Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, @ two previous posters. My previous computer was a pentium 4 at around 3 GHZ, and this Core 2 Duo is 2.66 and it murders my horrid previous computer. Mine can't even run Minecraft or TF2, unless Minecraft is using optifine.

I've been looking to buy a high end laptop (I don't like the term "gaming laptop", and I know, I should get a desktop but I really want a portable computer.) and they have way slower clock speeds, but I've seen them outrun my current computer by miles.

No offense to anyone, but I'd think most of you know clock speeds doesn't break the deal anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Clock speed is not everything, true. However, if Wii U's CPU is using over 12-year-old PowerPC 750 technology, then it will likely not have any sort of efficiency advantage over more recent processors. Rather, such an old processor design would require a much faster clock speed to even reach parity in performance with current CPUs.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since the news broke about Nintendo putting the CPU and GPU on one package called an MCM, I have been dying to know what the bus is between them and did they pack the 1T SRAM on the MCM and how much of it is there?

The next few months are going to be fascinating!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clock speed is a moot point nowadays. Yes, it's still vital to an extent, but other factors including the architecture, instruction set, number of transistors, etc all play a role in making CPUs more efficient and faster while having a "lower" clock speed than previous generations. A Core i7 with 3.1GHz still slaughters a Core 2 Duo E8400 with the same clock speed.

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
GPGPU is useless if the CPU is not fast enough to "feed" the GPU. But i think that Nintendo has sorted this out and made sure the CPU wont limit too strong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....