad compared to ps1 on wii u.
The input lag could be your TV, on my setup with wiistation v11 i have a wireless gc controller, Castlevania SOTN its very responsive its like 32ms of lag max, my tv have 1 frame(16ms) of lag alone again it could be your equipment

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Point blank 2 NTSC is crashing with a code dump in the Galaga level (I can access the level and play for a few seconds before it crashes). The game plays perfect otherwise.

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The input lag could be your TV, on my setup with wiistation v11 i have a wireless gc controller, Castlevania SOTN its very responsive its like 32ms of lag max, my tv have 1 frame(16ms) of lag alone again it could be your equipment
Definitely not my monitor. I mentioned wii u's ps1 (retroarch) as a comparison because I play on a wii u, so it's under the equipment, and it became noticeable only when I tried the same game on both emus, now I can't unsee it. Wiistation has better compatibility but RA seems to be completely lag free.
btw, why do you still use v11?

Reactions: SaulFabre

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Added some Multitap support (up to 8 players). I tested Crash Team Racing, Frogger, Bomberman Party, S.C.A.R.S and FIFA. Some games like Twisted Metal 3/4 don't work yet.

Keep in mind that some games need the Multitap to be in a specific port, and the standard/analog setting may also be relevant.

Also added a option to disable Memory cards which is needed by Codename: Tenka.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV14

I haven't looked at any of the bugs mentioned here yet. If something in this version is broken please compare it to the previous version first, so I know it is a new bug.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Added some Multitap support (up to 8 players). I tested Crash Team Racing, Frogger, Bomberman Party, S.C.A.R.S and FIFA. Some games like Twisted Metal 3/4 don't work yet.

Keep in mind that some games need the Multitap to be in a specific port, and the standard/analog setting may also be relevant.

I haven't looked at any of the bugs mentioned here yet. If something in this version is broken please compare it to the previous version first, so I know it is a new bug.
Thank you @Jokippo for at least adding a decent PS1 Multitap support!

Just tested CTR (with Multitap on Port 1) and S.C.A.R.S. (with P1 controller in Port 1 and Multitap on Port 2) and all work fine in my tests!!! :D

Xcali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Definitely not my monitor. I mentioned wii u's ps1 (retroarch) as a comparison because I play on a wii u, so it's under the equipment, and it became noticeable only when I tried the same game on both emus, now I can't unsee it. Wiistation has better compatibility but RA seems to be completely lag free.
btw, why do you still use v11?
Sorry i actually use v4 not v11 i use older version because that's what i have been playing SOTN on i'm gonna update soon after i beat it and add more games, Try older version see if that helps i dont have any experience with wii u emulation sorry

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

The Codename Tenka problem can also be solved by using a PBP rom already patched for memory, because the same problem also occurs on PSP
Tonight I'll try this new version anyway, to see if I find any improvements with those games I mentioned yesterday, thanks for the excellent work

Last edited by retrodern,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

8 players!! Incredible stuff! This emulator is turning out to be one of the best on the console!

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil

hi @Jokippo
I really appreciate your work on WiiStation, thanks for the great updates.
I would like to ask you if it would be possible to add a game covers mode in the future, something similar to the snes9x and Fce ultra gx emulators for example.
Thanks again for your great work

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Dont care, i use a CRT anyways.............playing on modern screens makes Brawl a very miserable experience, yes even with Game Mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs