PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Skylab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey great work , i just downloaded new build it so much faster at loading games.

I still have two problems Heart of Darknes (US) version does not work at all it just boots me to homebrew channel. EU version works fine.

And SpiderMan (us) have audio problems , some stutters in voice acting and when you press start in the level there this horrible screeching sound.

Thanks.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Some tests done...

Graphically this is the best build so far. Tekken 3 and Tomb Raider III work much better than before. I haven't noticed any problems in 2D games. But...
- Return Fire still hangs after chosing weapon
- Pro Pinball: Timeshock! still works too fast
- choppy sound in Vib-Ribbon and Moto Racer 2 (this is regression)
- emulator crash when trying to load next (maybe 8th? 9th?) game

So thanks for your work and... keep going :)

steval_beaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think its time we call this Wiistation 2.5 or 2.6....................if not 3.0 once and for all :lol:
Post automatically merged:

Ah crap, sorry to say but, tested SOTN, and now the scrolling in this and possibly other 2D games is choppy and stuttery, it wasnt like that in the last build

can confirm that I tested Megaman X4 and the framepacing is still a bit choppy. Though I will say I unlimited the FPS and it ran at like 130fps, which shows how far this project has come...!

Skylab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
can confirm that I tested Megaman X4 and the framepacing is still a bit choppy. Though I will say I unlimited the FPS and it ran at like 130fps, which shows how far this project has come...!

So here's what i figured out. When 2D game like MMX4 runs "choppy" boot another game then MMX4 again and it runs like it should. I don't know why it happens but it does.

I first noticed it when playing Rayman, then i tried few other games and went back to Rayman and it was running great.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So here's what i figured out. When 2D game like MMX4 runs "choppy" boot another game then MMX4 again and it runs like it should. I don't know why it happens but it does.

I first noticed it when playing Rayman, then i tried few other games and went back to Rayman and it was running great.

Yeah, but that's just going trough hoops.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
RE: UPDATING THE BUILD

Just to confirm, I only have to replace the .dol file inside the wiistation folder, right?

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I replace the .dol file, and delete the configs.
Are the configs in the same folder or a different one?
Should I look for a specific name? config.dol?

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I found a bunch of .CFG files in the folder, most (12) are controller files, and then there are two "Settings" files (SettingsRX and SettingsRX2022) .CFG files- .

Should I simply delete them all? Will the new .dol executable repopulate those files once I run the emulator?
Is this Standard Operation Procedure? I would hate breaking my WiiStation-

Thank you all for you kind support.

Reactions: GustavoReis

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
So I found a bunch of .CFG files in the folder, most (12) are controller files, and then there are two "Settings" files (SettingsRX and SettingsRX2022) .CFG files- .

Should I simply delete them all? Will the new .dol executable repopulate those files once I run the emulator?
Is this Standard Operation Procedure? I would hate breaking my WiiStation-

Thank you all for you kind support.
download the new build of saulfabre and rename it to "boot.dol"
in the wiistation folder within the apps folder, replace the old one with the new one.
in the "wiisxrx" folder delete the old settings

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
download the new build of saulfabre and rename it to "boot.dol"
in the wiistation folder within the apps folder, replace the old one with the new one.
in the "wiisxrx" folder delete the old settings
WILCO
So I only delete SettingsRX and SettingsRX2022 from the Wiisxrx folder. Correct¡?
Thank you so much!

I am confused, which of the three version available at:
SD:\wiiflow\plugins\PlayStation
should i replace?

There is a .dol file inside the following folders: WiiStation, Wiistation Lightrec, and WiiSX_RX.
or should I replace it somewhere else?

Last edited by popckorn,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok so, right off the bat, the deletion of the old config files didn't work, but the whole ''load one game you want, then load another one then come back to the former'' did ''sorta'' worked, but a tiny scrolling stutter jump still happens every 3-5 seconds, also i am doing some testing's so not sure about the whole ''the app locks/DSI dumps itself after 7/8 games loaded, and i am in the third one,

Also Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure has once again its graphical issues at the bottom of the screen (not during gameplay tough) and some loading screens are hilariously off-center.

Good news tough, some of the games that didn't work correctly before, or locked themselves/crash the emu, now work.

Shaman King Spirits of Shaman no longer crashes after 1st fight. FULLSPEED
Card Captor Sakura Clow Card Magic now works on lightrec. FULLSPEED
Card Captor Sakura Animetic Story Game now plays with the FMV non color corrupted! FULLSPEED
GeGeGe no Kitarou - Gyakushuu! Youma Daikessen now has his voice samples during cutscenes fixed. FULLSPEED
Bloody Roar 1 works fullspeed, only light frame stutter in some camera movements at fight's beginning. NEAR FULLDSPEED
Bloory Roar 2 works faster but not quite fullspeed yet, 54-58 seems to be the usual performance.

Tested all the games with Dither on Default.

Last edited by MeXen,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm the emulator will indeed crash sometimes when changing games. I can also confirm there's sound issues such as in Bakumatsu Roman where the sound is extremely harsh and scratchy.

That's interesting, from my experience 2D games will usually run flawlessly and it's the 3D games that run at 60fps that will sometimes have framepacing issues - although not always.

Madden 2005 will still display spiky polygons and generally incorrect animations and AI before crashing, Jumping Flash 2 also still has disappearing polygons although it's noticably improved from before.

Ok so, right off the bat, the deletion of the old config files didn't work, but the whole ''load one game you want, then load another one then come back to the former'' did ''sorta'' worked, but a tiny scrolling stutter jump still happens every 3-5 seconds, also i am doing some testing's so not sure about the whole ''the app locks/DSI dumps itself after 7/8 games loaded, and i am in the third one,

Also Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure has its graphical issues at the bottom of the screen back and some loading screens are hilariously offcenter.

Good news tough, some of the games that didn't work correctly before, or locked themselves/crash the emu, now work.

Shaman King Spirits of Shaman no longer crashes after 1st fight. FULLSPEED
Card Captor Sakura Clow Card Magic now works on lightrec. FULLSPEED
Card Captor Sakura Animetic Story Game now plays with the FMV non color corrupted! FULLSPEED
GeGeGe no Kitarou - Gyakushuu! Youma Daikessen now has his voice samples during cutscenes fixed. FULLSPEED
Bloody Roar 1 works fullspeed, only light frame stutter in some camera movements at fight's beginning. NEAR FULLDSPEED
Bloory Roar 2 works faster but not quite fullspeed yet, 54-58 seems to be the usual performance.

Tested all the games with Dither on Default.

Which version of Jojo are you playing? I'm playing the American NTSC version and I don't see graphical garbage at the bottom or offcentered loading screens.

Last edited by Disorarara,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Which version of Jojo are you playing? I'm playing the American NTSC version and I don't see graphical garbage at the bottom or offcentered loading screens.

Weird, cause i play the US version too, but the issue disappears during the fights

EDIT: Also i tested so far 11 different games and only repeated SoTN once, and i havent got a stackdump crash or a softlock, but maybe this was a good day for me, how many games did you cicle around during your session? also, BIN/CUE or CHD? i use the former.

Last edited by MeXen,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Weird, cause i play the US version too, but the issue disappears during the fights

EDIT: Also i tested so far 11 different games and only repeated SoTN once, and i havent got a stackdump crash or a softlock, but maybe this was a good day for me, how many games did you cicle around during your session? also, BIN/CUE or CHD? i use the former.

I only use BIN/CUE for testing, the crash seems to happen randomly.

steval_beaning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can confirm the emulator will indeed crash sometimes when changing games. I can also confirm there's sound issues such as in Bakumatsu Roman where the sound is extremely harsh and scratchy.
I assume that would be from a lack of the PS1's gaussian interpolation for audio (similar to how it works on the SNES), which I don't think has been implemented yet here - on a real console, audio at low sample rates is smoothed out via interpolation, but in emulators that don't support this the sound can be very scratchy (what you're hearing is probably audio aliasing). I know this because the PS1 emulator for 3DS lets you switch between interpolation modes.

I think once that and the microstutter issue are figured out then someone as picky as me would be satisfied enough to start using this emulator more regularly lol, it's come a long way in just the last year

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1