PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Latest WiiStation build until git https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/0021dcc67f84b36a46359cbe03ffd95489e8eed1

What's new here:
  • (Finally) proper support for .SBI files. These files are required when you play games which are encrypted and/or protected with LibCrypt. If you try to load a LibCrypt game without its required .SBI file, the emulator will display "LibCrypt protected game with missing SBI".
  • Supposedly fixes menu/gameplay speed at Pro Pinball: Timeshock!, but i'm not 100% sure (mentioning @rexus_pl)
  • Fix savestates handling (loading / creating savestates)
  • Merge latest HLE BIOS emulation core from PCSX-ReARMed. Now most games can be run in HLE without problems. But beware, HLE is still in progress, and PS1 BIOS is still recommended.
  • Use latest Lightrec and GNU Lightning.
  • Improving the hack around ICache emulation on Lightrec (pcercuei). This fixes some crashes it happened before when trying to play Formula One Arcade (PAL).
  • Some other improvements in the PPC Dynarec.
Please test this build, thanks! :)
Hi, with this new build I found two games not loading when real bios is enabled (they boot fine with HLE bios):

Legend of Legaia USA
Dino Crisis 2 USA

The bios shows fine ("sony computer entertainment" screen) then it goes to the blue memory card/cd player screen. With HLE enabled it jumps straight to the game no issues. It used to work fine before with real bios

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi, with this new build I found two games not loading when real bios is enabled (they boot fine with HLE bios):

Legend of Legaia USA
Dino Crisis 2 USA

The bios shows fine ("sony computer entertainment" screen) then it goes to the blue memory card/cd player screen. With HLE enabled it jumps straight to the game no issues. It used to work fine before with real bios
Do you have correct CUE files for your games? Most of the time when playing games without CUE files or with corrupted/incorrect CUE files these issues happen such the one which just passes to CD Player section.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Fast load seems to work even faster now which is cool, but I can't help but feel there's been a performance loss. Can anyone confirm if Street Fighter EX2 runs full speed still? It seems to have slight jitters now

EDIT: It seems interlaced and frameskip are both not functional

Last edited by Disorarara,

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tested Build 30112023

- Savestates are working again (load and save), but loading old save states... does nothing. ^^ "Save state loaded" is displayed but the game launches normally (not to the savestate point). Not a big deal though.

- When loading a PAL game (e.g. Magical Tetris Challenge), the Sony & PS screens are stretched horizontally. The "ISO loaded" window displays that scph1001.bin is used, whereas it should be scph1002.bin, maybe that's the reason. Games work fine though.

- When loading Doom NTSC, the window displays that scph1002.bin is used, instead of scph1001.bin. The game works perfectly though, framerate is smoother than ever.

- Of all Jokippo's hacks, only Bilinear setting is working (fortunately !). 240p, etc, not working.

- Strangely, yesterday, the L/R audio channels were inverted again. After ~30 minutes of gameplay, it fixes by itself. What kind of black magic it is.

- There's a new line special game auto fixed in "Show ISO Info". What does that mean?

- Sound is improved again. I had crackles on some music tracks in some games (not caused by FPS drops), now the sound is limpid everywhere.

- Separated settings work correctly.

- I miss the Force NTSC option for PAL games. Jokippo, I invoke you. :ninja:

---------------------------------

By the way, how works the Auto Load Slot setting?

I saved a Button mapping in Slot 1 and clicked on Save Button Configs to USB.
If I load manually Slot 1 in Configure Buttons, the mapping is used when launching the game, it works correctly.

But if I set Auto Load Slot to Slot 1, nothing happens when launching the game, i.e. the default button mapping is used (either using global settings or separated settings for that game). I have to manually load the slot 1 button mapping each time I want to play that game.

Do I miss something ?

Last edited by Ouaz,

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
IMG_20231203_094128.jpg

Reactions: Disorarara

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi @Disorarara, no, i've not tested using Dynared. But wasn't Lightrec supposed to be the definitive version between dynarec and interpreter?
No, it's another recompiler, very fast and unfortunately unstable (yet?). Many games work great with it (Worms Armageddon, Moto Racer, Tomb Raider II), but also many has random problems (GTA, Rayman Rush). If your game works unstable on Lightrec and can reach full speed on Dynarec - just use it.

Jpinotti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, it's another recompiler, very fast and unfortunately unstable (yet?). Many games work great with it (Worms Armageddon, Moto Racer, Tomb Raider II), but also many has random problems (GTA, Rayman Rush). If your game works unstable on Lightrec and can reach full speed on Dynarec - just use it.

Ok, i'll try again. I saw that there is a new build so maybe they fixed. But If not, i'll try using Dynared, and i tell you.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest WiiStation build until git https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a356c3c0d6686149c8b0d02c3f58e255d73467c4

What's new here:
  • More corrections for some Jokippo's implementations in the new SoftGPU video plugin, mainly 240p.
  • Import SPUsetCDvol from upstream PCSX-ReARMed. There is an issue with the MixCD logic in XA, games like Vib-Ribbon that require CD data will have problems if skipped. So the SkipCD was commented out.
  • Clock corrections for the PPC Dynarec.
  • Update HW SPU register sources.

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_a356c3c_06122023.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Latest WiiStation build until git https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a356c3c0d6686149c8b0d02c3f58e255d73467c4

What's new here:
  • More corrections for some Jokippo's implementations in the new SoftGPU video plugin, mainly 240p.
  • Import SPUsetCDvol from upstream PCSX-ReARMed. There is an issue with the MixCD logic in XA, games like Vib-Ribbon that require CD data will have problems if skipped. So the SkipCD was commented out.
Thanks @SaulFabre

I uploaded the file containing the folders and also the channel you created and psp bios (download here)

Last edited by GustavoReis,

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Vib-Ribbon seems to be working fine now. Menu music in Worms Armageddon is still broken, and I've noticed same issue in in-game menu in SnoCross Championship Racing.

Interlaced mode seems to be working fine too, at least in Tekken 3. Missing feature for me is full scalling, as my TV is a bit stupid and do little overscan on Component input (not a problem in most games, because they use "safe area", but eg. GTA is problematic).

Individual settings feature is GREAT. Experience of using this emulator is much better.

Thanks for your job... and keep going :)

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
---------------------------------------------------------2022/09/03 update--------------------------------------------------------------
Revised content of the new version
1: The problem that the sound pitch is too fast has also been solved, and many game sounds have become correct.
2: Basically, it supports CDDA. Please help test the multi track games.
3: Except the cdda part, the CDROM code of pcsxReArm has almost been merged.
The compatibility of the game has been further improved, and some more games can be run.
4: Other minor amendments

---------------------------------------------------------2022/07/01 update--------------------------------------------------------------
Revised content of the new version
1. Support Korean. In order to support more languages, modify the language selection method
2. Fix the error When open the "Settings" section and then click on the "Saves" button
3. Add support for load the fonts from USB.
The system automatically reads the font from SD and USB, If there is no font, use the embedded English font
4. When selecting files, cue files are displayed first, and other files with the same name are not displayed

---------------------------------------------------------Old message-----------------------------------------------------------------------
First , thanks to the efforts of the original authors of wiisxrx, wiisxr, wiisx, I can play PS games on Wii.
I have also invested a lot of time and energy in this project recently, and released the first version.

Please refer to the following address for details:
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022

## The following changes have been made to the code based on wiisxrx.

* Incorporating the CDROM and cdiso codes of pcsxrearmed, the compatibility of the system has been more improved.
Many games that could not be run or had problems before can be run.

* Combined the dfsound module of pcsxrearmed and used the SDL Library.
The sound quality of the system has been more improved.

* Modification of some dynamic compilation instructions, such as sllv, SRLV, srav, FF9 and biohazard3 can be run.
(Part of the division instruction uses a static compilation instruction)

* Support for multiple languages.
At first, I wanted to refer to snes9xgx and support TTF font library.
However, it encountered a memory leak problem, resulting in automatic exit.
So it can only be made into a specific font.
Font char information: first two byte: BigEndianUnicode char code, followed by a character picture in IA8 format with a size of 24 * 24.

