PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Terracon, Raycrisis and Bloody Roar 2 all struggle to reach full speed consistently. If you're getting full speed in Bloody Roar 2 it's a good indicator that your overclock works. Or perhaps you can try the old dynarec core which runs less games at full speed.

Some more game testing:

Devil Dice NTSC seems to not load gameplay anymore after the FMVs on lightrec but the PAL version runs and plays fine. Older versions of lightrec did play this game.

Thunderforce V will crash and return to HBC in the first boss fight using lightrec but will play through successfully using old dynarec, at a speed penalty.

Duke Nukem Total Meltdown has a visual anomaly with sloped surfaces on both lightrec and dynarec.

Street Fighter EX2 and Quake 2 will encounter random crashes using lightrec but run fine using dynarec, at a speed penalty.
If you find any Lightrec bugs please report them to the Lightrec issue page so they can be looked into :)
https://github.com/pcercuei/lightrec/issues?q=is:open+is:issue

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Issue 1 - When using guncon the cursor is now a little bit ABOVE where you are shooting (before it was below). This is very noticeable in resident evil survivor and elemental gearbolt.

Issue 2 - Time crisis Project Titan, the music is like playing at half the speed while the game appears to be running fullspeed. Can anyone else verify this? Has it always been this way?
You can use the built in calibration option that most games have to fix the offset. This also works in Elemental Gearbolt.
In Resident Evil Survivor, the calibration screen seems to be bugged. I tried in 3 different emulators in retroarch and they all have an offset in that game specifically. You need to aim at the very bottom of the circle in the calibration screen to get a correct offset.

The audio in Time Crisis Project Titan is broken in Wiistation, at least since version 2.4.

Last edited by Jokippo,

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you so much @Jokippo , I can finally play Point Blank on the Wii!!
Namco really missed an opportunity here, this game should've been officially ported during the Wii's life cycle!
So thank you for filling a serious gap in the Wii games library! :lol:

Regarding the new Wiistation version, sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know what a Justifier is.
I tried to use it in Point Blank, but it didn't seem to work and I coudn't configure buttons.
When do I need to use it?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thank you so much @Jokippo , I can finally play Point Blank on the Wii!!
Namco really missed an opportunity here, this game should've been officially ported during the Wii's life cycle!
So thank you for filling a serious gap in the Wii games library! :lol:

Regarding the new Wiistation version, sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know what a Justifier is.
I tried to use it in Point Blank, but it didn't seem to work and I coudn't configure buttons.
When do I need to use it?
The Konami Justifier is another lightgun peripheral that was also released for the PS1 and was made for a few Konami shooting games (ex. Lethal Enforces I & II), but also in a few third party games such Die Hard Trilogy, Area 51 and Maximum Force.

A small list of PS1 games which used the Konami Justifier: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Justifier#PlayStation

For most lightgun games, you'll need to use the emulated Namco GunCon. A list of PS1 games which used the Namco GunCon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GunCon#PS_games

Dont know if i explain well... but i think this should be understandable.

Last edited by SaulFabre,

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Devil Dice NTSC seems to not load gameplay anymore after the FMVs on lightrec but the PAL version runs and plays fine. Older versions of lightrec did play this game.

Devil Dice ntsc version works if you uncheck the fast load function. This function could affect some games, keep in mind.

Elemental gearbolt I just played the whole thing this afternoon and it works fine. Just like Time Crisis 1 and Point Blank 1, a luxury to be able to play these games without resorting to an old TV.

A curiosity is that Point Blank 3 only works the aiming irregularly if you activate analog together with guncon, in any case it is not playable in this way, but it is curious.

Thanks for the emulator, most of the catalog goes very well. Every time it looks like the definitive version comes out a new one even better. Thank you very much.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Devil Dice ntsc version works if you uncheck the fast load function. This function could affect some games, keep in mind.

Elemental gearbolt I just played the whole thing this afternoon and it works fine. Just like Time Crisis 1 and Point Blank 1, a luxury to be able to play these games without resorting to an old TV.

A curiosity is that Point Blank 3 only works the aiming irregularly if you activate analog together with guncon, in any case it is not playable in this way, but it is curious.

Thanks for the emulator, most of the catalog goes very well. Every time it looks like the definitive version comes out a new one even better. Thank you very much.
Thanks, seems the Fast Load option can also break games and it's not very recommended to use unless the game really have very long loading times.

So, i will share my settings i use and I recommend:
- Core: Lightrec (most updated and faster; if any game crashes or have issues, try using old PPC recompiler (Dynarec); and in case the game doesn't work on both, try using Interpreter.)
- BIOS: SCPH1001.bin loaded from SD/USB.
- Boot Through Bios: Yes.
- Fast Load: No. Only enable it (set to Yes) if the game has actual long loading times.
- Dithering: None. Dithering can slow down emulation, so i recommend setting it to None. However, if the game requires dithering (ex. Silent Hill), then set Dithering to Always.
- Interlaced Mode: enabled. (boosts up many PSX games, specially Tekken 3, Diablo and Ridge Racer Revolution)
- Controller Type: Standard. Only use Analog (DualShock) when the game is actually compatible or needs it. By default, also disable Lightgun emulation unless needed.
- Show FPS: Off
- Frame Skip: by default, it is set to Off. However, if you encounter frame drops, you could try enabling it (set it to On).

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
By God you're right! I didn't even notice fast load applied to games outside of parasite eve and lego island II but it does and turning it off does indeed fix that game, amazing! that's one more to add to the compatibility list as working!

BoozUchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi guys, I was testing street fighter ex2 plus right now and it's going good, I'm sharing my screenshots here ^^ @Jokippo keep it up, you're a genius <3 Greetings to all :3
IMG_20230903_194353.jpg
IMG_20230903_195050.jpg
IMG_20230903_194302.jpg
IMG_20230903_194140.jpg
IMG_20230903_194806.jpg
IMG_20230903_194849.jpg

EDIT: Today I still playing more this game and I confirme errors code dump in random moments, @Jokippo if you can fix that, I would be grateful to you <3

Last edited by BoozUchiha,

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone been playing resident evil survivor with the guncon support? Im actually having fun with it. I remember when it came out I hated it, but this game was clearly meant to be played with the guncon. I even like the weird controls how you turn and walk around. Its fun once you get used to it. The game has pretty bad graphics, horrible story, voice acting, and animation. lol BUT if you can get past that, its actually pretty fun.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seam1, if you could explain, it would be nice, at the moment, many of us have no clue how to connect a gun that is suppose to connect to the PS1 to a wii emulator....

nicknicolau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has anyone been playing resident evil survivor with the guncon support? Im actually having fun with it. I remember when it came out I hated it, but this game was clearly meant to be played with the guncon. I even like the weird controls how you turn and walk around. Its fun once you get used to it. The game has pretty bad graphics, horrible story, voice acting, and animation. lol BUT if you can get past that, its actually pretty fun.
Are you also using the nunchuck to control the movement? It's rather impossible to play just with the wiimote.

Seam1, if you could explain, it would be nice, at the moment, many of us have no clue how to connect a gun that is suppose to connect to the PS1 to a wii emulator....
The wiimote mimics the lightgun my man! Just select it in the Input options.

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Terracon, Raycrisis and Bloody Roar 2 all struggle to reach full speed consistently. If you're getting full speed in Bloody Roar 2 it's a good indicator that your overclock works. Or perhaps you can try the old dynarec core which runs less games at full speed.

Some more game testing:

Thunderforce V will crash and return to HBC in the first boss fight using lightrec but will play through successfully using old dynarec, at a speed penalty.

Duke Nukem Total Meltdown has a visual anomaly with sloped surfaces on both lightrec and dynarec.

Street Fighter EX2 and Quake 2 will encounter random crashes using lightrec but run fine using dynarec, at a speed penalty.
thank for the reply. I picked Raycrisis for the test and yeah, in the very first stage I could noticed how the game kept a high framerate when in overclocked mode, so that's alright.
For some reason I still had that old Wiistation from June (not the Jokippo's updated version) so at first I didn't understand what you meant with switching to old dynarec. I'm assuming the 240p fork is the one to have now since the original wiistation has no benefits over it?

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
thank for the reply. I picked Raycrisis for the test and yeah, in the very first stage I could noticed how the game kept a high framerate when in overclocked mode, so that's alright.
For some reason I still had that old Wiistation from June (not the Jokippo's updated version) so at first I didn't understand what you meant with switching to old dynarec. I'm assuming the 240p fork is the one to have now since the original wiistation has no benefits over it?

Yes jokippo's updated version is the most current version of Wiistation to use. Glad to hear overclocking works!

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes jokippo's updated version is the most current version of Wiistation to use. Glad to hear overclocking works!
Yeah upstream WiiStation by @xjsxjs197 doesnt have these features currently but me and @Jokippo are working in that for merge Jokippo's changes to upstream WiiStation.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah upstream WiiStation by @xjsxjs197 doesnt have these features currently but me and @Jokippo are working in that for merge Jokippo's changes to upstream WiiStation.
Very good to hear (read?) that you're creating one, utlimate version, not antoher fork. Keep doing your work, it's good :)

BoozUchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Some more game testing:

Greetings @Disorarara I confirm what you said about the code dump errors at random times in the Street Fighter EX2 Plus game, I hope my friend Jokippo is taking note and if he can fix it, he will <3

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, seems the Fast Load option can also break games and it's not very recommended to use unless the game really have very long loading times.

So, i will share my settings i use and I recommend:
- Core: Lightrec (most updated and faster; if any game crashes or have issues, try using old PPC recompiler (Dynarec); and in case the game doesn't work on both, try using Interpreter.)
- BIOS: SCPH1001.bin loaded from SD/USB.
- Boot Through Bios: Yes.
- Fast Load: No. Only enable it (set to Yes) if the game has actual long loading times.
- Dithering: None. Dithering can slow down emulation, so i recommend setting it to None. However, if the game requires dithering (ex. Silent Hill), then set Dithering to Always.
- Interlaced Mode: enabled. (boosts up many PSX games, specially Tekken 3, Diablo and Ridge Racer Revolution)
- Controller Type: Standard. Only use Analog (DualShock) when the game is actually compatible or needs it. By default, also disable Lightgun emulation unless needed.
- Show FPS: Off
- Frame Skip: by default, it is set to Off. However, if you encounter frame drops, you could try enabling it (set it to On).
thank you for this
Post automatically merged:

Hi guys, I was testing street fighter ex2 plus right now and it's going good, I'm sharing my screenshots here ^^ @Jokippo keep it up, you're a genius <3 Greetings to all :3View attachment 391948View attachment 391949View attachment 391950View attachment 391951View attachment 391952View attachment 391954
EDIT: Today I still playing more this game and I confirme errors code dump in random moments, @Jokippo if you can fix that, I would be grateful to you <3
Literally what happened to me last time i played this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3