PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks for letting me know, but btw i tested F1 2000 in latest WiiSX and it also crashes at first screen like u said :P

So i think it's an Lightrec issue, i think because of unimplemented ICache emulation in that core.

I opened an issue on Lightrec in GitHub, hope it gets taken care.
https://github.com/pcercuei/lightrec/issues/24
Ok thanks for testing it 🙃 let's hope it can be fixed soon, because F1 2000 and This Is Football 2 are the only games I'm missing to complete my collection of PS1 games for the Wii

Reactions: SaulFabre

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Question for everyone:

Is it just me, or looks like when i try to change the core to Interpreter, it doesn't actually change to the actual Interpreter core but it just keeps using Lightrec/Dynarec?

Anyone else is also having this issue?
as the interpreter is slow, I haven't tested it in a while, I can see if this happens here too later

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question for everyone:

Is it just me, or looks like when i try to change the core to Interpreter, it doesn't actually change to the actual Interpreter core but it just keeps using Lightrec/Dynarec?

Yeah it seems there was a bug that selected the old dynarec over the interpreter, it will be fixed in the next version.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for everyone:

I haven't checked that. But I did notice another issue; some games only work with Analog/Dualshock on. If it is disabled then nothing, no input. You cannot even access the menu. I'm using a GC controller (X & Start).

The two games I noticed this with are Colin McRae Rally 1 and Rally Cross 2. Both US versions.

Last edited by _47iscool,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I haven't checked that. But I did notice another issue; some games only work with Analog/Dualshock on. If it is disabled then nothing, no input. You cannot even access the menu. I'm using a GC controller (X & Start).

The two games I noticed this with are Colin McRae Rally 1 and Rally Cross 2. Both US version.
I think this is normal, cause some games were programmed to work only when the Analog (DualShock) is plugged in.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah it seems there was a bug that selected the old dynarec over the interpreter, it will be fixed in the next version.
I see, thanks :)

retrodern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Question for everyone:

I too have noticed that using both interpreter and dynarec, trying some games with the latest builds I don't notice any changes between the two modes (especially in speed since with interpreter most games run at half the FPS) and one thing that confirms this, is that games like F1 2000 which on the other versions of WiiStation manage to overcome the initial screen (only using Interpreter) in the latest build even using it, the game remains blocked immediately, so I really believe that there is it's something wrong

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

The two games I noticed this with are Colin McRae Rally 1 and Rally Cross 2. Both US version.
There is a bug right now in games that support the analog controller where the standard controller sometimes doesn't work. For now you can just select the analog controller, but I will have a look at it.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Jokippo Thanks for your quick fix, i will try compiling it later.

BTW, did you try Bomberman Fantasy Race? Because i played it for a while and when you finish any race, the menus are invisible. Is this an issue related to GTE code or something else? Honestly i dont know.

Reactions: BoozUchiha

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think this is normal, cause some games were programmed to work only when the Analog (DualShock) is plugged in.
@Jokippo @xjsxjs197 - as the numer of options that should be set individually for each game, is there any chance to implement (even very simple) function for auto-load individual setting?

Simplest I can imagine is manually created cfg file, named same as CUE/ISO file and located in same directory, formatted same as settingsRX2022.cfg, but containing only entries that are diffrent from main config. And then, everytime game is loaded, emulator will set global setting with per-game diffrences.

See, how many options you should remember now:
- controller type
- emulator core
- BIOS (well, at this moment not nessesery, but maybe some games work better with HLE?)
- screen mode (for few 16:9 games)
- frameskip
- interlaced mode
... and probably something more.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
BTW, did you try Bomberman Fantasy Race? Because i played it for a while and when you finish any race, the menus are invisible. Is this an issue related to GTE code or something else? Honestly i dont know.
Here i compared the menu when you finish a race on Bomberman Fantasy Race with WiiStation, PCSX-ReARMed, and DuckStation (the most accurate PS1 emulator, close to PSX hardware).

Here is how the menu after finishing a race in that game should display:

duckstation_bbman.PNG

(screenshot from DuckStation)

On latest PCSX-ReARMed and WiiStation, this menu isn't displayed, making tricky the selection of Retry or Quit.
Any possible fix for this?

I'll start by saying that I hope it won't cause any problems if I leave the link to this YouTube video
I was looking for information on the incompatibility of games like F1 2000 on PCSX-Rearmed (which the WiiStation emulator is based on) and I rightly found that it has the same problem that freezes on the first screen (or like the old versions it only gives a black screen)
But looking at a reddit post on the same problem, a user left a link with the demonstration of the game working after having fixed something:
Is it possible to fix it on Wiistation too?

Also, any progress for fix this on WiiStation? I tried compiling with latest Lightrec and this game still refuses to boot on both Lightrec and Dynarec, however if switching to Interpreter it actually works.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In that case, there should be a line of code making the games think there is all existing peripherals connected, so in that case, all games will always load and work, did someone think of doing this?

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They both work fine on 2.4 240p v13 with digital mode.
And the only game that I know that requires DualShock is Ape Escape, though there may be more.

Speaking of Ape Escape, there is a range issue with C-Stick Right Analog because you cannot use certain items properly.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Testing some DoA, it runs even better then Tekken 3 with very little if any stutter (interleacing enabled of course), but is it normal that the display screen looks like this?

To its credit i already beaten Tekken 3 many times with no DSI crashing.
20230917_215257.jpg

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a bug right now in games that support the analog controller where the standard controller sometimes doesn't work. For now you can just select the analog controller, but I will have a look at it.

I went back to V13 for now.

Is it possible for savestates to corrupt memory cards because of possibly the data being different on the virtual card on the storage device vs what is loaded in RAM?
To avoid corruption pcsx2 ejects the virtual cards when loading a savestate then re-inserts them.

Savestates are also partially broken.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Dude, PCSX2 is a PlayStation 2 (PS2) emulator, not a PlayStation 1 (PS1) emulator.

Savestates are also partially broken.
Also having this issue in some games when i try to load a savestates, sometimes even crash the game.

Only tested Vib-Ribbon by now, but looks like for most games this also happens.

Reactions: 0arsoluto

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, PCSX2 is a PlayStation 2 (PS2) emulator, not a PlayStation 1 (PS1) emulator.

Also having this issue in some games when i try to load a savestates, sometimes even crash the game.

Only tested Vib-Ribbon by now, but looks like for most games this also happens.

Yes I know, as I have been using it for a long time now, including using Cheat Engine with it for making codes for PS2 games (which is linked in my signature).

I was simply stating what it does when it comes to virtual memory cards and savestates.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
This update fixed the thunderforce v that was crashing after defeating a boss.

I don't want to make any declarative statements but Street Fighter EX2 doesn't seem to crash anymore either.

EDIT: Einhander now doesn't crash anymore either, awesome!

Kula World doesn't boot still but it doesn't crash the emulator anymore.

Judge Dredd NTSC seems to be having the same freezing issues it did before on lightrec. Dynarec as well. PAL version runs perfect.

Last edited by Disorarara,

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Small update, this adds a way to adjust the sensitivity of the analog sticks. (My somewhat broken GC controller needs a 1.5x multiplier to work correctly)

Also fixes the standard controller detection issue and Vib Ribbon displays correctly in 240p mode now.

And Interpreter mode should work again.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV15

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64