* For some customed Chinese culture games, specific BIOS is automatically loaded.
For example: sd:\wiisxrx\isos\武藏传.ISO => sd:\wiisxrx\bios\武藏传.bin

* Other minor corrections, such as disc changing and automatic fixed of some games.

## Goals(Please help me, or let us work together.)

* Improve GTE code to provide 3D game speed.
Although I used paired single instruction, but the speed is basically not improved

* Use the display mode of GL to provide image quality and performance.
I don't know anything about OpenGL, and I don't know if I can use grrlib.

※※※ It reads a font file in a fixed location, So make sure that [sd:/wiisxrx/fonts/chs.dat] exists ※※※

## Compilation information

* PPC29 + Libogc_1.8.16 + SDL
You can download everything here: https://wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/
The compiled SDL is here: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/libSDL.a

## The following is the basic code information

![WiiSXRX logo](./logo.jpg)

Fork of WiiSXR (a port of PCSX-R), a PSX emulator for the Gamecube / Wii / Wii U.

The starting point for this code base will be Mystro256's WiiSXR, a continuation of
daxtsu's libwupc mod of wiisx, which is in turn based off of Matguitarist's "USB mod5".

* Please see the following link for details:
http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2524

* WiiSX is GNU GPL and the source can be found here:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/pcsxgc/downloads

* WiiSXR is GNU GPL and the source can be found here:
https://github.com/Mystro256/wiisxr

* libwupc and libwiidrc are also GPL, which can be found here:
https://github.com/FIX94/libwupc
https://github.com/FIX94/libwiidrc
Should I use this with the revived og WiiSX or will the revived version be good enough?

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

What's new here:
Hi Saulfabre are savestates fixed? Can we also load old savestates in this new version without errors? TY for your work

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi Saulfabre are savestates fixed? Can we also load old savestates in this new version without errors? TY for your work
Here savestates are fixed, but old savestates made before the change from old P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU to the new SoftGPU plugin (based on DFXVideo possibly?) won't be accesible anymore, and the emulator will display that would not function the old savestate(s).

Reactions: marchrius

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tested it and noticed considerable audio latency compared to the old version I am using. Just to be sure, I double checked and I'm not imagining things. Admittedly I only tried one game (Tomb Raider) with lightrec, but settings are exactly the same between both versions. Old one almost istant while new one about 0.2/0.3 secs audio latency. Anyone else noticed the same?

Edit: nevermind, did some more testing and seems like the issue is gone. Probably switching between lightrec and dynarec fixed it or maybe it was rebooting? Not sure. Great work btw 👍

Last edited by marchrius,

Sonico98

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
By the way, how works the Auto Load Slot setting?

I saved a Button mapping in Slot 1 and clicked on Save Button Configs to USB.
If I load manually Slot 1 in Configure Buttons, the mapping is used when launching the game, it works correctly.

But if I set Auto Load Slot to Slot 1, nothing happens when launching the game, i.e. the default button mapping is used (either using global settings or separated settings for that game). I have to manually load the slot 1 button mapping each time I want to play that game.

Do I miss something ?
It is a bit counter intuitive, but you have to set the Auto Load Slot setting to the Slot you want, then go back to the General settings section and save your config to SD or USB.
Latest WiiStation build until git [...]

What's new here:
I have been using WiiStation 2.4 this whole time so I can't compare it to previous git releases, but Crash Team Racing [USA] (CTR) and Gran Turismo [Europe] (GT) are not working anymore with the git release. They boot, but don't work properly. I have both games in CHD format, and have tried booting with and without the BIOS (both real BIOS and HLE BIOS) as well as Lightrec and Dynarec CPU Cores.
CTR boots, the music can be heard, but the video is corrupted (the image is not centered, it's frozen on the startup screen and it starts flickering after a few seconds).
GT boots, everything loads perfectly fine. I then select Arcade Mode, single race, choose a car and when the race is about to finish loading, the whole emulator crashes (DSI Exception).
Both games work with no problems using WiiStation 2.4 and WiiSX 4.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i tried just yuzu so far, not even played, just open the game to see if it run
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    emo
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    tional
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What is a Nintendo 3DS?

Like 3 Nintendo DS taped into one?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey @HiradeGirl , how you been. Hope all is well.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    DDDS
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: DDDS