Wiiu forum(s)?

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right Lily mentioned in this topic: http://gbatemp.net/topic/324334-rumour-wii-u-less-powerful-than-ps3xbox-360/page__pid__4168663__st__30#entry4168663

that there was no Wiiu forum, but with all these rumors running around etc. I think it would be a nice time to create a Wiiu forum.

Wiiu General Discussion

And I voted yes.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also, @[member='SifJar'] I doubt that will happen, it didn't happen much with the 3DS and even less with the Vita.

It happened a lot with the 3DS. Didn't notice too much with the Vita, but there were a lot of threads like that for the 3DS (and still are). And there have already been several threads like that for the WiiU, no need to encourage more with a section for it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm all for a WiiU forum, if it will keep all these rumour threads out of the News / User Submitted News boards.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I just noticed something rather interesting.

You asked us for our opinions on whether we think it's a good idea or not, and when we disagree with you you tell us we're wrong and this should happen. I'm all for arguments and such, but doesn't that remove the entire point of this thread? You should've just said "We should have a Wii U forum."

EDIT: At least, that's the way your OP seemed to be going.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say "I don't see the need for a console we barely know anything about" but we had forums for the NGP when it was still the NGP.

I'd say we get forums for it after E3 this year since we'll actually have concrete info on it. I don't think we need a whole forum at the moment for the occasional rumor thread about it that we get maybe once or twice a month.

Plus we get rumor threads about the PS4/Xbox 360 and I don't see many complaints on that.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still don't get it why this topic is even here, this is why we have GBAtemp Mods, Admins and Supervisors like @Guild McCommunist (love the name BTW)...
They probably have it ready to go already, or a least are thinking about it..and the comment of @Guild McCommunist makes sense.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I still don't get it why this topic is even here, this is why we have GBAtemp Mods, Admins and Supervisors like @Guild McCommunist (love the name BTW)...
They probably have it ready to go already, or a least are thinking about it..and the comment of @Guild McCommunist makes sense.
Guilds a reporter, he's not that important. :)

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
if people are gonna ask / post dumb questions about the wiiu , they will do it regardless of gbatemp having a specific slot for it , so at least having the wiiu section would at least categorise the shite posts to one place and not all over the place.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MM, i don't buy that...
Why?

Its a case of supply and demand, if demand was there they'll do it. So far half want it half don't so right now nothing is planned.
See it as a compliment, i was under the impression that you are a very good organized forum atm.
People that are well organized plan ahead, and its no secret that the WiiU will come out somewhere after the summer holidays.
Or am i wrong?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MM, i don't buy that...
Why?

Its a case of supply and demand, if demand was there they'll do it. So far half want it half don't so right now nothing is planned.
See it as a compliment, i was under the impression that you are a very good organized forum atm. People that are well organized plan ahead..or am i wrong?
They do extremely well considering that this is done in their little spare time. With that little time they would tend to more meaningful things like moderating, looking at features for the forum, looking into any possible bugs/errors as well as actually spend time on the forum doing things they enjoy.

Something like this is more:

Admin: "Wii U is out soon, shall we do a section for it?"
Rest of staff: "yeah alright"
Admin: Who wants to mod it?
*a few volunteer*
*admin creates Wii U section*

Something like this does not require a plan, its not a big thing at all. Just a bit of code here and there and done.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, ok...thanks for explaining...still, this is proof you thought about it..
I've not seen it mentioned at all, maybe they have but not posted about it...maybe they haven't.

If there is enough interest I'm sure it'll happen.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll remind you all that the 3DS had some solid information on it when the forum was made. Currently the Wii U is about as mysterious as the Vita when it was first announced (under the name NGP).

Anyone remember how exciting the NGP forums were before the official reveal? Yeah, I'm sure we do.

I'd say we don't make the same mistake again and wait until E3 when it gets an actual reveal and not suffer through another dead forum that's either the waste basket of "rumor" threads or full of flamebait kindling, or both.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendo has never been known for keeping projects names the same as the released system, so making the section would pretty much be a waist of time until we get more information and a confirmed name for it.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has never been known for keeping projects names the same as the released system, so making the section would pretty much be a waist of time until we get more information and a confirmed name for it.
Yeah I easily see them renaming it especially as a lot of people would just see it as a peripheral for the Wii and also the 3DS had problems because people thought that was just another DS.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
After reading the whole thread i can understand the argument for both sides, but i would say wait a while until there is more info on the WiiU.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8