Homebrew WiiU Usb helper discontinued? Now what?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow didn't know it got discontinued until I did a fresh Windows 10 install due to Microsoft apps not working. But got it up and running again with Reddit's workaround

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow didn't know it got discontinued until I did a fresh Windows 10 install due to Microsoft apps not working. But got it up and running again with Reddit's workaround
Hi mate i get the discontinued message.
Im on wondows 10.
Reddit says "To fix this, while the launcher it's still open, find the notification icon for the launcher in the task bar, right click it and go to Advanced -> Clear Install.
I cant find the clear install option.
Can you please help. Thanks

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi mate i get the discontinued message.
Im on wondows 10.
Reddit says "To fix this, while the launcher it's still open, find the notification icon for the launcher in the task bar, right click it and go to Advanced -> Clear Install.
I cant find the clear install option.
Can you please help. Thanks
I'm in the same boat as you now just checked today and it stopped working. I feel like these workarounds are only temporary since Nintendo is trying their best to close the curtains on free CDN stuff

Reactions: shanefromoz

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still cant get mine to work. Keep getting the 2 Boxes that wont do anything like it is trying to fetch the Ticket Cache. When I try to Close, this is what I get
WiiU Updater Issue.jpg

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still cant get mine to work. Keep getting the 2 Boxes that wont do anything like it is trying to fetch the Ticket Cache. When I try to Close, this is what I get
View attachment 139406

Same thing happening to me :(

Same happening with utikdownloadhelper, what the heck?

Edit: Found a solution to the problem on Reddit, got it working but I'm done playing nice and I'll just download everything I want to backup (VC titles).

Last edited by DonCaballero,
Reactions: the_randomizer

Kodi88

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi, i did the new installation last night, it works for me. Attached the steps for your reference.

Attachments

• Wii U Helper_Stratch Installation Steps.7z
    13.8 KB · Views: 535

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What about utikdownloader? i mean, i just want to re download the games i have installed.

Just a FYI regarding uTikDownloadHelper, for those that are new to this app and running it for the first time. To be able to use it, it will ask to enter that WiiU Title Key site, since this app has been programmed to only accept that specific URL, unless you have been living under a rock, the original URL is no longer working and entering the new or any other URL will not work also.

There is two ways you can go about it:
- Edit your HOSTS file to redirect the old URL to the IP address where the site is hosted, google search can help you with this, and just enter the old URL in the app.

Or

You could just edit the uTikDownloadHelper's settings.ini file.
- Launch the app once so it can create the default folders.
- Navigate to the following location: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\uTikDownloadHelper
- Open/edit the file "settings.ini" with your preferred text editor.
- There should be an entry "ticketWebsite=", just add the new URL for that WiiU Title Key site.
- It should now look like this: ticketWebsite=www.name.com
- Save the file, re launch the app, now you should see the games start to populate.
- Win win.

I'm not sure if any other versions or modified versions of this app has been fixed or not, but the version that I was using, this is what I had to do. I believe the author has abandoned this app so don't hope for a new version anytime soon. This app is hard to find these days, but your good old pal Google can/will help.

Reactions: anothertemper

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a FYI regarding uTikDownloadHelper, for those that are new to this app and running it for the first time. To be able to use it, it will ask to enter that WiiU Title Key site, since this app has been programmed to only accept that specific URL, unless you have been living under a rock, the original URL is no longer working and entering the new or any other URL will not work also.

There is two ways you can go about it:
- Edit your HOSTS file to redirect the old URL to the IP address where the site is hosted, google search can help you with this, and just enter the old URL in the app.

Or

You could just edit the uTikDownloadHelper's settings.ini file.
- Launch the app once so it can create the default folders.
- Navigate to the following location: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\uTikDownloadHelper
- Open/edit the file "settings.ini" with your preferred text editor.
- There should be an entry "ticketWebsite=", just add the new URL for that WiiU Title Key site.
- It should now look like this: ticketWebsite=www.name.com
- Save the file, re launch the app, now you should see the games start to populate.
- Win win.

I'm not sure if any other versions or modified versions of this app has been fixed or not, but the version that I was using, this is what I had to do. I believe the author has abandoned this app so don't hope for a new version anytime soon. This app is hard to find these days, but your good old pal Google can/will help.

So there is a new keys site? I thought it was gone forever

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is a workaround, and it is working well (till this moment at least).
However, soon big N may be shutting down their Wii U e-shop servers, so ... (you know what)

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So there is a new keys site? I thought it was gone forever

As others have already said, it's the same site, from what I can tell, when the original site went down, a work around was access the site directly via IP address. Then looking at the new URL, it's a DDNS url which I assumes points back to the IP address. I did notice some new games have been added since the original site url went down, so it's kind of still active.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have already said, it's the same site, from what I can tell, when the original site went down, a work around was access the site directly via IP address. Then looking at the new URL, it's a DDNS url which I assumes points back to the IP address. I did notice some new games have been added since the original site url went down, so it's kind of still active.

Never mind, it's working today, yesterday wasn't working! Better download the games, updates and DLC now!

Henceforth

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, i did the new installation last night, it works for me. Attached the steps for your reference.

Thanks for the guide. It was a little tricky but at the end it is work for me. I am trying Pikmin 3 now... .

I have the backups in .wux format that i transform with WudCompress to .wud format.
But then the file is 23GB i am stuck there, because fat32 does not support biger files :/.

There is a way to make the .wud file smaller, like the real size of the game is 4GB for example.
Try to do the loadine format with 3 folders using the Uwizard but miss the meta folder... .

fire10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shame we cant access the full 3ds set through wiihelper anymore to, would be easier than individual downloads

gaga24

Trophies
XP
Country
They "patched" aproach to Nintendo servers, first for Switch, second for 3DS and my guess is they will do it for WiiU as well, very soon.
Yes, they dont care for WiiU, but i think they will at the end stop WiiUusbhelper / utikdownload helper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ this brought me joy (yes it's a rickroll)