PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Joseito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
1st, I alway recommend just one wiistation at a time in the app folder, there can be some weird things if there are too many apps in this folder. For renaming, alway do it from the pc then put the file back on the sd, I knows it weird but I've seen some bugs about that. if you don't understand the question, sorry I can't help much more as I always ask question that cannot really be clearer, also you've talk about two games at the beginning, now it's 4 games.
@xjsxjs197 has made changed changes to the memory card code, so that means that your old saves on the sd could be not operationnal with the latest version, pretty obvious that in that case, you must erase saves with this version and restart from the beginning of the game.
It has always been 4 games as i stated on a previous post,is just the list is been increasing and I'm starting fear effect from scratch,but i hear you i might delete the old version,thanks anyways

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
@SaulFabre any chance you could compile a version with updated libchdr?
The problem with that is we need to compile manually all the sublibraries (ZLIB, LZMA, FLAC, and the new compression algorithm) before we can finally compile the resulting libCHDr and later finally to WiiStation, like we did for Lightrec core library.

It would take some time... and i just don't know how to do it easily.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I CANNOT BELIEVE MY OWN EYES!

I AM FINALLY PLAYING "RESIDENT EVIL - GUN SURVIVOR" FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN ENGLISH!

I GOT A PIRATE COPY OF THE JAPANESE VERSION OF THE GAME IN 1999, BECAUSE I HAD THE PSX GUN IN MY BIRTHDAY -I WAS 12. I FINISHED THE GAME BUT COULD NOT SAVE IT BECAUSE I CAN'T READ MOONRUNES.

THIS IS SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE, I AM PLAYING CRT LIGHT GUN PSX GAMES ON A WII!!
USING THE WIIMOTE!

WTF, THIS IS INCREDIBLE!! WTF!!? HOW IS NO ONE ELSE FREAKING OUT!?!?!111!!ONE!!ELEVEN!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, EVERYONE!
WII PLAYING PSX LIGHT GUN GAMES - WOT WOT.jpg

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I AM FINALLY PLAYING "RESIDENT EVIL - GUN SURVIVOR" FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN ENGLISH!

I GOT A PIRATE COPY OF THE JAPANESE VERSION OF THE GAME IN 1999, BECAUSE I HAD THE PSX GUN IN MY BIRTHDAY -I WAS 12. I FINISHED THE GAME BUT COULD NOT SAVE IT BECAUSE I CAN'T READ MOONRUNES.

USING THE WIIMOTE!

WTF, THIS IS INCREDIBLE!! WTF!!? HOW IS NO ONE ELSE FREAKING OUT!?!?!111!!ONE!!ELEVEN!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, EVERYONE! View attachment 423240
50fps? did you turn on dithering or so?

Reactions: SaulFabre

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
50fps? did you turn on dithering or so?
It is the European version of the game (PAL), so it is running at full speed @50fps.

The American version was censored, so it is mouse-only because of "Columbine Shooting Hysteria". The Japanese version is 60fps but would need to be patched to English for me to know what I am doing at the menus.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

USING THE WIIMOTE!

There's a guncon patch for the NTSC USA version if you want to play the game at a slightly faster pace.

duncedoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just came across this project. Gosh, the 240p image looks incredible and performance is a beauty. My only gripe is sound quality, but maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'm wanting to play Symphony of the Night but it sounds very brittle, thin, bright and crunchy. If this is just how it is, I understand. This project is wonderful as is.

Is there anything I can do to improve this?

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just came across this project. Gosh, the 240p image looks incredible and performance is a beauty. My only gripe is sound quality, but maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'm wanting to play Symphony of the Night but it sounds very brittle, thin, bright and crunchy. If this is just how it is, I understand. This project is wonderful as is.

Is there anything I can do to improve this?
That's because Sound Interpolation (like in real hardware) hasn't been implemented yet and it seems doing so would need a severe rewrite of the sound engine that could break things that have been already advanced before.

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read the recent posts about PBP being reliable to use for this, and it reminded me of how the 3DS ReARMed core had troubles with CHD in the beginning and that PBP was better to use back then too. Still, it made me want to try an uncompressed CHD to see if the format itself causes any crashes, but I tried Colin Mcrae and Crash Team Racing and neither had an error in my limited testing, though I did check again and saw that the tester of Colin used the PAL version (I went with NTSC-U). It could also be that those games work fine now, I'm not sure.

