Gaming Wiiu Zelda Breath of the wild possibly Leaked already

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterSore

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel Skyward Sword is the worst 3D Zelda game, but that's not really saying much, as they're all fantastic. I just didn't like how they made you run around the same three tiny areas again and again.

It didn't help my experience that for some reason, the game looks pretty awful on a decent sized TV compared to other 480p games like Brawl or Xenoblade. It was like it was made to run at a higher resolution that it could.
As far as linear Zelda games are concerned, this one takes the cake in my opinion. It was alright, and of course I'll never speak ill of it but I definitely disliked all of the flying and it felt like filler material for the limited world.

It had a good story but left a feeling they were simply scrambling to release something for the 20th anniversary/before the Wii ended its run. I really wanted more depth on the old world, they touched on a lot of neat concepts but didn't explore them enough.

FlappyFalco

Guessing I should be thankful
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I bought the game at release when I was 13, and after growing up with NES/Genesis/SNES, it was a drastic change from any game I (and likely anyone else) had played. I even got Mario 64 at N64 launch for Christmas that year, but I will always regard OoT as the best game ever even with how linear it is now. I'm not sure when you first played it, but playing it through pre-2000 was a very different playthrough then now, I mean speed runners can beat it in under 15 minutes today. Back then I wow'd my cousin because I beat it in under 12 hours in a single day because it was just considered to be a HUGE game.

I'd argue that the game isn't even that linear, as you can beat the the Forest, Fire, and Water temples in any order if you get Din's Fire before picking up the Master Sword for the first time. You can also beat the Spirit before the Shadow temple with no problems.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, nostalgia boner? i dont consider pokemon the best game ever just because i played it 2000 times. just because a game is good, and you played it when you were you and it was cool.
I bought the game at release when I was 13, and after growing up with NES/Genesis/SNES, it was a drastic change from any game I (and likely anyone else) had played. I even got Mario 64 at N64 launch for Christmas that year, but I will always regard OoT as the best game ever even with how linear it is now. I'm not sure when you first played it, but playing it through pre-2000 was a very different playthrough then now, I mean speed runners can beat it in under 15 minutes today. Back then I wow'd my cousin because I beat it in under 12 hours in a single day because it was just considered to be a HUGE game.
literally nothing you just said makes it the best game ever. just because its good and you like it doesnt mean its not incredibly flawed and surpassed by many other games.

final-echo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Skyward Sword was disappointing, the only one Zelda I did one time, never relaunch it since. Areas was really smaller and similar, I was like have 3 areas only and quests was redundant. Still, many good ideas was in the game.

I am not hyped by this Zelda, because I have not read news about it since his announcement, and because Skyward Sword let me bitter taste.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd argue that the game isn't even that linear, as you can beat the the Forest, Fire, and Water temples in any order if you get Din's Fire before picking up the Master Sword for the first time. You can also beat the Spirit before the Shadow temple with no problems.

Very true, it's just linear now because it's been optimized over the past 18 years. Not to mention Z-targeting was completely new and now basically a standard for combat-driven games. Side quests and a vast world, Epona was completely optional, there was just so much to it for it's time.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very true, it's just linear now because it's been optimized over the past 18 years. Not to mention Z-targeting was completely new and now basically a standard for combat-driven games. Side quests and a vast world, Epona was completely optional, there was just so much to it for it's time.
"for it's time". This is exactly what im talking about. it was a good game "for it's time". there are still so many better games. a game cant be called the best game ever if all the evidence you use compares it to others in its time. its simply not the best now as of this moment.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"for it's time". This is exactly what im talking about. it was a good game "for it's time". there are still so many better games. a game cant be called the best game ever if all the evidence you use compares it to others in its time. its simply not the best now as of this moment.

It's okay man, you can shit on everyones parade. I'm not the one trying to join the OoT fan club since I'm already a part of it. Even for someone who's played it through 6 full times and doesn't understand then we can't help you. I'm just ready for BotW to be here to be the next "Best Game Ever"

That's also a figurative term you know, not absolute. I love OoT. There are better games, sure, but it holds a very high standard for every gamer out there, that's why it's still talked about to this day.

Rul3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I wonder who it is that actually had the game... That jerk won't share the tik.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's okay man, you can shit on everyones parade. I'm not the one trying to join the OoT fan club since I'm already a part of it. Even for someone who's played it through 6 full times and doesn't understand then we can't help you. I'm just ready for BotW to be here to be the next "Best Game Ever"

That's also a figurative term you know, not absolute. I love OoT. There are better games, sure, but it holds a very high standard for every gamer out there, that's why it's still talked about to this day.
i am not shitting on anyones parade. i like the game. The game is good! I am not saying its bad! it is simply not the end all be all game everyone claims it is. many people are in fact not using "best game ever" figuratively. how many "top 10 games of all time" list is oot the top of? alot of them. just browse the internet and you'll see so many people claiming in literal terms that oot is the best game ever. whether or not you like the game isnt in question. it is simply not, nor will ever be, the greatest game of all time.

Azeon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I will not argue about OoT, I'll just say this : Thanks to OoT the standards changed and a lot of things became possible BECAUSE of OoT.
It's not about if you like the game or not but how it was important to the whole industry of games, it was a paradigm shift.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will not argue about OoT, I'll just say this : Thanks to OoT the standards changed and a lot of things became possible BECAUSE of OoT.
It's not about if you like the game or not but how it was important to the whole industry of games, it was a paradigm shift.
I totally agree, but then so was the original zelda, and the original metroid in a similar way.

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
Is there any possibility that the leak came from the switch version? Or the leaker claimed that it was from the Wii U version?
I've been careful on the Internet lately because of spoilers.

Rul3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most likely a phyical disk copy
That's what I'm saying, whoever has it isn't sharing their tik like a jerk!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there any possibility that the leak came from the switch version? Or the leaker claimed that it was from the Wii U version?
I've been careful on the Internet lately because of spoilers.
Well, we can't datamine the switches carts or anything yet as it's a new console + format.

So it's def the Wii U.

Reactions: varaques

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The data miner most likely didn't have a retail copy, but the EUR version download from NUS. What was leaked was readily accessible if you knew what you were doing, of course.

If it were a retail disc we would have seen more than datamined icons; what's the point in datamining for spoilers if you have access to the game already.

FlappyFalco

Guessing I should be thankful
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

Just to note that I played it for the first time in 2008 and still thought it was fantastic. Anecdotal and subjective, yes, but I still think the game's atmosphere, music, combat, controls, boss fights (except Morpha, f*ck that thing) have aged very well. And now with the remake, the graphics have been brought up to spec and the Iron Boots were fixed, so what's not to love?

I feel that a lot of people just expect it to have aged poorly, not only because is it is 19 years old after all, but it was also a 3D game in a period where devs were still experimenting with what made a good 3D game and the hardware just couldn't fully realize their ambitions. Yet there are games even older than OoT that are still adored, such as the SNES Final Fantasy games or Super Metroid, and it's almost universally agreed that these games are up to modern standards, so what's people's problem with Ocarina?

Reactions: DarthDub

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The data miner most likely didn't have a retail copy, but the EUR version download from NUS. What was leaked was readily accessible if you knew what you were doing, of course.

If it were a retail disc we would have seen more than datamined icons; what's the point in datamining for spoilers if you have access to the game already.
if that was true, we'd never gotten a leak at all. no key equals no data to mine.

Reactions: varaques

Rul3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean, the leaker got something no one else managed to get from that EUR version download. So chances are it was a full game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P