PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah the audio de-sync is something should be worked on but step by step, atm i am happy to finally have 240p and optional filters for preference.

They said PSX emulation on Wii could not be improved properly, but even since last year this fork was revived i kept testing it for really casual play with the hopes of one day improving and getting to the point of high compatibility and stability to make up for lack of good n64 emulation on the console, so that the wii could be the easiest emulation box.

Every console pre-NES, NES, adequate SNES emulation, near perfect Genesis, GB/GBC with RA-Hexaco and Gambatte, VC titles for the few titles on SNES and n64 you wanted, CPS 1-2, then perfect GBA emulation with Mgba, GCN and WII titles, and now, PSX emulation scene being resurrected thanks to lightrec (and i hope it gets better goin on, slowly but surely), to the point of being 50-58% reliable for most 2D & non demanding 3D, i always keep hope.

Speaking off, please DO NOT ignore this point, i FINALLY found out the problem with the 19 pauses on Wii emulation on my Wii, guess what, its my White normal Wii that's fucking up, the one i bought used to use the SD card because i wanted to have an alternative and MAYBE fix the DSI crashing in some apps like WiiMC-SS and ancient emus not working, (the latter it turns out its due to Wii Motion Plus not being compatible), thats the one that was causing all the stutter, i dont know if its something internal on the wii, memory leak, firmware bullshit or whatever, but the fact that is, back on my Wii Mini, it runs without the hiccups, but somehow with only being able to load games with USB flashdrives and external HDDs, felt kinda anemic.

I am too dumb to learn to solder to install the SD card mod on the Wii mini, and last time i tried loading mGBA trough USB on the Wii Mini, i kept getting random pauses with note suatining on Wario Land 4, so i switch to my white wii for those.
Post automatically merged:

Bug update:

Castlevania Chronicles has an issue when you play in Arrange Mode with the Arrange OST, right around the 2nd stage where it goes on the vertical raft section, the whole game goes mute, like it loses all sound!

This didn't happened on Original Mode.

Another status report, i was having a 1 hour session of SFA3, world tour, on Wiistation, on my Wii Mini (the red toaster loader one), and out of nowhere, the game just froze died, as in, i got a halt frozen screen, i assume it had something to do with the USB drive, but i couldn't go back to menu or even shut down the wii with holding Power, then i got the garbled graphics at the top of the screen, so i had to go up and hard reset the wii.

Dont ya just love emulation on the Wii!?

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new version with the graphic filters is working great for me for every game I usually test except Primal Rage. That's still crashing with a DSI error right before the main menu shows up. Tried Interpreter just to see if it would load, and crashes just like Dynarec. That's like my main go to PSX game, so it's disappointing I can see all these other games with better graphics *except* for my go to. This game did work on WiiStation only a couple versions back. Diablo's my other go to and that's looking and running the best it's ever been.

Also noted something interesting. I loaded up Soul Blade and noticed that the slow music pick up at the very beginning of the first round didn't seem as bad as before. Still some hiccups, but it seemed to pick up into normal speed faster than the prior version I had been using. I'm thinking this probably has more to do with the new SD card I'm using though. It's bigger and *faster* than the one I was using prior(was 150mb/s, now 200mb/s). Just a theory, but perhaps some music hiccups in some games might be I/O access speed related?

This emulator really is turning into a true gem. If I had another suggestion, it would be a faster sort for loading ISOs off the main menu. Or if not a sort, maybe an option to eliminate the sort and just show us all the bin and cue files like it did before?

Jimtsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Was testing the official WiiStation 2.4 release and there is a new "big" problem with FFVIII (NTSC and PAL versions) : Text boxes do not appear at all !

Switching from dynarec to interpreter makes them appear, but then you have to play the game at 15/20 fps... 😅

Otherwise, performances in many games seems to be way better than before ! 👌

Last edited by Jimtsu,
Reactions: GustavoReis

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Who is actually taking notes on all the games with working issues?

Medievil 1 & 2 (Dsi crash)
Tomba (Slowdown at areas)
Tetris w/Card Captor Sakura (Bootlock)
Card Captor Sakura Clow Card Magic (Bootlock)
Shaman King (Fucks up after 1st fight)
Primal Rage (No Boot)
Blasto (Slow as shit then Dsi)
Street Fighter EX Plus A (Slow)
Street Fighter EX 2 Plus (Slow then Dsi)
that weird softlock i had with SFA3
Castlevania Chronicles losing sound during Arrange Mode
Disney's Treasure Planet (character Falls on Flat Floors)
Disney's Emperor's New Groove (Very Slow and FPS counter dont sync)

Last edited by MeXen,
Reactions: Zorg07 and Qaztab

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left two comments mentioning 2 games specifically Disney treasure planet that seems bugged (the character falls into the void on flat floors) and Disney the emperor's new groove runs very slow.

Jimtsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the official release, there is a compatibility list everyone can update.

For the 240p fork, idk.

Once this fork and the official will be merged into one actual build, it'll be easier to keep track of/report issues I guess.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Pcercuei update lightrec

Screenshot_20230715-065621.png

Reactions: Qaztab and ber71

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

Primal Rage (No Boot)

A couple of these work fine with the newer lightrec, there shouldn't be any more slowness issues. SFEX2 was never slow, Shaman King doesn't crash after the first fight that might have been just a random crash.

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, wait until 2.5
With the pace of what's been happening with this emulator lately, I feel enthusiastic that it's going to get there and fix these compatibility issues. I just bought a new bigger and faster SD card just for this emulator.

Heck, didn't we even get a tease some pages back about possible light gun implementation? A year ago, that would have been an easy scoff and thing to mock. Now? Wouldn't surprise me.

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

Primal Rage (No Boot)
Yes, I have tried some of the games from your comment, and if it is true, I also add GEX 3, which at first seems to work fine, but then when starting the game it gives code dump (DSI), and it is time to turn off the Wii.

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
on Wiistation the NGC control rumble doesn't work, but on Wii SRX it does, in addition, you could later put the feature to make PAL games stay at 60Hz, just like Duckstation and others do

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Primal Rage (No Boot)
You can add this:

Legend of Legaia (sound issues where some audio channels disappear and reappear)

Reactions: 0arsoluto

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
where can we find such great devs to handle wii64 next? xD
Post automatically merged:

Fixed some of the issues with Medievil, Primal Rage and possibly other games.

Also reduced audio buffer size to reduce latency. Let me know if this breaks anything compared to v6.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pv7
just tried to play gex deep cover gecko, loaded a save file moved afew steps and got a crash error on screen.

Last edited by pedro702,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    +1
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The big leap in all things tech is when carbon based chips start hitting.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Longer battery life cooler temps and faster! What's not to like lol (probably expensive as hell)
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [checks my dildo(s) batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [checks my batteries, coolant and lube] :O [promptly replaces them] :D