Is there a compressed CHD game that still crashes with the latest version? If so, has anyone tested with a CHD with no compression?

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, tried 3.0, with tekken 3 and armored core master of Arena using Wii U overclock, they run amazing. Using default settings, which I believe is 480p.

etui

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I wanted to try PS1 games on Wii, but I have exeption DSI occurred with WiiStation 3.0 when I tried to load Crash Bandicoot (USA). Do you know why and how to fix ? Thx

edit
I missed the bios i think^^

Last edited by etui,

zozecilva

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've read the recent posts about PBP being reliable to use for this, and it reminded me of how the 3DS ReARMed core had troubles with CHD in the beginning and that PBP was better to use back then too. Still, it made me want to try an uncompressed CHD to see if the format itself causes any crashes, but I tried Colin Mcrae and Crash Team Racing and neither had an error in my limited testing, though I did check again and saw that the tester of Colin used the PAL version (I went with NTSC-U). It could also be that those games work fine now, I'm not sure.

Is there a compressed CHD game that still crashes with the latest version? If so, has anyone tested with a CHD with no compression?
Hi! Here Gran Turismo, DISC 1, CHD format, crashes before starting the race, does this game work well for you?

DominoBright

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Here Gran Turismo, DISC 1, CHD format, crashes before starting the race, does this game work well for you?
I tried both GT1 and the Arcade mode disc of GT2 and started a race on both of them without a crash. I tried again with compressed CHDs and didn't have a crash on those either. It should be noted that I used Deflate and FLAC instead of LZMA to compress them.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

USING THE WIIMOTE!

You're welcome, besides now WiiStation is my favorite PS1 emulator for Wii. 240p, lightgun support, Multitap, experimental mouse support, very great compatibility... ahhh

Try using BIN/CUE, or like @DominoBright said, use a CHD made without LZMA compression but with ZLIB/FLAC compression.

what matters is how it runs on a regular Wii, and its been a long road since.
For real. I can say now it is trying to be "heavily" optimized for Wii.
The "new" PPC Dynarec, Lightrec, etc... ahhhh

Guncon support works fine even in 2 player mode. Justifier unplayable with HLE. As soon as I used a bios file it made it work
Looks like Konami Justifier doesn't like HLE. As you said, better use official PS1 BIOS.

A small news: i'm trying hard to make every sublibrary/dependency to be compiled separately before compiling WiiStation, but only managed to compile it with latest LZMA 22.01 library, which Wii CAN NOT handle it well and many CHDs i tried crashed at multiple positions.
I'm trying to figure out how i can compile the old LZMA 19.00 correctly on Wii so it can be used with the less quantity of crashes possible.

About the other external libraries, including the new ZStandard compression, it's done.
Only remaining to make it compile is LZMA 19.00.

Stay tuned.
http://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/tree/lubchdr-update

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I step out of the forum for a while because life, then on a whim check to see how the latest WiiStation is doing and BAM! A bit better speed *and* light gun support?!?!? And I was thinking it couldn't get any better after the video filtering options letting us turn off the bilinear filter.

Congrats to everyone on their success with this emulator. I can't believe how far it's come. At one point I was just happy to have a dozen or so games that ran well, and now the door's is soooo open to the library, it's crazy to believe where the compatibility is. I just played Point Blank with my Wiimote and it was awesome.

I mean, I can even get Tekken 3 working at proper speed on a regular Wii now if I enable the interlaced mode. Incredible that this is an option.

So I'm starting to clean up my Bin/Cue files because they're kind of a mess of multiple bins per cue and the emulator has speed issues sorting through them and displaying a directory of games to load. I started making PBP's out of them. PSX2PSP defaults to max compression of 9. Is that good or bad or doesn't matter?

Edit: May as well as add some testing info.

- Rampage Universal Tour and Rampage Through Time have edge glitches on some of their sprite frames. Haven't tried it yet, but I suspect Capcom vs SNK has similar sprite glitching.

- Diablo - the background music in the village glitches occasionally. This has been one of those bugs that seems to get fixed in one release and then comes back with a later release.

- Thrill Kill shows the initial warning screen now! Used to be completely black so you didn't know the button combination to load the game without looking up a FAQ. Now the screen shows so you know the button combination to get the game going.

Last edited by Qaztab,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la