Homebrew WiiSX beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I'm just going to wait. A Castlevania game without music(or garbled) just would not be the same.

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well it's a beta, don't expect it to be perfect....... who knows how much time it's going to take the official team to release a 100% working version? 1 year? 2 year?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
beegee7730 said:
Anyone added USB support yet?
yes, Jacobeian did it already with his mod03.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164376&st=341
There are still things to correct from mod03 (an error with analog controller, if you know how to compil there's a diff few page back, which need a correction to).
And a menu like Triiforce's one would be great (I'll try to make one, when I'll have enough time).

If you use usb, boot from USB (remove your SD card when listing homebrew in HBC).

Please help with the compatibility list if you have the time. thank you.
There no one else working on it for 1 month.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...st_%28beta_1%29

the website sonyindex is offline, but can be accessed here

D

Deleted-171178

Cyan said:
beegee7730 said:
Anyone added USB support yet?
There are still things to correct from mod03 (an error with analog controller, if you know how to compil there's a diff few page back, which need a correction to).
And a menu like Triiforce's one would be great (I'll try to make one, when I'll have enough time).

If you use usb, boot from USB (remove your SD card when listing homebrew in HBC).

Please help with the compatibility list if you have the time. thank you.
There no one else working on it for 1 month.
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...st_%28beta_1%29

the website sonyindex is offline, but can be accessed here
Thanks
smile.gif

ebaymarcaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:

I didn't realize the Jacobeian version has USB support!
Tried this last night, but I'm having some trouble getting this to work. I boot into HBC (menu loads) with my USB drive plugged in, remove SD card. I go to load Wiisx, but when I click load nothing happens. I'm assuming that I need the SD card in to actually load Wiisx. So I tried removing the card after loading Wiisx, but get a code dump (from WiiSx, not from HBC). I have my psx files in PSXISOS/ on the USB.

I have a dual partition external. 1/2 wii format the other 1/2 Fat32. Is this version perhaps in capable of booting from a dual partition?

Just want to make sure I have the correct steps to load from USB before concludsing its my setup.
Thanks!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
I boot into HBC (menu loads) with my USB drive plugged in, remove SD card.

just to make sure, do NOT remove SD card AFTER loading the HBC... otherwise, it will read the apps from SD instead and this would result in a crash when you attempt to load the app with SD removed (obviously)
HBC has been compiled to use SD over USB if both are detected, whereas WiiSX has been compiled to use USB first, so just load WiiSX from SD and leave the SD in the slot or do not use any SD and put everything (/apps/wiisx & /PSXISOS) on USB.

QUOTEI have a dual partition external. 1/2 wii format the other 1/2 Fat32. Is this version perhaps in capable of booting from a dual partition?

indeed not, neither the HBC by the way... they can't tell if it's dual partition or not, all that they need is the boot sectors to use a FAT file system...
why do people always believe WBFS format is something to be logically supported ? it's a file format that has been created especially for USB loaders, nothing else need this, why should other applications add support for something they don't use ?

ebaymarcaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
just to make sure, do NOT remove SD card AFTER loading the HBC... otherwise, it will read the apps from SD instead and this would result in a crash when you attempt to load the app with SD removed (obviously)
HBC has been compiled to use SD over USB if both are detected, whereas WiiSX has been compiled to use USB first, so just load WiiSX from SD and leave the SD in the slot or do not use any SD and put everything (/apps/wiisx & /PSXISOS) on USB.

Thanks. This makes much more sense than what I quoted earlier. I tried this and indeed as you indicate below, it's my hard drive configuration causing the problem.

QUOTE(Jacobeian @ Sep 1 2009, 09:00 AM) indeed not, neither the HBC by the way... they can't tell if it's dual partition or not, all that they need is the boot sectors to use a FAT file system...
why do people always believe WBFS format is something to be logically supported ? it's a file format that has been created especially for USB loaders, nothing else need this, why should other applications add support for something they don't use ?

I wouldn't assume other homebrew (non loaders) would "support" WBFS, but thought it might be able to at least correctly identify the the FAT32 partition from the boot sector and correctly load from that. It would seem useful to include this ability so one wouldn't have to use two separate hard drives (for people who also use loaders).
So just to be clear, no matter what the formatting, HBC and WiiSx will not load a hard drive that has a dual partition, say if it's a NTFS / Fat32, or even FAT / FAT32? Or is this really something due to WBFS format. Would the order of the partitions on the boot sector matter?
Would WiiSX (or HBC for that matter) be able to load a Fat formatted external HD if a WBFS formatted HD was plugged into the other USB slot?
Thanks for entertaining my naive questions...

Mitsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Anyone know why I can't get past the "select controller type" screen?

It freezes at that point. I've done everything right, all the files are in the correct locations. I'm using WiiSX Beta 1 on a SanDisk Extreme III SDHC card. BIOS is SCPH1001 and it's in the PSXISOS folder. .BIN & .CUE files are in the same folder as BIOS.

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ebaymarcaro said:
Jacobeian said:

Thanks. This makes much more sense than what I quoted earlier. I tried this and indeed as you indicate below, it's my hard drive configuration causing the problem.

QUOTE(Jacobeian @ Sep 1 2009, 09:00 AM) indeed not, neither the HBC by the way... they can't tell if it's dual partition or not, all that they need is the boot sectors to use a FAT file system...

I wouldn't assume other homebrew (non loaders) would "support" WBFS, but thought it might be able to at least correctly identify the the FAT32 partition from the boot sector and correctly load from that. It would seem useful to include this ability so one wouldn't have to use two separate hard drives (for people who also use loaders).
So just to be clear, no matter what the formatting, HBC and WiiSx will not load a hard drive that has a dual partition, say if it's a NTFS / Fat32, or even FAT / FAT32? Or is this really something due to WBFS format. Would the order of the partitions on the boot sector matter?
Would WiiSX (or HBC for that matter) be able to load a Fat formatted external HD if a WBFS formatted HD was plugged into the other USB slot?
Thanks for entertaining my naive questions...

You can load WiiSX ISO's on a dual WBFS and FAT32 Hard Drive Partition if you have your WiiSX folder on your Fat32 partition (Hard Drive) rather than the SD Card. It will look for in usb:/psxisos

I've recently migrated my entire SD card content over to an External Hard Drive for this particular reason..
smileipb2.png

D

Deleted-171178

Mitsuru said:
Anyone know why I can't get past the "select controller type" screen?

It freezes at that point. I've done everything right, all the files are in the correct locations. I'm using WiiSX Beta 1 on a SanDisk Extreme III SDHC card. BIOS is SCPH1001 and it's in the PSXISOS folder. .BIN & .CUE files are in the same folder as BIOS.
Do you have the correct controller?

Mitsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
beegee7730 said:

I have a GC controller plugged in (which works fine with a GBA emulator, so the pad isn't faulty) and the Wii remote. Actually, when I'm asked to choose a controller, the four blue LED's on the Wii remote flash when I press a button.

ebaymarcaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bolex17 said:
You can load WiiSX ISO's on a dual WBFS and FAT32 Hard Drive Partition if you have your WiiSX folder on your Fat32 partition (Hard Drive) rather than the SD Card. It will look for in usb:/psxisos

I've recently migrated my entire SD card content over to an External Hard Drive for this particular reason..
smileipb2.png

Thanks! I realized my drive was partitioned to NTFS. That was the problem all along.

Mitsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Mitsuru said:
beegee7730 said:

I have a GC controller plugged in (which works fine with a GBA emulator, so the pad isn't faulty) and the Wii remote. Actually, when I'm asked to choose a controller, the four blue LED's on the Wii remote flash when I press a button.

Can I get any help on this, please? WiiSX is still freezing!
frown.gif

metalmouth647

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works perfect for nearly every game BUT dvd rips support would be awesome and is it possible already maybe?

To Mitsuru: After you chose the Bin or cue file it tells you to press B from the gamecube controller, it does say that but you cant see it in my tv, im guessing thats your problem, and you cant use the wii remote to play, its basically turned off when u load WiiSx

J0ker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well, mine hangs at execute, after i pressed b...
so, that happens...

but mod3 version works for me, so i be happy

Mitsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
metalmouth647 said:
To Mitsuru: After you chose the Bin or cue file it tells you to press B from the gamecube controller, it does say that but you cant see it in my tv, im guessing thats your problem, and you cant use the wii remote to play, its basically turned off when u load WiiSx

Thanks. I don't actually get to choose a BIN or CUE file.

I give up. Thanks again for trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH